Khalid mod for BG II

Zireael07

Never mind. I'd prefer such side chatter to be away from my mod... and no, Khalid WILL NOT EVER be a love interest for the main character. He IS a love interest for Jaheira, duh. There's 15 LTs with Jaheira in SoA and 7 in ToB, plus some bonuses (in Underdark, for example).

Added: more lovetalks in SoA, there are 14 (sorry, not 15) of them in total and only one is left; more lovetalks in ToB to the grand total of 7; Jaheira persuading you to go search for Khalid if he's not in the party and she's not talked to Rylock; Khalid's interjection with Chan Zahraa in Trademeet.

just out of curiosity, are there other sources of inspiration for khalid's personality? other than patient and considerate, i can't think of what to expect.

He's immensely loyal to his friends (including Gorion). He adores Jaheira - those two facts are alluded to in his biography.

I have some sources on Calimshan as a country, thus I tried to allude to its culture too, and not only as 'Arabic-like'...

I'm pretty excited about this mod. The very first time I played BG2 and found Khalid, I cried :'( At the time he was one of my favorite characters. It'll be neat to have him in the party again :)

Well, after we make sure everything works, we'll traify it and I'll do the English translation and then I'll have to find someplace to host it.

I hope that it will be available at Easter, but I don't promise anything.

Added: scripts for SoA & ToB, missing lovetalk for SoA, an item for Khalid's quest in SoA, bonus banters in Underdark, 2 banters with CHARNAME in SoA, an interjection with Rylock, another alternative portrait for Khalid and another for Jaheira.

The only thing missing is 2 banters for SoA.

Tomorrow or on Saturday the Polish beta will probably be published on CoB. If there's no requests/bugs the English translation will follow (taking anywhere from 2 days to a week) and then I'll ask SHS for hosting.

Archived