BG on a Widescreen TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EiriktheScald

EiriktheScald
  • Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

I find using a keyboard and mouse is a bit awkward whilst sitting in front of a Widescreen TV. For those that play the Baldur's Gate series on their TV, what input device do you prefer? 

#2 EiriktheScald

EiriktheScald
  • Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

I'm using a mac-mini as a media/game server. Remote Buddy let's you program, for example, an apple remote. I'm going to try that.

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Eirik! By Thor's beard, I haven't seen you since we used to plunder the coasts of Iceland when only unfrocked Irish monks lived there!*

As for your choice of modern hardware, have you considered changing your Mac for a Linux machine? Basically, you would improve your situation with less money. Apart from that, I cannot comment on your situation, since I have not used a Mac since the Stone(d) Age, many epochs ago.

Having said that, I do prefer both a traditional wired keyboard and mouse because I find they're more precise. But maybe that's just me.

On another note, have you considered finishing your mod? Just curious.

*Edit: when Scandinavian vikings first discovered Iceland, they found only the relics of Irish clerics.

Edited by Miloch, 26 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#4 EiriktheScald

EiriktheScald
  • Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Someone has mapped an xbox360 controller for windows using Pinnacle Game Profiler: http://pinnaclegamep...gp/baldurs-gate

I took their layout and mapped a Steelseries Nimbus controller using ControllerMate, which works quite well:

Dpad left cycles thru characters 1-3, hold selects all three
Dpad right cycles thru characters 4-6, hold selects all three
Dpad up selects all 6 characters
Dpad down cycles thru Inventory,Character Sheet, Mage Spells, Priest Spells, and on hold journal

With Left Trigger down Dpad is 1-4 Dpad Up being 1 and moving counter-clockwise Dpad Right being 4
With Right Trigger down Dpad is 5-8 Dpad Up being 5 and moving counter-clockwise Dpad Right being 8 (useful for Dialog Choices)

Left Analog Stick pans the camera
Right analog Stick controls mouse

LB is left Click
RB is right click

The A button is special abilities or F12
The X button will cycle thru F4 and F5, and on hold F6
The B button is pause or spacebar
The Y button is cast magic or F7

When the left trigger is held A is F1, X is F2, B is F3, and Y F4
When the Right trigger is held A is F5, X is F6, B is F7, and Y F8

Home is options or escape

On another note, have you considered finishing your mod? Just curious.

Yes, in fact, I'm setting up the controller to do a walk through. My goal is to have the dialog completed by springtime. And I shortened the saga to a þættir (tale) about a conversation between the king of Norland and a young adventurer from Norheim  ;)

Edited by EiriktheScald, 31 July 2017 - 06:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users