SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Ok so I have made some test :

Vanilla Bg2EE : mirror image is working correclty, I do take damage from aoe spells

vanilla BG2EE + spell revision revisited main component : mirror image is not working correclty, I don't take damage from aoe spells

vanilla BG2EE + spell revision revisited main component + mirror image fix : mirror image is working correclty, I do take damage from aoe spells

So I really don't know where your problem come from Wyrd, it's really strange

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.0.4)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #10 // Deva and Planetar Animations: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.0.4)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Cure Sleep Fix: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.0.4)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 15 (Revised V1.0.4)
On BG 2EE 2.5
Edited by DrAzTiK

Actually, that's not true. Because SRR's .tp2 would make it say "beta 15" even if he had used beta 14.

Yes, it's definitely really strange, especially because it seems to be SRR-related, but I have no idea why, since SRR doesn't even touch the Mirror Image component. You can literally see it's not one of the changed .tpas in spell_rev/components, so I am not sure what's going on.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I think I understand lol: Wyrd, you said :

vanilla bg2ee + SR beta 15 main + mirror image fix -> mirror image doesn't protect against area attacks anymore

It is exactly what it is supposed to happens. Mirror image is not supposed to protect you from aea attacks anymore with the fix !

Gotcha!

The bug with the "mirror image fix" component it's not present IF you install Cure Sleep Fix and Deva and Planetar Animation first (possibly only cure sleep fix or only planetar animation, I haven't tested)

vanilla bg2ee + SR beta 15 main + mirror image fix -> mirror image doesn't protect against area attacks anymore

It is exactly what it is supposed to happens. Mirror image is not supposed to protect you from aea attacks anymore with the fix !

The "->" part was added by me, wasn't present in the weidu log.

Anyway, thanks to both you and Bartimeus for the help!

Edited by Wyrd

Yeah, but that's with SR, not with SRR. He's been making the point that with SRR using the Mirror Image fix, it is not being bypassed, which would seem wrong.

@Wyrd: I never have used the Planetar animations (never liked 'em), but I do use the Cure Sleep Fix. If you have that installed, everything is as it should be?

3) In my game AoE spell don't bypass mirror image (i'm playing on ee, and have the SR mirror image fix installed (i'll try to disintall it this afternoon and see what happens)

Playing on BG2: EE

Edit: I unistalled Mirror Image Fix, unfortunatly the bug it's still there.

I don't think the Mirror image fix should be installed on EEs? The readme calls it an .exe hack, and I'm pretty sure the EEs' .exe has a different structure than the old TOB .exe. (Although, to be fair, the readme I have available is for SR v3.)

In any event the Mirror Image fix is not needed on the EEs, because the issue of AoE spells being blocked by MI has been fixed byt he Beamdog devs. There is a "bypass Mirror Image" flag in the effects block in the same 4-byte dword that contains the "saving throw type" field. It's labeled "EE/Ex" in NI so I infer it is a ToBEx feature that was adopted in the EEs? In which case the proper thing for SR to do is not have a "mirror image fix" component, but rather to simply apply that flag to all AoE spells added by the mod as a matter of course.

EDIT - duh, took a look at the code and this is in fact what the "MI Fix" component actually does now. Which is good... BUT the problem is in how SR moves many spell functions out to subspells. Do you have the AoE Deflection component installed? I bet you do. If so, it changes Fireball from [apply fire damage via projectile] to [cast a subspell via projectile + subspell applies fire damage individually to its targets].

The MI Fix code looks for AoE spells to patch by looking for AoE projectiles... which means it misses those subspells.

Assuming this is only a problem when the AoE Deflection component is installed, the obvious solution is probably to patch its subspells with the "bypass MI" flag as they are installed. (It could be applied conditionally based on whether you have the MI Fix component installed... but why? Is there any reason you wouldn't want that flag on the spells?)

Edited by subtledoctor

But the Mirror Image fix comes before the AoE SD fix. From what I see, that bypasses the problem you're talking about, since the effects of both e.g. SPWI304 and SPWI304D (Fireball) have the "Bypass Mirror Image" value enabled. I could see that being an issue if the install order was switched, but it's not.

Edited by Bartimaeus

But the Mirror Image fix comes before the AoE SD fix. From what I see, that bypasses the problem you're talking about, since the effects of both e.g. SPWI304 and SPWI304D (Fireball) have the "Bypass Mirror Image" value enabled. I could see that being an issue if the install order was switched, but it's not.

Okay, I guess I had missed a bunch of posts from Wyrd and Draztik. The issue seems to be confused, or confusing, or it's confusing me at any rate. And maybe related to SRR? So I'm not even touching it until/unless someone confirms there is a bug there with vanilla SR.

And so at this point I'll update my personal bugfix repo to version 4 beta 15 SD rev 7. (Yeah, that's a mouthful.) I'm not going to make a "release" because I don't have permission to redistribute the mod. But there is my master commit, which is playable. (Yes I'm aware of the onion-skin-thin difference, but it's a nod to the proper people with decisionmaking power here - in the words of a wise man, "you know we're living in a society!")

"#bonecir.spl" is no longer used in the game anyway - it's cruft left over from IWD-in-BG2 and the IWDEE developers went a different way. So you might as well just do

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "#bonecir.spl" BEGIN
  DISABLE_FROM_KEY "#bonecir.spl"
END
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS "override/#bonecir.spl" BEGIN
    DELETE "override/#bonecir.spl"
END

Implemented.

1. Bhaalspawn powers get named (and descripped, though you won't ever see it) by SR.

2. The innate form of Simbul's Spell Matrix, that you use to actually trigger the sequencer, had the old name of the spell.

Fixed.

1. skelgrsu appears to be set to the wrong gender in SR (i.e. not summoned).

2. Greater Command appears to be a little broken? I was trawling through all of its secondary spells, and I noticed that SPPR512C has its first effect, which is casting the next part of the spell SPPR512D, set to happen at 0%-0%, which means the spell ends its saving throw checks only a few rounds in (i.e. if a creature fails its saving throws the first few rounds, it will not be given another chance, which it's supposed to every round). And I think the subsequent secondary spells have the same issue (e.g. SPPR512D).

3. Wail of the Banshee is missing its distinctive wailing sound when using the AoE spell deflection component. This is because the spell's projectile targets only enemies in an area of effect, while the sound effect tries to target the caster, and with the base spell's effects being branched off into a subspell via this component, it cannot seem to figure out how to target the original caster with that degree of separation. The two possible solutions I can think of for this are making the sound effect target enemies...but that would mean for every enemy that is hit with this, it's going to play the sound, which could be defeaning depending on how many that is (I THINK?)...and the other is to make the casting completion sound be this instead of the normal necromancer casting completion sound (and instead making the necromancer casting completion sound the secondary sound in the spell's effects, which won't play in games with that subcomponent installed, but will in those that don't). I personally prefer its distinctive sound effect to play rather than the generic casting completion sound, so that's probably the route I'm going to go unless somebody knows of an alternative fix. I guess you could put the AoE effect into a secondary effect to begin with, but that'll just create the same problem as above with Chain Lightning.

4. Imprisonment doesn't seem to have a graphical effect used? It defines one in its effects, but gives it a 0 duration so that it doesn't actually play. So...when you cast Imprisonment, there's no indication that it did anything until the targeted character just suddenly disappears some seconds later.

5. Mazzy's Haste now correctly cancels slow (had forgotten to add it to the sectype patcher)

Fixed.

1. Mage Armor says Conjuration, is actually Enchantment.

2. Simbul's Spell Matrix says Universal, but is actually Invoker, though it does not exclude Enchanters. Should be set to none for school proper (but stay Invoker for casting graphics) in order to avoid being a "favored" spell by Invokers during character creation - same as the Wish spells.

3. Melf's Minute Meteors says Evocation, but is actually Conjuration. I assume it's supposed to be Conjuration.

4. Cloudkill says Conjuration, but is actually Evocation. Believe it should be Conjuration.

5. Contingency - same case as Spell Matrix.

6. Chaos says Enchantment, but does not disallow Invokers.

7. Simbul's Spell Sequencer - same as Spell Matrix.

8. Simbul's Spell Trigger - yep.

9. Chain Contingency - yep.

10. Larloch's Minor Drain is correctly Necromancy, but its disallowed school is incorrectly Alteration.

11. Horror is correctly Necromancy, but its disallowed school is incorrectly Alteration.

12. Spirit Armor is correctly Necromancer, but its disallowed school is incorrectly Alteration.

13. Moment of Prescience is correctly Divination, but its disallowed is not anything at all - it should be Conjuration.

14. Neither Summon Planetar or Summon Dark Planetar are actually set to Conjuration.

Fixed. This bears a bit more comment. The spell school fixes are governed by an array in /spell_rev/lib/d5_spell_school_list.tpa. The function (in /spell_rev/lib/d5_set_spell_schools.tpa) reads the school from the array and

- sets the spell to that school

- sets the proper opposition school in the .SPL file

- sets the school and exclusion flag in the .ITM file for any scroll associated with the spell

- updates the school listed in the spell description in both the .SPL and ITM files. Note, the fixes in the current version should not actually change any text, because they simply patch the spells to match what the SR text already says. If you want to change which spells belong to which school, you can edit the array before installing. But in that case, be aware the text changes will only apply to the English version of the text.

In order to patch the proper scrolls, this also creates a files linking each spell to the scroll that allows it to be learned: /override/dvscrlmap.2da. Just in case it might be useful to anyone to have quick access to that information. (Note, of course, that the information is only valid for the game install at the time SR is installed. Later mods like IWDification might add new spells and new scrolls, which won't be represented in this file.)

This also incorporates and slightly updates Bartimeus' "fix arcane spellbooks" function. Any spells listed as "disabled" in the array will have both the cleric and druid exclusion flags set (this happens in the main component), and then if you install the "update spellbooks" component those spells will be removed from the spellbooks of joinable NPCs.

Also, it now uses an updated version of k4thos' function to identify joinable NPCs.

Earthquake, Chain Lighting and probably some other spells are a bit more complicated tto tweak iirc (they already cast subspells).

DB/Comet I couldn't get to work properly last time I tried. I'd prefer if Deflection stopped them, tbh.

NOT fixed. I'll tackle this at some point...

Edited by subtledoctor

And so at this point I'll update my personal bugfix repo to version 4 beta 15 SD rev 7. (Yeah, that's a mouthful.) I'm not going to make a "release" because I don't have permission to redistribute the mod. But there is my master commit, which is playable. (Yes I'm aware of the onion-skin-thin difference, but it's a nod to the proper people with decisionmaking power here - in the words of a wise man, "you know we're living in a society!")

Issue a pull request and we can release it as b16.

Issue a pull request and we can release it as b16.

By this stage, wouldn't it make sense to release it just as v4?

There are a few things we haven't done yet for v4 - the docs need updating, especially the spell information.

Actually that would be better to just link to a new topic that contains the stuff. Not include it to a static version that's no where to be found on the internet except the install file ... as that way, you could update it during the time you have on the internet, and not during you fix stuff that need to be.. and then link the topics forward and backwards and lock the old topic when a new one comes out. This way you can hop between versions without a need to have a specific change log. Edited by Jarno Mikkola