Cursed Items Mod

Guest The Potty 1

Hi

First off, this sounds like a great mod, one that I had pretty much decided to write myself. How hard could it possibly be to learn Weidu

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/style_emoti...lt/rolleyes.gif

One page back you said it would support BG2, but the readme itself says nothing. Anyway I put on my crash helmet and tried to install it.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [ogreunsh.cre] not found in KEY file: [./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

Anyway, I'm gonna manually copy the files into my override folder, after backing them up of course. Except I suppose the item descriptions will be hosed? Damn. Any advice?

I have sent for uploading version 2.0 (should be up at Blackwyrm's Lair in a matter of few days).

The changes log:

- Version 2:

Major conceptual change

Fixed a typo in .tp2 code

Added BG2 compatibility

Updated to WeiDU 210

Minor changes to readme file

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Guest Benjamin

Hello !

I've recently reinstalled my usual BGT & Mods association and I tried 'Cursed items" with them. I really liked the way you tweaked the vanilla BG1 items ! Can't talk about the BG2 ones, since I haven't reached it yet but for now, it's very nice & interesting. Makes you stupidly wonder if... well, since everyone seems to avoid spoiling the fun of it, I won't say anything either ;-)...

Anyway, I've encountered a little bug... Yes, yes, Sir... The Ring of Nimbleness found in the Shipwreck Coast area and concerned by the Mad Arcand quest. Well, since it has been tweaked, its new appearance -sort of "Ring of the Master Mind"- shares a code which ISN'T recognized by the quest giver ! A little ShadowKeeper modification helped me get out of trouble but I wanted to report that anyway...

Thanks for your work anyway !!

Hi there and thanks for your appreciation, benjamin.

Sorry if I reply this late to your message but it slipped from my attention.

Next time could you kindly report possible other bugs at Black Wyrm's Lair where the mod is hosted?

Now, about your bug, it seems I can't reproduce the same issue on my install. The ring is recognized by the quest giver without any need of modifications.

Could you please include your WeiDu log?

Thanks!

Version 3.5 of this mod should be out soon.

I have added russian translation (possible languages are now: english, french, german and russian) and corrected a couple of small typos.

This is possibly the final update to this mod.

You know, the level of amateurism involved in making this mod is absolutely unbelievable. I would expect of author(s) in regard to their claims of compatibility  to at least make some rudimentary testing. As it happens, on my heavily modded easy Tutu install ( and this mod was installed close to the top ) with only Stone of Recall component I run into game breaking bug almost at the start: instead of Sarevok's ambush cutscene protagonist and Gorion landed in forest of Tethyr where protagonist got stuck by the tree and Gorion walked away in the fog of war. Happy ending of the sort. :D You can imagine fun involved in uninstalling 50 mods to find the culprit. What I don't understand is that maker of this mod didn't bother to spend 10 seconds to check if his claims of compatibility are actually true. 

Cursed Items Revision v4.0 is out.

Change Log:

• Added compatibility with Item Revisions Revised
  • Added compatibility with Salk's BG2 EE style game text update
  • Corrected typo in .tp2

I was unable to test Cursed Items Revision on EasyTuTu due to the fact that non-modded EasyTuTu crashes on my system after starting "New Game".

Edited by Salk