Linux text editors...

Sorrow

Not that I'm aware of, though I did only a quick search. Generally this is done via bunch of regex rules, so it shouldn't be too hard to port to your favourite editor. Or maybe some can use the existing rules directly. And maybe there are converters too.

Editors are also simple software, so you could probably get away with just running context under wine without much problems.

OK, hold on for a minute or two....

after you install JEdit,

weidu.cliplibrary was in the top directory and in the /properties/ subfolder. I think it is used by the "Clipper' plugin, but you may find it easier just to define your own using the internal "abbreviations plane".

The Abbreviations Pane

The Abbreviations option pane can be used to enable or disable automatic abbreviation expansion, and to edit currently defined abbreviations.

The combo box labelled “Abbrev set†selects the abbreviation set to edit. The first entry, “globalâ€, contains abbreviations available in all edit modes. The subsequent entries correspond to each mode's local set of abbreviations.

To change an abbreviation or its expansion, either double-click the appropriate table entry, or click a table entry and then click the Edit button. This will display a dialog box for modifying the abbreviation.

The Add button displays a dialog box where you can define a new abbreviation. The Remove button removes the currently selected abbreviation from the list.

See the section called “Positional Parameters†for information about positional parameters in abbreviations.

I did this:

post-844-1292081949_thumb.png

The internal docs make using this editor very simple even for me.

The syntax work is done in the /modes/ subdirectory. To use them, you need to open up the file "catalog" in that subdirectory and add the lines

<MODE NAME="weidu_tp2"		FILE="weidu_tp2.xml"
           			FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.{tp2,tpa,tpp}"/>

<MODE NAME="weidu_dbaf"		FILE="weidu_dbaf.xml"
           			FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.{d,baf}"/>

The files I use are here jedit_xml.rar, but you will want to strip out my custom ones at the botom, and you will want to make sure you have lots of memory assigned. I also use the TextAutoComplete plugin, which has to be started for every buffer, but once it is started it pulls everything already loaded as a syntax highlighted keyword into the possible completions so that when you type

Ha

then a menu of known matches for the buffer and for WeiDUI commands pops up. On my install, "Ha 2" pops out HasItemEquipped, for example. As a typo - prone dude, I find it great to define a variable I am going to use (like "c-aranromanceactive") and only have to type c-aranr 4 (choice 4 on the context-sensitive autocomplete menu).

Archived