Installation error

Totemic

I've installed BG1 and TotSC, then the TotSC patch. Followed this with the G3 Fixpack. Now, when I install the Divine Remix 5 executable, it takes roughly 15 minutes updating pids, before ending with the following:

Copying [setup-bg2fixpack.exe]->[setup-Divine_Remix.exe]: false

[setup-bg2fixpack.exe]WeiDU version 20400

Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-bg2fixpack.exe] <done>

[setup-Divine_Remix.exe] WeiDU version 196

ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, exiting!

Sys_error("Setup-Divine_Remix.exe: Too many open files")

I subsequently ran the setup, and got the offer to install each component, but am concerned about whether it will run properly, since the executable failed to finish. I also tried installing DR in my easyTutu folder, but almost as soon as the DOS command window was launched, it closed, and installation halted. I'm not getting the DR clerical choices in BG1; only in BG2. I seem to recall having those options available the last time I played, about a year ago.

Should I have installed DR before the Fixpack? Or what's going on? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I've installed BG1 and TotSC, then the TotSC patch. Followed this with the G3 Fixpack.

First off, DR is for BG2 and BG2-engine games (Tutu, BGT) only and should not be installed on regular BG1. The BG2 Fixpack from G3 should also not be installed on regular BG1.

Now, when I install Divine Remix 5, it takes roughly 15 minutes updating pids, before ending with the following:

[setup-bg2fixpack.exe]WeiDU version 20400

Auto-Updating on behalf of [setup-bg2fixpack.exe]

I subsequently re-ran the setup, and got the offer to install each component, but am concerned about whether it will run properly. I also tried installing DR in my easyTutu folder, but almost as soon as the DOS command window was launched, it closed, and installation halted. I'm not getting the DR clerical choices in BG1; only in BG2. I seem to recall having those options available the last time I played, about a year ago.

Should I have installed DR before the Fixpack?

No.

Or what's going on? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

"Copying [setup-bg2fixpack.exe]->[setup-Divine_Remix.exe]: false" - this means that it encountered a problem when updating the installer to the latest version. If you update this manually (replace Setup-Divine_Remix.exe with a copy of Setup-bg2fixpack.exe) and run Setup-Divine_Remix.exe again, it will detect as the latest version and skip the update process.

You will always know whether WeiDU has successfully installed something because it will tell you so when it does, and it will also update the WeiDU.log text file (which contains a list of all installed WeiDU mods). It sounds as though you were not able to install DR in your Tutu folder - if you run the Setup-modname.exe of a mod and it exits automatically before doing anything, sometimes you just need to run it again, and if that fails, you can try a manual update as above.

First off, DR is for BG2 and BG2-engine games (Tutu, BGT) only and should not be installed on regular BG1. The BG2 Fixpack from G3 should also not be installed on regular BG1.

I mentioned that I was running easyTutu: " I also tried installing DR in my easyTutu folder..." --though I should have put that useful bit of info up top.

I'll check out the manual install, as you suggest. Thanks.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you suggested doing, but it's not working. Here, again, is the problem: when I run the DR5 executable, I get about 15 minutes of pid installation, with that

line constantly repeating for each. Then I get the group of lines at the end, as I stated, above. I tried Setup-bg2fixpack.exe again, but then when I ran Setup-Divine_Remix.exe after it, I got the same statement as above, concluding with false. And if I run the entire DR5 executable, it again concludes the same way it previously did.

I did try running Setup-Divine_Remix.exe in my easyTutu directory after the DR5 executable failed, there, and it installed the kits I'd selected. But will those kits actually work, if the DR5 executable never finished?

I mentioned that I was running easyTutu: " I also tried installing DR in my easyTutu folder..." --though I should have put that useful bit of info up top.

The BG2 Fixpack should not be installed on EasyTutu post-conversion, either (it includes its own fixes). If it was pre-conversion, it *probably* won't matter, but if it was post-, you probably should uninstall it before continuing (to do so, you would run Setup-bg2fixpack.exe and choose to uninstall).

I did try running Setup-Divine_Remix.exe in my easyTutu directory after the DR5 executable failed, there, and it installed the kits I'd selected. But will those kits actually work, if the DR5 executable never finished?

Yes. The self-extracting archive simply extracts the files to your BG folder and then starts up Setup-modname.exe, which is what actually installs the mod. Since you successfully ran the Setup-modname.exe installer on your own, you should be good. Open WeiDU.log in your Tutu directory with Notepad or another text editor if you'd like to be sure.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you suggested doing, but it's not working. Here, again, is the problem: when I run the DR5 executable, I get about 15 minutes of pid installation, with that

line constantly repeating for each. Then I get the group of lines at the end, as I stated, above. I tried Setup-bg2fixpack.exe again, but then when I ran Setup-Divine_Remix.exe after it, I got the same statement as above, concluding with false. And if I run the entire DR5 executable, it again concludes the same way it previously did.

If you've already got it installed, you shouldn't need to do this, but here's what I meant:

I was suggesting to make a copy of Setup-bg2fixpack.exe, and rename the copy to "Setup-Divine_Remix.exe" after deleting the original Setup-Divine_Remix.exe. Then, run this new Setup-Divine_Remix.exe to install the mod (instead of the self-extracting archive, which would have replaced Setup-Divine_Remix.exe with the older version before running it).

Good luck.

The BG2 Fixpack should not be installed on EasyTutu post-conversion, either (it includes its own fixes). If it was pre-conversion, it *probably* won't matter, but if it was post-, you probably should uninstall it before continuing (to do so, you would run Setup-bg2fixpack.exe and choose to uninstall).

I was installing the BG2 Fixpack in my BG2-SoA folder, though, not in my EasyTutu folder. Shouldn't that work? There is no information in the BG2 Fixpack site, forum or readme stating otherwise, that I could find.

As it is, I'm continuing to get more:

Copying [setup-x.exe]->[setup-y.exe]: false

installation errors, this time between the G3Anniversary mod and the BG2 Fixpack. Clearly, the problem isn't DR-specific. I'm getting pretty tired of it, however. I'd love to squash this gremlin.

I was installing the BG2 Fixpack in my BG2-SoA folder, though, not in my EasyTutu folder. Shouldn't that work? There is no information in the BG2 Fixpack site, forum or readme stating otherwise, that I could find.

This wasn't clear from your earlier posts. That should work fine.

As it is, I'm continuing to get more:

Copying [setup-x.exe]->[setup-y.exe]: false

installation errors, this time between the G3Anniversary mod and the BG2 Fixpack. Clearly, the problem isn't DR-specific. I'm getting pretty tired of it, however. I'd love to squash this gremlin.

Try manually extracting the files from the self-extracting archive using WinRAR. Then, move them into your BG directory and run the Setup-modname.exe. If you encounter the same updating problems, follow the manual copy/paste steps I posted above.

I've decided to do a fresh install. I think the problem all along has been The Vault--by all accounts, an interesting quest+shop mod. Problem is, it's Tutu-compatible, but I've discovered only after installation that it wasn't updated since the development of easyTutu. I don't believe it works with the latter. Its files are not copied over into easyTutu when the latter installs, and it was directly aftewards that the BG Fixpack acted strangely.

I'd contact the author, but he doesn't appear to have updated his site in over 2 years. Perhaps I'll send a note out to the PPG folks, (hopefully) for mention, there.

I've decided to do a fresh install. I think the problem all along has been The Vault--by all accounts, an interesting quest+shop mod. Problem is, it's Tutu-compatible, but I've discovered only after installation that it wasn't updated since the development of easyTutu. I don't believe it works with the latter. Its files are not copied over into easyTutu when the latter installs, and it was directly aftewards that the BG Fixpack acted strangely.

EasyTutu does not incorporate any BG1 mod content in the conversion process.

Furthermore, EasyTutu is only compatible with Tutu mods that are meant to be applied to an existing installation of Tutu -- any mods that are intended to be applied to vanilla Baldur's Gate and then converted to Tutu may not be used with EasyTutu.

Installing them beforehand *probably* won't hurt, but it won't do any good, either.

Anyway, this mod would not cause your problem. For the record, I've never encountered a WeiDU updating problem that could not be solved by manually replacing Setup-modname.exe - as before, I'd advise looking into manually extracting the files from Divine_Remix-v5.exe using WinRAR, as the self-extraction process has sometimes interfered with updating.

Guest Robocaper

This was making me very, very angry last night and I just installed DR into the TEMP folder and hit ENTER after error about TLK file not found. Next, I copied the DR folder into EASYTUTU as well as DR's EXE/LOG file and then just went into EASYTUTU folder and right clicked on DR's EXE and ran as administrator and it installed smothley from there. Also, be sure to do this:

"WeiDU ("BiggDU") WO Browse to the folder: WeiDU and find the file: weidu.exe. Copy this file into your Tutu game directory (probably c:\BaldursGateTutu\). Rename it setup-latest.exe or any name that will remind you what the version is, so updating agian is easier. Do not run this .exe - WeiDU will be able to auto-update each mod you add to your install from this point forward to the latest WeiDU version."

Which I nabbed from another post (you'll need to download the latest WeiUD first which is 210 at the moment.) Bye!

Archived