BG1 Unfinished Business - Bug Reporting Thread

Anyway, I tried second option and it worked like the charm! Thank you for your explanations and help. :beer:

Hi Greenhorn.

Sorry, for the issues with the 64-bit WeiDU. There are mods that require 64-bit WeiDU now (e.g., DLC Merger), so I figured using the x64 WeiDU was the best bet. I also wasn't aware Windows was still doing a 32-bit-only version; MacOS went 64-bit over 10 years ago.

I'll have to create a new workflow to also create 32-bit WeiDU archives.

Hey AstroBryGuy, yes, this issue came as complete ( unpleasant ) surprise for me, never even been aware of this potentially serious problem. I would be very grateful if more modders don't forget and take into account us technologically backward players. :laugh2:

Edited by Greenhorn

Hello making a bug report, I'm unsure if it's BG1NPC Project or UB causing the issue, but Branwen when confronting with Tranzig will get caught in a looping dialogue Talk Tree after either Tranzig flees or dies.

Far as I can tell looking at my Weidu logs, I don't believe I have a conflicting component installed so it must be related to NPC Project, but yet something is causing her to go into the loop after the Tranzig Conflict. I wonder if my EET install didn't check something properly when installing UB1? I'm positive I didn't check that component in favor of NPC Project..

So confusing.

P-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #30 // Nim Furlwing Encounter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.0
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.0

So either something got overlooked in UB1 coding or NPC Project or another mod all together. I'm going to attach my Weidu logs of both BG1 and BG2 to see where we can locate this thing.

WeiDU.log

WeiDU.log

Edited by Kaliesto

First I would like to thank current maintainer of this mod for extra trouble he may have had to keep this mod compatible with older win 32-bit operating systems. So big thank you AstroBryGuy! :worship: 

Secondly, I would like to report couple of strange things I saw when installing BG1UBv.16 on my easyTUTU install regarding compatibility with BG1NPCv.24 prerelease. BG1UB should supposedly recognize similar, overlapping components from BG1NPC if installed after it but that is  not the case with "Angelo Notices Shar-teel" and "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" components. 

Thirdly, I would like to know is it necessary to install "The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections" on Tutu which was build on GOG BG: The original saga which comes with ddraw fix and many other improvements? I installed it just to be on the safe side but I will remove it if it can cause problems or duplicate already present content.  

One humble request for current maintainer of this mod, can Nim Furlwing encounter be relocated somewhere else, for example in right lower section of the map? Reason for this is that her and her hunting dogs are stuck in the middle of the goblin horde from Aurora shoes and boots mod. When we stumbled on her there was one hell of the battle, in addition to said goblin horde and pack of dire wolves from her encounter a pack of wild dogs and vampiric wolf also joined the fray. She can be lucky that she lost only one dog and there was no reason to snub my party for it. One modest party of 3-4 level against 50 or so opponents, it's the miracle that only Jaheira lost her head ( damn those vampiric wolves, you can't make 2 steps in Tutu without stumbling on them, great for farming experience though :)). 

The mod updates to v16.1!

v16.1 comes with bugfixes and a completed Russian translation by d0lphin.

Currently, the new version is only availbale from the official PPG GitHub Mirror.
PPG Download page will be updated soon.

Changes:
-    Russian version completed by d0lphin.
-    Component "Additional Elminster Encounter" will be skipped for BGT (encounter is already restored in BGT)
-    Component "Coran and the Wyverns" will be skipped for BGT: Wyvern is already unique, and dialogue fix currently destroys Coran's greetings dialogue.
-    "Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations": Watch on 6th floor should not constantly try to talk to the PC.
-    Readme renamed to README.bg1ub.english.html.
-    bg1ub.ini with mod info added.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, Greenhorn said:

One humble request for current maintainer of this mod, can Nim Furlwing encounter be relocated somewhere else, for example in right lower section of the map? Reason for this is that her and her hunting dogs are stuck in the middle of the goblin horde from Aurora shoes and boots mod.

NimFurlwing and her dogs will be further south in the next version. Although bg1ub is way older it is easier to move the Furlwing encounter in this mod.

If anyone knows why Aurora spawns hordes of monsters in BG1 I'd be interested to hear.

On 7/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, Greenhorn said:

Secondly, I would like to report couple of strange things I saw when installing BG1UBv.16 on my easyTUTU install regarding compatibility with BG1NPCv.24 prerelease. BG1UB should supposedly recognize similar, overlapping components from BG1NPC if installed after it but that is  not the case with "Angelo Notices Shar-teel" and "Sarevok's Diary Corrections" components. 

The Shar-teel contents of both mods seem to be compatible. BG1NPC only adds one quick exchange at one point, bg1ub adds somewhere else, it seems to make sense together.

As for the Sarevok diary components: basically, the one installed last will be present in the game, so they are not compatible content-wise, but they are "compatible" in the sense that installing them together will not end in chaos of sorts ingame.

On 1/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, jastey said:

NimFurlwing and her dogs will be further south in the next version. Although bg1ub is way older it is easier to move the Furlwing encounter in this mod.

If anyone knows why Aurora spawns hordes of monsters in BG1 I'd be interested to hear.

Aurora adds some pretty neat items and smaller portion of it is available for BG1 game via Tutu and BGT. Most of it come from that cute gnome merchant in Nashkel  where she sells majority of them and upgrades others, similar like Cromwell. Unfortunately such items don't grow on trees and are usually guarded by monsters and some of these encounters can be tough for novice BG1 party especially when they are buffed with other monsters from other mods and random spawn points which spawn vampiric wolves to join the fun. ;)

Edited by Greenhorn