Please clarify the TP2 file for me

WarChiefZeke

Hi all,

Long time player, first time modder. After thousands of lines of dialogues and interparty banters, and hours of adjusting the code until it was error-free, i'm now stuck again and what's worse, confused with no tutorial seeming to provide the answer.

Since this is a BG mod, which I want to eventually take into maybe SoD and definitely BG2, i'd like to have an understanding of how this works to avoid future problems and not just get lucky with a copy-paste jobs (which doesn't seem to be helping anyway xD)

Anyway, I compile the dialogues just fine but then get an error like:

Error locating resource for 'CHAIN3'

Resource [bishl] not found in KEY file:

CHITIN.KEY

Since it gives me the variable name I used for her banter between other companions I am assuming it's having a problem there.

The file is appended into the interdia.2da file at the end like it should be. I add the variable name to that list just to try it and nothing.

Am I missing something?

Hi all,

Long time player, first time modder. After thousands of lines of dialogues and interparty banters, and hours of adjusting the code until it was error-free, i'm now stuck again and what's worse, confused with no tutorial seeming to provide the answer.

Since this is a BG mod, which I want to eventually take into maybe SoD and definitely BG2, i'd like to have an understanding of how this works to avoid future problems and not just get lucky with a copy-paste jobs (which doesn't seem to be helping anyway xD)

Anyway, I compile the dialogues just fine but then get an error like:

Error locating resource for 'CHAIN3'

Resource [bishl] not found in KEY file:

CHITIN.KEY

Since it gives me the variable name I used for her banter between other companions I am assuming it's having a problem there.

The file is appended into the interdia.2da file at the end like it should be. I add the variable name to that list just to try it and nothing.

Am I missing something?

The problem may be in the d file you compile or the tp2. It would be best if you post both of them here.

To put the banter file into chitin.key you must have somewhere in your d-files a line saying

BEGIN Bishl

The entry into interdia.2da file is there to associate the banter file with your NPC, so it will be used when he/she is in party, the BEGIN Bishl is the one to create the dlg file itself.

Actually, that worked, thanks! I had mistakenly forgot to change the name after BEGIN in the d file to "Bishl".

Now it's giving me errors, but I know these are just because I didn't use the correct shortened banter names for companions with long names, so that's an easy fix which i'll do immediately.

Another question- Is there anything special I need to do in order to get this running on BGEE, or is normal WEIDU language and compatibility with BGTUTU enough?

Again, thanks! Very much appreciated.

Now the dialogue files are fine, the banter files and the script are fine, but now my area script isn't. This is the error:

ERROR:Unix.Unix_error(20,"stat", "Ishlilkamod/Script/AR2300.baf")

In my TP2 file:

EXTEND_TOP ~AR2300.bcs~ ~Ishlilkamod/Script/AR2300.baf~

The code inside the Script:

IF
Global("SpawnI", "GLOBAL", 0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SpawnI", "GLOBAL", 1)
CreateCreature("#Ishl", [3330.2300], 14)
Continue()
END

Again, thanks! Very much appreciated.

Now the dialogue files are fine, the banter files and the script are fine, but now my area script isn't. This is the error:

ERROR:Unix.Unix_error(20,"stat", "Ishlilkamod/Script/AR2300.baf")

In my TP2 file:

EXTEND_TOP ~AR2300.bcs~ ~Ishlilkamod/Script/AR2300.baf~

The code inside the Script:

IF

Global("SpawnI", "GLOBAL", 0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("SpawnI", "GLOBAL", 1)

CreateCreature("#Ishl", [3330.2300], 14)

Continue()

END

Is that baf file really in the directory the tp2 points to?

...aand i'm back, lol.

Says it successfully installs, but my character is nowhere to be found. I revised all the file names to FW because it was Tutu. the name inside the createcreature function needs to be the same as the cre file, correct? and does it use mouse coordinates or tile position? i'm assuming mouse coordinates...

...aand i'm back, lol.

Says it successfully installs, but my character is nowhere to be found. I revised all the file names to FW because it was Tutu. the name inside the createcreature function needs to be the same as the cre file, correct? and does it use mouse coordinates or tile position? i'm assuming mouse coordinates...

Is your Global("SpawnI", "GLOBAL", 0) really 0 or something from a previous save?

the name inside the createcreature function needs to be the same as the cre file, correct

Yes

i'm assuming mouse coordinates...

The ones you get when you use x in the game on your cursor.

Is your creature an invisible creature after all?

No joke - if you made the cre as a copy of an existing one, did you remove original scripts or such (some creatures have code in their class script or race script to make them leave under certain conditions, or random walk....etc)?

Otherwise it might be tutu special, and sorry but I cannot help you with tuta particularities.

If you are using Tutu and patching AR2300.BCS, the area file AR2300.ARE might not actually be set to use the AR2300.BCS script.

See here: there is a script "bgee_area_script_assign.tph" that patches all of the Tutu area files so they use the BCS script file that matches the area file name. You could try taking that file and INCLUDE it in your mod:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN 
    INCLUDE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/libs/bgee_area_script_assign.tph~ // assuming you put the tph file in a libs subfolder in your mod directory
END

Consider taking the rest of the cpmvars libs there and INCLUDE them all too; each one checks the game type, so only one will actually take effect. They set a bunch of variables that you can use to refer to areas by descriptive name instead of by platform-specific filename, like %FriendlyArmInn% instead of AR2300.

Well it would be FW, not AR correct? That is what shows up when I hit CTRL-X on the console and is also what is claimed on the interwebs to be the BGTutu area names, and the names on that script are AR.

I tried changing it to Peldvale to see if any changes occurred there, and so far, can't get her to appear.

Solved! I see area FW2300 doesn't use FW2300 as a script name, but _AR2300.

I didn't realize you could do that in NearInfinity (my only expierience with it is the required CRE file changes). Good to know.

You guys have been very helpful, now the spawn is working correctly and so far everything is going as planned. :)

Archived