Roxanne is still welcome as Roxanne to G3. She is not banned or anything.

I know and I didn't mean to imply that she should be or anything.

We'll just be diligent about letting newcomers to the thread know that they may find faster help at the support link in the OP rather than here.

Right, which was the point of my initial post. The opening post really doesn't convey that an answer from Roxanne can not be expected any time soon. Thus, a disclaimer of some sort might be warranted.

Edited by Ulb

Hi, i dont know where to ask, so I try it here. Im using this tool to install EET, but in stratagems installation i got this error:

ERROR: Failure("resource [sPWI435Z.SPL] not found for 'COPY'")

How can I fix this since this spell is not even present and I cant find that anywhere? I also attach both weidu logs. Thanks for helping me :)

//note: I also received error that IWD spells from stratagems was not installed due to similar component already installed from IWDfication

WeiDU.log

WeiDU-BGEE.log

Edited by konva

You might try the SCSs sub form here on the board or you might try Roxanne's personal forum (there is a link in the first post).

Have you recently updated to 2.5 via GoG? I've heard the patch over there is actually missing some files. In that cae, doing a complete re-install (with the full installers instead of the update patches) might solve your problem.

Hi, i dont know where to ask, so I try it here. Im using this tool to install EET, but in stratagems installation i got this error:

ERROR: Failure("resource [sPWI435Z.SPL] not found for 'COPY'")

How can I fix this since this spell is not even present and I cant find that anywhere? I also attach both weidu logs. Thanks for helping me :)

//note: I also received error that IWD spells from stratagems was not installed due to similar component already installed from IWDfication

SCS just recently got updated and the setup tool uses the new Release Candidate version to help with testing. Part of the update is that SCS now has its own component to add IWD arcane and divine spells into the game, so you should not use both SCS and IWDification components that add spells. If you want to use IWDification still, you should remove the components that add spells into the game (although last time I did this it wanted me to remove the IWDification mod altogether before continuing in the tool).

Honestly it's probably a good idea to just wait for a few weeks while bugs get ironed out in the new SCS unless you want to help with testing, or skip that mod entirely if you want to start a relatively bug-free play through right now. As someone said earlier, the SCS sub form is a better place to report your issue so it can get fixed.

Edited by KronoKinesis

Honestly it's probably a good idea to just wait for a few weeks while bugs get ironed out in the new SCS unless you want to help with testing, or skip that mod entirely if you want to start a relatively bug-free play through right now. As someone said earlier, the SCS sub form is a better place to report your issue so it can get fixed.

This. The whole point of doing a release candidate is to iron out bugs. It is extremely foolish for anyone to build a tool that auto-includes unstable release candidates; I don’t know how that ever seemed a good idea. Use SCS v31 if you want a stable install, or else wait for a full v32 release, probably in a week or two.

Roxanne does that for just about everything. It's easy to navigate for the most part and it's one of the reasons I enjoy using the tool. I prefer to have the install tool use the newer version even if it is a release candidate so that I can find what it working for the install that I want. I know that isn't always what people like, but it's preferred for me.

I'm not Roxanne but I talking with her by email, she helps me a lot to debug (got some problem with her Sword of Chaos Mod and with Reign Of Terror Mod in early bg2)

I don't think its a bad idea in this EET tool to includes Release Candidate... it enlarges the "testing" team therefore modders can have maximum chance of having feedback as long as she takes care of it.

And really every time I write an email to her I got an answer maximum 1h later.

Since I have a developer background she even explain me what to modifiy with NearInfinity to workaround my RoT bugs.

To sum up I'm really ok with including RC into the tool so it helps the community in the long run.

"I'm Not Roxanne" haha

Hey DavidW. I wouldn't worry about that. If you asked her she would stop, I'm not sure how much she comes her at all (though I know she does occasionally). However, each time someone has asked on her forum to have it removed she has done so. If you're worried about it, ask. She has been accommodating with requests.

She may just see this as the "best" version. Even if it's not quite there yet.