Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

hmm... don't wanna spoil the fun or sound like a malcontent or smtg but its look like a single player game with a monthly fee. basically a single player game. not a word about new fp, operations, warzones ... not even a single word!

in my opinion what this game really needs, I mean desperately NEEDS is a new class. A brand new class!

and I wasn't really impressed by the movie. ekhem...who tha fcuk is that bearded Valkorian retard? he just stands there reeking of Warhammer400000000 bullcrap and he's eeee... immortal. yes, it's entirely my fault that I'm not 12 years old anymore I know....sigh.....and I know it's only a movie but my question is "is he a brand new operation boss?" if the answer is yes I don't mind Warhammering my star wars universe but if the answer is no then no thx but no thx.

also my vanguard tank (with her face covered fully by helmet) has like 350% more personality than these two twins in the movie.

They were asked - no, begged! - for some "more story" since launch. Same with new companions and ability to do something with the old one (SWs and BHs dreamed about that posibility!). My personal dream is to see all these stories taken out of MMO, shaped and sold as a single. But it's never going to happen, it's MMO and will remain as one. FPs, OPs, all kind of PvPs activities is still there, and it was the only (ok, mostly everything) that was added last yeas. There are more then enough large group entertaining activities (hell, I was in beta and still have not seen all of them, and believe me, I am not the only slowpoke out there).

I'd say it's time to continue class story. Even if it's more Makeb style - one for all but more flexible (guess, it's impossible to introduce new class story from the start, hence - no new classes).

Who knows, may be another addon will be about new sub-class - that has to be possible.

Yes. I think that in this game there's some kind of a separation, a schism between single player (or PvE) and mmorpg (PvP). Whats good for PvE (in terms of balance for example) is bad for PvP and vice versa. and there are so many different players with different tastes and expectations enjoying different things. many players enjoy story and companions and are not into pvp that much or at all. many players enjoy fp, operations, pvp and don't really care about story and/or companions and many players plays pvp only. So, everybody can find something (s)he likes and enjoy the game but it doesn't change the fact Swtor is a mmrpg game with mmrpg mechanic and not a single player game.

My point is that new content and I mean really NEW content is impossible without introducing a brand new class to the game. In my opinion you can't really revitalize the mmrpg game by expanding story mode only. it is a dead end.

And my point is, they added tons of pure MMO content in the past up to that expansion. ONLY MMO content. Yet, the game has an aspect that thousands of people appreciate but get nothing new for years. Finally they remembered about them and throw a bone in this direction too. They did not remove all previous pure MMO additions. The game is no less MMO then it was before expansion. All they did is remember about another aspect of the game.

And it's not like that aspect catered exclusively to single players. You can get lvl 60 character (and dive into high OP's and PvP) right from the start - there, high-end MMO for you. Raising levels without any new class addition is totally common MMO feature as well - LA2, WoW, GW2 - aren't they MMO in your lists?

As BW said themselves:

"We can look at this stuff and say, 'look, if you want to go and play the standard MMO game — PvP, doing a flashpoint, operation raiding — we have that. We've always had that. We continue to expand on that. But we also heard, loud and clear, this scream for story, for personal custom story.'"

​P.S. It probably came out a bit hush, did not mean to. It's just not the first time I see reaction "that expansion kills MMO part of SWTOR" while all it does is adding continuation of class story - something that was already there and does not change anything game-wise.

Some more news from the developers:

- they are excited about some upcoming operation stuff, and they will talk more in the blog in the upcoming weeks;

- they will also talk about companions and crew skills, but closer to the KotFE launch;

- all your stuff will remain with you(strongholds, gear, and so on); you'll also be able to visit old planets after you start the expansion;

- there's talk(not definite yet) about allowing two more character slots for subscribers;

- every subscriber will get an opportunity to create one level 60 character for free, the next ones will be through the Cartel Market.

"We can look at this stuff and say, 'look, if you want to go and play the standard MMO game — PvP, doing a flashpoint, operation raiding — we have that. We've always had that. We continue to expand on that. But we also heard, loud and clear, this scream for story, for personal custom story.'"

​P.S. It probably came out a bit hush, did not mean to. It's just not the first time I see reaction "that expansion kills MMO part of SWTOR" while all it does is adding continuation of class story - something that was already there and does not change anything game-wise.

"standard MMO game — PvP, doing a flashpoint, operation raiding — we have that"

Yes. but we have nothing new. no new ops, warzones, no new flashpoints even.

"while all it does is adding continuation of class story - something that was already there and does not change anything game-wise. "

yes, that's the problem. they're not changing anything and they're not adding anything game-wise. i don't care about continuation of class story without new ops, warzones etc. maybe this expantions is simply not for me (immortal emperor rip-off from warhammer4000000 - some kind of bad bad joke imo), time will tell I guess.

Knowing previous expantions there should be at least two new ops and two new flashpoints in KofE. When (if?) they'll be released I'm gonna buy it then. Probably. ;]

btw. You actually understand my "english"??? ;]]]]]]]]]]]]

/Bows/

Some more news from the developers:

- they are excited about some upcoming operation stuff, and they will talk more in the blog in the upcoming weeks;

good to know ;]

Okay, this is important news:

Starting this Tuesday(after the servers are up), all server character transfers will be hugely discounted - word is about 90cc, and it will last for weeks.

What does it mean? It means that if you're running out of alts but you don't want to lose your legacy perks, or if you're just tired of your current server, you can just start one new character on your main server, then transfer her to the role-playing server or another server(say, PvP). and get the same legacy there. All strongholds, decorations, perks, Rocket Boost, everything but the contents of the legacy storage. All for 90cc. Cool? I'd say yes.

I'm certainly transferring to ToFN and the Progenitor at least one new alt, so I could have my strongholds and other stuff there, in case I'll want more alts later.

(it's more difficult for the guilds, since guild ships do not transfer, but I earned 10 mil over this weekend by basically standing in front of GTN, so I don't think 50 mil is a huge thing for a guild anymore .EDIT: conquest encryptions are, though, yeah: our ship is 15/15, and I'd hate to lose it. But it's not impossible, either. Here the list of these things is detailed for those who want to change servers for good:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3aqta1/this_is_what_you_would_lose_if_you_try_to/ ).

Archived