Feeling dorky tonight

Magus

Also, where's my monk, sorceror, snd barbarian stronghold?

Temple district, Planar Sphere and de'Arnise Keep, I believe.

A real stronghold sir! I want a monastery, Sorceror tower in fey lands, and a cold snowy barbarian camp!

Yeah, those would be awesome, though a lot of work to implement.

@Bill Bisco don't those mods have active authors? Have you tried contacting them about that?

Saerileth's authors have retired. Zyraen hasn't posted in a year. Gen1e might be open (or not). He hasn't posted in some months. These changes might be considered as against designer intent. Regardless though, they would definitely make me happy!

Another change I would like: Immunity to wing buffeting!

I absolutely hate this non-PNP garbage that does nothing but irritate me in dragon battles. I don't care whether this is just a bonus flat-out immunity or its granted by spells or items. Dragons have no basis knocking me across kingdom come like that!

I absolutely hate this non-PNP garbage that does nothing but irritate me in dragon battles. I don't care whether this is just a bonus flat-out immunity or its granted by spells or items. Dragons have no basis knocking me across kingdom come like that!

There already is the opcode 101, set the parameter 2 to be 235.. but how would you like it to be applied ?

Have you seen how large the dragon is ? It's not in PnP cause of movement system.

A real stronghold sir! I want a monastery, Sorceror tower in fey lands, and a cold snowy barbarian camp!

Oh, I could do those. Too bad I'm not an area artist - we'd need actual monastery/tower/snowy camp for these. :)

Oh, I could do those. Too bad I'm not an area artist ...

Nope. You just need to reuse the assets already in the games. BG1 has the Durlag's tower, and the Ramazith tower if you wish to have a smaller space. The Icewind Dale has a Tower(Severed Hand), a Monastery (Dragon's Eye level 4...for snake worshipers) and a proper Barbarian Camp or two(IWD:HOW).

Those require full transfer with light maps and all, right? Then again, light maps and walking maps are _already in the game_. Worldmap might be a concern, but... hmm. Sounds like an idea indeed. :)

There already is the opcode 101, set the parameter 2 to be 235.. but how would you like it to be applied ?

Have you seen how large the dragon is ? It's not in PnP cause of movement system.

Yes, the Dragon is big, but that doesn't mean my character is a shufflboard who can just slide 100 feet away. The easiest quick and dirty way to do it would be to patch character and summons to make them immune. in my ideal, the dragons would cease to use it altogether, but that's a scripting issue which could be harder. Implementing a new item such as potion of bull's resistance could grant the immunity as well. It would need to be patched to be sold in appropriate item shops.

Doesn't IR (or some other mod) already have an item or spell that makes you immune to wing buffets?

Yes, IR's Dragonscale Shield grants this immunity. There are probably some item/kit mods which implement this immunity (mayb Six's Kitpack).

Doesn't IR (or some other mod) already have an item or spell that makes you immune to wing buffets?

Yes, IR's Dragonscale Shield grants this immunity. There are probably some item/kit mods which implement this immunity (mayb Six's Kitpack).
I don't see anything at http://mods.pocketplane.net/six/readme/README.htm that indicates immunity.

I don't know about this shield you speak of, but I'd like something readily available before Dragon fights usable for all party members. I do not want to ever deal with wing buffets again.

Archived