Feeling dorky tonight

Magus

1) Download Item Revisions from here at G3

2) Check the Dragon Scale Shield, find the effect that gives buffet immunity (I imagine it's a simple "protection from opcode X" but who knows... in any event Demi has tested IR extensively so taking the effect(s) from that shield will be a pretty sure-fire way to make this work)

3) Make a custom spell, paste the above effect into it. Timing mode 9, no dispel/bypass resistance, target = living actor/self

4) AP_xxxx your spell to the first column of every CLABxx.2da file in your game.

5) Profit.

1) Download Item Revisions from here at G3

2) Check the Dragon Scale Shield, find the effect that gives buffet immunity (I imagine it's a simple "protection from opcode X" but who knows... in any event Demi has tested IR extensively so taking the effect(s) from that shield will be a pretty sure-fire way to make this work)

3) Make a custom spell, paste the above effect into it. Timing mode 9, no dispel/bypass resistance, target = living actor/self

4) AP_xxxx your spell to the first column of every CLABxx.2da file in your game.

5) Profit.

Great. I'll patiently wait while you make that mod ^_^

One more thing that I'd like: Travelling back to BG1 from BG2 and bsck to BG2 from TOB. I don't care if the dialog won't be updated from previous events. And yes there was a thread about this somewhere, but it never got completed. A simple hack to prevent areas from being inaccessible would be marvellous.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after, but I've always wished you could convince Valygar to meet you at the Planar Sphere and open it for you, without having him join your party.

In the same vein, being able to investigate Saerk without Anomen, and getting the later Harper quests without Jaheira. Basically detaching the quests from their dependent NPCs.

@Simon280586, @Fiann of the Silver Hand, sorry, not quite what I have in mind. I don't see any problem recruigin an NPC.

@Bill Bisco it might be worth it (extending the Teleport spell, for example), but I'm not sure. What would people do in the old areas?

Here's one I thought of but don't have time to do: allow multi/dual-class characters to take kits.

1) Apply a spell at 1st level that uses .eff effects to check whether the character has 2 classes; it will trigger an invisible .cre and start a dialogue that gives you a choice of kits relevant to your two classes, and uses the AddKit script to gve you the chosen kit.

2) Rebalance the various kit bonuses and abilities to use .eff effects to reflect the underlying classes. For instance, a swashbuckler gets AC and thac0 bonuses; but a swash/cleric could get AC and save bonuse; and a swash/mage could get AC and casting speed bonuses. An assassin would get poison; an assassin/mage might get a casting failure effect ("magic poison"); an assassin/fighter might get a knockout effect. Bounty hunters could get different kinds of traps. Et cetera.

You'd want to balance carefully, and the bonuses for single-classes should be more powerful, so they aren't rendered irrelevant.

Here's one I thought of but don't have time to do: allow multi/dual-class characters to take kits.

:uu:

Start a BGT game, make a char of your choise(without the kit), export the char.

Install Level 1 NPCs, yes it has the option also to edit the exported char, so install just that one component... See: Magic + Profit.

Why, because most of the effects that make the kit are on level 1, not at two. Yeah, adding the kit at level 1 makes it wrong, because you loose the benefits of level 1.

I'm pretty sure the AddKit script action applies all 1st-level kit effects just fine.

It doesn't. As it doesn't apply the past effects to the character, as those are gained during the character levels up. Assign the kit at level 5 and you have the 5 first levels to readd, do it at level 31 and it has no real effects, as every effect has already been passed.

Or you have to script it in, aka do it like hte SCS does with the Weapon proficiency component, aka drop the characters level to zero while keeping it alive and then let it level up.

Which is why the Level1NPCs is the best used for this all.

Shadowkeepering means you have to create the kit on a char and then use that as the reference. It gets complicated especially on multi class when you don't start at level 1(aka BG2 start).

But back to the topic of things to mod. The idea is here. Make the Minsc+Dynaheir vs Edwin fight into an encounter in BG1 and bring the result to BG2. Yep, it's a BGT-weidu and EET mod.

I'm not sure you're right about AddKit.

Which is why the Level1NPCs is the best used for this all.

Still really, really not, because the *entire point* of that idea is to choose a kit in-game, and L1NPCs very much cannot let you do that. Again, the point is to let players do what current tools/mods do not allow for.

Easy enough to add level 1 bonuses etc. as part of the script...

I think messing with kits is to much legwork for little gain.

On the other hand, I do have something like "Consistent NPC continuity" in mind. Basiacally, removing all NPCs who died in BG1 from BG2. Because "I thought you were dead?" talks get a little annoying. That would possibly mean missing the harpers plot. For thieves, Edwin can be replaced with another mage. Not sure what could be done about Qualey. And Imoen is untouchable in any case, of course.

Archived