How to Create a Simple Weidu Mod to Compile One Dialog

Bill Bisco

Thank you so much! That ++ + format is not found at: http://www.weidu.org...l#EXTEND_BOTTOM

Also, is there a reason why in this first example you used ++ and in the previous example you gave, you only used +

Scroll down the page a little way, and you'll see a section discussing "transition" format. It shows the long version and explains it bit by bit, then shows the streamlined version for dialogue replies. (It also helps to look at existing mods to see how they were coded.)

And yes, what Gwendolyne said. Remember the tildes.

Thank you very much Gwendolyne, Thimblerig, and jastey; I am feeling much more empowered.

I have another question. How do you create new Global variables? Can I create them within a .D file or do I have to announce them somewhere else? How do global variables relate to game speed? Is there something I can do to remove variables when they are no longer needed?

To set a global variable, you can do this in a dialogue (as a transaction) or in a script by

SetGlobal("]XXXXX_YourVariableName","GLOBAL",xy)

With XXXXX: Your personal modding prefix - if you haven't it yet, go register yours at BWL (sorry, I am too lazy to search for the link).

xy is the value you want to set the variable to.

To "remove" it, you can set it to "0". I don't think variables influence game speed at all? It's huge scripts with a lot of script blocks the engine has to check every round, as well as a huge amount of files in teh override the game has to consider that slows down game speed, but I wouldn't know that a huge numbers of variables has a significant influence on it - but I might be wrong.

Archived