v5 report thread

Raj

Nothing major, just my notes.

The warden in the planar prison gets his weapon ( the drinker ) randomized but no replacement to fight with if no other weapon is assigned ( this time he had the saving grace shield and a ring ); shame, he was hitting for 1-2 dmg while under timestop and improved haste, could have been waaaay harder :blush:

Items I think could use some randomization ( incomplete ):

Rod of resurrection - Mekrath.

Amulet of magic resistance - Unseeying Eye.

Cloak of the Shield - Bounty Hunter yuan-ti mage in the Planar Prison.

Staff of Air - Master of Thralls

Arbane's Sword - Suna Seni

The warden in the planar prison gets his weapon ( the drinker ) randomized but no replacement to fight with if no other weapon is assigned ( this time he had the saving grace shield and a ring ); shame, he was hitting for 1-2 dmg while under timestop and improved haste, could have been waaaay harder :blush:

Oops. He does not have the sword equipped in the vanilla game, which is probably why I failed to provide him with a replacement weapon. Will fix.

Rod of resurrection - Mekrath.

Amulet of magic resistance - Unseeying Eye.

Cloak of the Shield - Bounty Hunter yuan-ti mage in the Planar Prison.

Staff of Air - Master of Thralls

Arbane's Sword - Suna Seni

The Master of Thralls implicitly uses the staff against the party, but I'll see what I can do about the rest.

Ah right he summons those elementals, nvm about that

About the cloak of the shield, there's another one availabe to players if they side with Firkraag and kill Garren, or lootable from Firkraag corpse as well, could use some randomization.

More amulets:

Shield Amulet - D'Arnise keep, cellars

Necklace of Form Stability - a chest near Mekrath bedroom

Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance - drow merchants

randomize with weidu, no items are lost -> I found two Mielikki's Gift leathers, one at Trademeet merchant and one as standard reward from Minister Loyd; this item shoudn't be randomized if you ask me ( makes sense rp-wise )

randomize with weidu, no items are lost -> I found two Mielikki's Gift leathers, one at Trademeet merchant and one as standard reward from Minister Loyd

*sigh* Bug fixes that cause new bugs are the worst.

Unfortunately you can also expect to find a duplicated Dusty Rose Ioun Stone, a second Skullcrusher, another Shield of Harmony and another Bone Club vs Undead. Additionally, each duplicated item corresponds to one lost item, of tier 4, 2, 5, 4 and 3, respectively. If you upload the randomiser debug file somewhere (e.g. here) I can tell you which items were lost. Or I can tell you how to obtain the information on your own.

I'll update the hotfix and submit v6 to G3 as soon as I can think of a bug-free fix for the original issue.

this item shoudn't be randomized if you ask me ( makes sense rp-wise )

That's Item Revisions. The vanilla item is called The Night's Gift and has a backstory about being blessed by Shar and only being worn by the greatest of thieves (which makes you wonder just how much of a ranger Lloyd's forebear actually was).

I take I'll get those duplicates as standard rewards? I think I had a shield of harmony from the Trademeet guildmistress ( original location ) even if I choosed not to install the 'randomly not randomize items' component.

Or I can tell you how to obtain the information on your own

Please. That uploader hates me somehow :blush:

Upon completing the Planar Sphere quest, after Lavok dies outside I come back into the sphere and the Solamnic Knights have nothing to say about going back home. They have their standard banters about their homeplane and the hints about the hostile halflings.

I'm running a multi fighter/mage who already accepted to run Nalia's keep and I have no multi-stronghold component installed fwiw.

Upon completing the Planar Sphere quest, after Lavok dies outside I come back into the sphere and the Solamnic Knights have nothing to say about going back home. They have their standard banters about their homeplane and the hints about the hostile halflings.

I'm running a multi fighter/mage who already accepted to run Nalia's keep and I have no multi-stronghold component installed fwiw.

Isn't it Quest Pack which makes these guys go home?

Cheers

I take I'll get those duplicates as standard rewards? I think I had a shield of harmony from the Trademeet guildmistress ( original location ) even if I choosed not to install the 'randomly not randomize items' component.

Yeah. Basically what happens is that Item Randomiser fails to replace the old GiveItem with its new GiveItem, which means you'll get the old item instead of the new item you were supposed to get. But since the old item is also randomised you'll find it somewhere else as well.

Or I can tell you how to obtain the information on your own

Please. That uploader hates me somehow :blush:

I may have been a bit hasty when I said that. Long story short: if you can upload the file anywhere, or email it to me, that would be preferable (in the "more reliable" sense).

Yeah, that would do it. Thanks, will fix.

If you don't mind getting the mage stronghold (you can always not do the quests) you can set the global variable PCSphere to 1.

If you don't mind getting the mage stronghold (you can always not do the quests) you can set the global variable PCSphere to 1.

I did so but Ribald has no new dialogue options ( in order to hire Paac )

That's odd. Didn't Teos appear? He should have, since you're on the vanilla track (and Item Randomiser shouldn't affect that).

Setting the global variable SolamnicKnights to 1 should open up Ribald's dialogue.

Yup I met Teos, and told the apprentices to do whatever they wish, I coudn't care about teach them. They're proly going to explode :blush:

Anyway no big, I checked Paac and I should have get a lame blade of roses as reward, at chap3 end I can live without it, was just curious.

That, and when I realized I had no hints about how to send those knights back to their plane I had my CN protagonist kill them :laugh:

Having to resurrect one of them just to bug check made me feel very OOC so now I'm back rp

Btw, in my games I change the rod of wonder* into a wand of spellstriking; with IR it has been randomized, and when I found it there were 50(breach)/0(pierce magic)/0 charges; not IR fault obviously, I'd just like to know how to have randomized gear with the proper charges ( e.g. 10/10/0 )

*If only it was truly random, instead of a cheap 15% no-save flesh to stone

Btw, in my games I change the rod of wonder* into a wand of spellstriking; with IR it has been randomized, and when I found it there were 50(breach)/0(pierce magic)/0 charges; not IR fault obviously, I'd just like to know how to have randomized gear with the proper charges ( e.g. 10/10/0 )

This is not entirely straightforward. In the case of the Wand of Wonder the charges are read from the area file (ar0711.are). For items in .are, .cre and .sto files the charges are given in the source file. Consequently you would alter the charges by editing the area file (or whatever). But it is possible to manually override the charges carried by Item Randomiser to some extent, though you probably want to be at least a little familiar with tp2 coding before you do that.

Eh, guess I might just change it to a wand of cloudkill or something else ( this time I just SD-ed it, but every time I edit the game it becomes less fun )

Anyway, my hardcore character died like a moron in the Asylum so I'm going to start a new game. Shall I just use the hotfix, or anything cool planned for the v6?

Shall I just use the hotfix, or anything cool planned for the v6?

Unless something else comes up the current hotfix should be equivalent to v6*, except v6 will include a custom inventory icon for the Kangaxx component ward stones.

Sorry to hear about your character, but that's what make no-reloads interesting, right? :blush:

*Edit: Actually, I think I should try to implement that reinstall-without-rerandomisation option.

Archived