Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Hi! I recently have translated this mod to spanish. Maybe in the next update you could put this.

Geomantic Sorcerer Spanish translation

Thanks for your attention.

EDIT: Three more things, this time to report.

The spell "Summon Shambler" doesn't work. The player cast it but any creature appears. Doesn't work either vanilla game and even with BG2 Fixpack.

The description says that NG, LN, N, CN and CE can becomes Geomantic, but if I use the Geomantic tome to become one with a NG/LN/CN/CE sorcerer doesn't work; only with a True Neutral sorcerer. I don't test it with ataqaah dialogue, so it should be a book bug.

One of the abilities of the Orb of Pure Energy, the Energy Shockwave, has a graphical glicht in his animation. When the Orb cast it, at the end of the yellow circle animation appears a part of the menu, altough during a brief second. I don't know if this is an animation error or is another thing, but only appears with this ability.

Edited by Ghildrean

Thanks for the translation files. I'll include them with the next version.

With respect to the CA#AGEO.itm and its flakiness in applying the kit, I've run into that as well. Attempting to apply the kit to a NG sorcerer with the correct pre-reqs did nothing. So I CLUA'd in a new one and tried again and it worked. I'll see if I can figure out why it's being flaky, but the next release should have a method for adding the kit in TuTu, so the need for it will be lessened.

The Summon Shambler issue is one that I haven't been able to reproduce with the same mod set up as you've reported (vanilla game + geomantic sorcerer kit, and vanilla game + BG2Fixpack v6 + geomantic sorcerer kit). I'm not really sure to go to from here on finding the cause. Do you have any issue with the Rogue Rebalancing's summon shambler item ability on one of the new bucklers in that mod? The summon shambler ability is copied from there with new filenames, but something may have been garbled in the transition that I missed in my testing.

I'll investigate the Energy Shockwave graphical glitch issue when I can get to it. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be a crash causing bug. I'll note that I didn't run into this when testing so it could be specific to your install/video card set up.

Guest Guest

one of the quintessence magic feat thingys stop summon shambler working (at least in my game). it may be the one that makes spell durations double, but not sure. shambler works fine before all hlas are aquired. i clua'd myself a load of XP (lv 40) to test out the kit, and summon shambler doesnt even have the 'nature summons' animation, just the cast spell sounds etc.

If a GS gets Mazed, he'll lose his 25% XP penalty, which gets reinstated when Maze ends. However, you can level up when Mazed, thus cheating your way out of the XP penalty.

Proposed quick solution: make the GS kit have immunity to Maze.

one of the quintessence magic feat thingys stop summon shambler working (at least in my game). it may be the one that makes spell durations double, but not sure.
Speaking of it, how does this feature work? Have you used "Spell Effect: Duration Modifier [99]" to double spells' duration? If so I've tested this effect some time ago and unfortunately I don't think it's reliabe at all.

Yeah, I tried a few spells out but its becoming more obvious that the effect is extremely flakey Given the issues, the next version will probably have something slightly different in that HLA slot.

@the_bigg: Thats messed up. I guess its just another quirk of the engine. Could it have something to do with timing methods on the xp penalty effect? I'll see if I can poke around a little with the timing to see if I can get it to behave before giving Maze immunity to the kit.

@the_bigg: Thats messed up. I guess its just another quirk of the engine. Could it have something to do with timing methods on the xp penalty effect? I'll see if I can poke around a little with the timing to see if I can get it to behave before giving Maze immunity to the kit.

Dunno. Keep in mind that a number of effects is unapplied during Maze (you lose your state icons and your weapon proficiencies, for example), so it's possible that there's no timing mode that will keep it. If not, retcon something about Minotaur ancestry in the kit description :D

Edited by the bigg
one of the quintessence magic feat thingys stop summon shambler working (at least in my game). it may be the one that makes spell durations double, but not sure.
Speaking of it, how does this feature work? Have you used "Spell Effect: Duration Modifier [99]" to double spells' duration? If so I've tested this effect some time ago and unfortunately I don't think it's reliabe at all.

I've been fiddling with this opcode for the Magistrati kit HLA. It's not exactly flaky, it just doesn't quite do all the things one would hope... It only affects timing mode 0 effects. Additionally it doesn't affect any spells that have their duration set by the projectile. This means that a few issues come up with spells that have effects that don't use timing mode 0 (essentially all buff spells have a sound that plays when they are ended that is set as using a different timing mode, this means that if you double the spell duration the sound telling the player it's ended plays when the spell is only half through its duration). As far as I know the opcode has only two effects; it either modifies the duration of the effect as expected or it does nothing at all.

-Starcrunch

Guest Guest

Another thing, even if i finish casting Torrential Cacophony, i will still be rooted to the spot. Using a teleporting spell like Earthly Planeswalking overcomes that though.

Guest Guest

Hello

Every time I complete the Planar Sphere quest, Lavok does not recognize me as a Sorcerer. So I do not get the Planar Sphere as my Stronghold.

I did install the PSM 2.6c as well. But with normal Sorcere or Mage it works.

Thank you for your help.