Player inititated Dialogues in ToB?

For some reason, I cannot initiate dialogue with Kivan. I just started ToB, and dismissed it as I was still in the grove of the Ancients. Now in the Pocket Plane, it still says "Kivan has nothing to say to you" in red.

Are the player initiated dialogues start later when I leave the pocket plane?

I would check myself, but it is late and I can't. Also, I had experienced trouble with the Xan romance mod some time ago where it didn't trigger in ToB, so I am wary of those kinds of things these days.

- :):D;):D;):D:D

PID gots activated after Kivan has his first dialogue with you. It should happen about 15 minutes in the game. Just check the KivanRomanceInactive (should be 0), KivanRomanceActive, should be 1 or 2.

We used to have problems with one of the versions when ToB was not installing properly, but that was fixed. Did Kivan say anything so far (ie interjected, talked to other NPCs?)

Guest Guest
PID gots activated after Kivan has his first dialogue with you. It should happen about 15 minutes in the game. Just check the KivanRomanceInactive (should be 0), KivanRomanceActive, should be 1 or 2.

We used to have problems with one of the versions when ToB was not installing properly, but that was fixed. Did Kivan say anything so far (ie interjected, talked to other NPCs?)

Hello, Domi

I'm having the same problem. All the ToB content is installed properly, I had three Kivan-initiated dialogues already, but not the PID ones.

I can live without them, if you're too busy right now. I'm in love with the mod anyway :(

Apologies for not registering, but I have too much forum accounts as it is ;)

Ookay, what happened is that I shut down the flirting after a particular number of repetitions in SoA, and forgot to enable it in ToB. Just set the "P#DisableKivanFlirts","GLOBAL" to 0 and it will work. :( I'll fix it for V8.

Hello, I believe I am having this problem, Kivan has not said anything even after an hour or so in ToB. I'm a little confused by this "KivanRomanceActive" stuff and so on. How do I check for them?

Also, the Jaheira romance kicked in, which shouldn't have happened since my character is female and is supposed to be romancing Kivan.

Oddly enough, that can happen in an unmodified game. I don't bother with any of the romance cheats because the only BioWare romance I find worthwhile is Anomen's, and the idea of him calling my male character "my lady" never really appealed, but I've had Jaheira suddenly become amorous in both SoA and ToB. I guess she just doesn't know how to say no.

You can fix that by typing the following into the CLUA console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

Hmm, unintentional romances have never happened to me before, I've played SoA 8 times and ToB once before this. :) I checked the Kivan variables, KivanLove is 23 and RomanceActive is 1. I can't seem to bring up the RomanceInactive though, says it doesn't exist. Is there anything else I'm missing?

You are romancing Kivan, but something prevents you from advancing to KRA=2

Please, use Clua Console (or SHadowKeeper) to check the following Globals:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("GlobalName","GLOBAL")

See that the following Globals are there:

"P#KivanRomanceComplete","GLOBAL" should be 1

none of the:

"AnomenRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"J#KelseyRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"TsujathaRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"ChloeRomanceActiveCR","GLOBAL"

"H#ValygarRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

"O#XanRomanceActive","GLOBAL"

Should be equal 2, and your Solaufein's talks should not be greater than 13 ("SolaTalk","GLOBAL")

(and yes, I know, I need to add Sarah)

If you never had any of those characters in the party, it should be Okay. Anomen's probably the most likely candidate because ToB has an annoying habit of setting his RA to 2 authomatically.

If any of the Globals is wrong, and you want to romance Kivan, please, use the command Berelinde's indicated to set Kiv's RomanceComplete to 1, and any other Globals that are at "2" to "3".

If you don't want to romance Kivan, then set P#KivanRomanceInactive to 1.

Hope that helps!

Also, the Jaheira romance kicked in, which shouldn't have happened since my character is female and is supposed to be romancing Kivan.

Oddly enough, that can happen in an unmodified game. I don't bother with any of the romance cheats because the only BioWare romance I find worthwhile is Anomen's, and the idea of him calling my male character "my lady" never really appealed, but I've had Jaheira suddenly become amorous in both SoA and ToB. I guess she just doesn't know how to say no.

You can fix that by typing the following into the CLUA console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

The very first time I did TOB I had the 'Jaheira romances my female pc' bug happen.(I was confused at first as I just thought she was being a bit friendlier than usual. :) ) I also had it happen again recently. It's just one of those things.

I have the same problem. All the variables seem to be fine, Kivan said something when I was talking with Sarevok and Melissana, but haven't initiated any dialogue yet... It's been over one day (in-game), will he ever talk? :suspect:

Guest Abi again

Just a minute ago he did initiate a talk, but it was a friendly one ("~Prophets, portents, dreams that are not dreams.... How do you endure it, <CHARNAME>?~") and I still can't initiate a dialogue. Is it normal or something's wrong?

Do you want to send me a save, so I can take a quick look at the Globals and see where you are at?

I've started TOB again (from SOA final save) and everything's fine now. There were some other weird things happening before, unconnected with the mod, so maybe it was just a game crashing :suspect:

Going back to enjoying this great romance now :blush:

Archived