Item Randomiser BG:EE, Wands for everyone

thexsa

Hi,

I am currently playing a BG:EE playthrough with a couple of mods, and I havn't run into any greater troubles yet. Only some weird things, that I assume this mod is the cause of. I seem to be getting way more Wands than I have ever seen before, and I have been playing multiple playthroughs with this mod in regular BG2 and BGT. However, in this BG:EE playthrough I have probably gotten roughly 8 Wand of Fears, 10 Wand of Heavens, 10 Monster Summoning, and about 5 of each Missile, Frost and Fire.

Two of the most weird things I experienced was that Daevrons chest contained 3 Wand of Heaven, along with other stuff, and the tomb which normally have the Tome of Strength had 3 Wand of Fear, and nothing more.

Is this just purely coincidental due to loot generation, or is there somehow I can check if something is actually wrong?

Mods in installorder:

BG2Tweaks;

SCS2;

Rogue Rebalancing;

Item Randomiser;

Mode 2, No loot lost, Remove Prot. from Undead, 10% chance of do not randomise.

Might be worth noting that roughly an hour into the playthrough, I removed some components from SCS that edited items, because it messed with item descriptions for BG:EE, notably the stuff that allows you to use thievery and arcane spells with armour. I suppose that would've reinstalled the Item randomiser, though it shouldn't have an effect on an already on going savegame, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, very OT: What in the nine hells are Neera's random one-liners about when you encounter Baeloth in Larswood?

Might be worth noting that roughly an hour into the playthrough, I removed some components from SCS that edited items, because it messed with item descriptions for BG:EE, notably the stuff that allows you to use thievery and arcane spells with armour. I suppose that would've reinstalled the Item randomiser, though it shouldn't have an effect on an already on going savegame, if I'm not mistaken.

Depending on what exactly you uninstalled and how far into the game you got, you may have invalidated your saves.

However, if you upload the files fl#randomseed.2da, fl#randoptions.2da and fl#removeditems.2da (located in your override folder) and post the contents of your weidu.log file, I'll try to reproduce your problem.

fl#randomseed.2da

fl#randoptions.2da

fl#removeditems.2da

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1036 // Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp -> All of Cloakwood Except the Mines: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2294 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3001 // Higher HP on Level Up -> NWN Style: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3220 // Sensible Entrance Points: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values: v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr): v14

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4110 // Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19: v14

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2110 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Replace BG1-style elemental arrows with BG2 versions: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Replace +1 arrows with nonmagical "fine" ones: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3021 // Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Re-introduce potions of extra-healing: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4051 // Decrease the rate at which reputation improves -> Reputation increases at about 1/2 the normal rate: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4120 // NPCs go to inns: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4130 // Move NPCs to more convenient locations: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4146 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Skip Candlekeep altogether (warning: breaks the 4th wall!): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5050 // Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v28

// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6032 // Smarter Mages -> Mages never cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6041 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly harder carrion crawlers: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Dark Side-based kobold upgrade: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity party: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: v28

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: v28

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.66

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #999 // BG2-style icons for RR content: v4.66

~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Detectable Stats v3.1 (required for BPSeriesScript Component): v0.3103

~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #10 // Innate Spell Fixer: v0.3103

~BPSERIES/SETUP-BPSERIES.TP2~ #0 #100 // BP-Series Party AI for BG:EE,BG2:EE and BG2:ToB: v0.3103

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: proto-7 dev 131118

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #510 // Randomly not randomise items: proto-7 dev 131118

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #10100 // Remove Protection from Undead scrolls from stores -> All scrolls from all stores: proto-7 dev 131118

~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1300 // Randomise items -> Mode 2: Randomise with WeiDU. No items are lost: proto-7 dev 131118

Okay, the problem appears to be that BG: EE increases the number of wands carried by stores by up to an order of magnitude. Future versions of Item Randomiser will likely bring the number of wands back down to sane amounts.
Or you could threat them as a separated tear ?!? And add the same amount to the BG1's stores in the non EE games. After all, no matter how many wands you have, what matters is how you use them as they will be what's called pretty penny... costly and useful yes, but depending on the situation suitable or not.
There may be a similar problem with scrolls? I am getting a ridiculous amount of scrolls, quite often two of the same one, as well as many many wands.
The scrolls might be caused by a different mod, like say the SCS or any other of the encounter mods, especially if they are not random, but specific ones for the creature/encounter.

Off-hand, I don't know if the flag's used. I don't respect it if it is, so it's not a problem (as far as I'm concerned). The changes to the wands are fine too. It's just something I need to account for.

I'll look into if there's any vendor carrying any larger-than-in-BG1 amount of scrolls too.

Looking forward to seeing this work in EE and EE2

The dev version linked to here in the forum is already compatible. But you are right, I should update the main download, as well (I've been meaning to, but things keep getting in the way).

Hi Wisp... It seems a lot of my questions end up coming your way!

Ok so two (or three) questions:

1) Does item randomiser work multi-player? I can easily see it not working! If it does work would you install it on both computers as usual?

2) Has the issue mentioned above (with the very high amount of wands turning up) been changed in the Dev version?

Thanks again :)

james

1) Does item randomiser work multi-player? I can easily see it not working! If it does work would you install it on both computers as usual?

Yes with an if or no with a but. If both games are identical, they can multi-player together. Possibly BGII: EE lifts this restriction, I don't know. You can get Item Randomiser to install identically, or you can install your mods on one game and copy the game to the second computer. To install item Randomiser identically on a second computer, ensure that you have exactly the same mods and components installed on both. Install Item Randomiser on computer A. Copy the three files fl#randomseed.2da, fl#removeditems.2da and fl#randoptions.2da from the override directory of computer A to the override directory of computer B. Install Item Randomiser on computer B and choose to preserve saved-game compatibility (it'll ask during installation).

2) Has the issue mentioned above (with the very high amount of wands turning up) been changed in the Dev version?

Not yet. It did not go into the last update because this change prevents upgrading and I haven't gotten around to doing another update.

Thank you so much! It will be good to play with it - I will see if Matt wants lots of wands, or if we will just wait till we get to BG2 EE.

We might just install some of the non-universal randomisation (like a different tome in durlags tower) using the above fix: and it's excellent you told it to me as I have a steam version and Matt has a Beamdog version - we can't just copy the entire game over! But all our other mod's are synchronised.

Thanks so much (again) you've been really helpful with all you advice (in all the many topics!), and we're looking forward to starting this weekend.