Rastor: So, no chance of you seducing Viccy while you're drunk?

Inara: If you're referring to the lady nightshade MainChar knows, I'd say it's a fair bet I won't try anything while I'm drunk. I don't usually 'seduce' while drunk, anyway. That implies there's thought and suavity involved. *Wink*

Edited by Dancer Fitz

MrEnnigma: Do you think it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

Inara: I think there is no other way to live life. I know of few things that have permanency, or that are forever reliable. But that's the intrigue of this world, and it's annoyance. Life, people, the way of the world changes with time. So it's not that it's better to have loved and lost, as you say... It is how things are. Live and enjoy it or not, I say.

MrEnnigma: If you had the power to banish all pain and darkness in the world would you or do you feel there cannot be joy and light without their counterparts?

Inara: And what shall I banish then? What is this pain and darkness you speak of, specifically? Something abstract, like evil intent? Or perhaps that mind-addling drug, alcohol? I could destroy the grain that creates it, or the people who make and sell it... But that's far too much effort to figure out exactly what deserves my wrath. Find me some specifics on this pain and darkness you speak of, and I'll see if I care for them or not.

MrEnnigma: If you could change a painful moment in your past would you or would you accept its contribution to who you are now?

Inara: I... would welcome an opportunity for second chances, in some instances.

MrEnnigma: Do you express your pain or do you bury it?

Inara: Inara exhales slowly, seeming amused and slightly annoyed at once. Whatever I feel like at the time, I think. So a bit of both.

MrEnnigma: Could you have a good time with someone who doesn't drink? I, myself, prefer this wonderful beverage called java. Supposedly it can cure one under the influence of too much drink though I have yet to verify that quality. Excellent stuff nontheless.

Inara: Of course. I drink only when I'm in the mood for it. It's not the best decision, to be constantly out of sorts in my line of work.

So what is this java? That black concoction with the pleasant aroma? It's been a while since I've had a cup. I recall it not doing much for my head after a night out, but I doubt that's the java's fault more than my own. *Wink* Join me for one.

Edited by Dancer Fitz

Pekka: Have you ever met a strange scarred man who doesn't remember his real name?

Inara: Oh, yes, every now and then. Occasionally the fellows at the taverns get a bit too drunk as to be incoherent, and more than once they've not recalled their names when I asked. Or at least, they weren't right enough in the head to respond. And there are of course the characters who don't care to give up their name to me... Work, you know. As for a scarred someone who truly has no idea of their background... I don't think I've met one.

Pekka: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

(A rather perplexing question I've often struggled with.)

Inara: Inara raises an eyebrow at you and smirks mildly.

You have a keen and insightful mind mi'lady, if I may say so. I'll rephrase my darkness question.

MrEnnigma: You are granted the power to create a utopian muti-verse where there is no pain, no sorrow, and "evil" does not exist. Do you do it or do you feel to truly appreciate and experience the "light" one has to know of (or be known by) the "dark"?

Inara: A utopian... That's an odd question. Inara ponders on it a moment, then grins faintly. No. I don't think I would.

MrEnnigma: Would someone usually call you "cold and detached" or "warm and impassioned"?

Inara: Oh, you see... I think that depends on who you ask and when you ask them. My sister, for example, would call me "annoying." But that is how I prefer it. Inara winks.

Or any other line of work for that matter. Though it does provide excellent tavern amusement.

Java is, indeed, that black concoction (though I prefer a little cream and sugar in mine). I believe it is called "coffee" in the Realms. Perhaps that term is more familiar to you? My apologies if my pain question hit a nerve. Perhaps we can discuss it further over that cup you offered.

Inara: Certainly. I have some extra time to spend. And don't worry, pet. There is no question you could ask that would cause me grief.

Loké: (gives you an innocent look) I was thinking of you using it like a third arm and holding a shield or the like... whatcha think I meant?

Inara: She laughs lightly. I doubt my tail is any good for holding up armor. Now, I'm sure we have more important matters to discuss aside from what my various appendages are capable of.