Crossing the Great Divide

Well you can COMPILE ~mymod/d~ as in a whole folder, but I don't think that will solve the problem. Is it just a WARNING message or an ERROR? You might be able to supress the messages by tweaking MODDER settings. Ultimately, it should compile properly if it depends on something else that gets compiled later.

I just read this tutorial (and the rest of the thread), as this is more or less the last part of my FotD update. Since the Wiki is not currently working, where can I find the most recent list of variables? I do not feel like comparing Tutu and BGT across almost 50k lines of code. :)

Cool. :) I will probably need that, too, although FotD will lose the compatibility with BG after this update.

Its a sad day to see a mod, any mod, lose compatibility with the original game.

Never played it tho. Keep a BG version available in the archives? Someday we'll decide the fixpack is done and then I can play with mods ^^

Its a sad day to see a mod, any mod, lose compatibility with the original game. Never played it tho. Keep a BG version available in the archives? Someday we'll decide the fixpack is done and then I can play with mods ^^

Older versions are not removed from PPG so you can manually change the download URL to whatever version you prefer.

I have been looking at the contents of the lib files and I do not know what everything in there deals with. g3_bgt_cpmvars and g3_tutu_cpmvars seem to cover the basics, and the area variables in them are obvious (and explained in the tutorial anyway). What about the other files? Also, does this cover all the differences between the two platforms? SPLs, CREs and ITMs seem to be missing.

Could be very well that there are things missing. The "rr_" files contain what I needed for BGQE, basically. For dialogue and script: e.g. if you put %UNSOLVED_JOURNAL% into the .d-file where BG1 needs "JOURNAL" and Tutu/BGT "UNSOLVED_JOURNAL" that's what it will be translated to. If you want to add it via "AddJournalEntry" you would write "AddJournalEntry(@0%QUEST%)" which translates to "AddJournalEntry(@0)" for BG1 and to "AddJournalEntry(@0,QUEST)" for Tutu/BGT, etc.

FotD does not add or modify any quests, nor does it add any journal entries so at least I will not have to worry about that part. :) What I will need to compare are file names and I was wondering whether AREs are the only ones that differ.