Photo

splprot.2da "Evasion check" info + wrong opcode #183 description

7 replies to this topic

#1 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1208 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

1. I think there was consensus that splprot.2da "Evasion check" didn't work outside IWD:EE engine mode. This is no longer the case in latest BG:EE and BG2:EE patches:

https://i.imgur.com/kJa5fpn.jpg

Use it the same way as it is used in IWD:EE (opcode 324)

edit: see below posts

#183 (0xB7) Item: Apply Effect Itemtype Variants: IWD2 PST 
Parameter #1: Undetermined
Parameter #2: Type

Description:
Applies the effect specified by the resource key to the targeted creature(s) when an item of the item type specified by the 'Type' field is equipped.
Warning: This effect has never been seen to work.

This is wrong. Opcode #183 works perfectly fine in EE (tested on latest BG2:EE patch by applying permanent opcode #183 effect to creature - bonuses showed up only when particular item was equipped and were removed alongside the item type automatically). The only limitation that I'm aware of is that following item types are not detectable: Bows, Slings, Crossbows.

Edited by K4thos, 17 October 2018 - 02:27 PM.

#2 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1208 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

One more error in EE IESDP, this time opcode 12

Warning: Using 'Magic Fire' or 'Magic Cold' as a damage type will result the game to crash if the damage kills the target.

all damage types works fine and don't crash the game (tested by assigning it to Magic Missle and killing Charname, NPCs and random character)

---------

Also this part of opcode #233 is wrong in EE games:

Note: The Proficiency Modifier effect cannot increment or decrement proficiency points, it can only SET them.

parameter2 can be treated as 2 short values:
- first 2 bytes: Proficiency Type
- last 2 bytes: Behavior (using labels from NI: 0 - Set if higher; 1 - Increment)

Edited by K4thos, 17 October 2018 - 05:25 AM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6830 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:06 AM

What version are you using... that needs to be refered in the note, cause we don't want to loose the easy version reference. As "latest" is not actual reference. v2.5. .?. 16.3 ?

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#4 kjeron

kjeron
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

1. I think there was consensus that splprot.2da "Evasion check" didn't work outside IWD:EE engine mode.

It's worked in the engine ever since (v2.0 for BGEE, v1.3 for BG2EE), the relevant file (splprot.2da) just wasn't included by default (just had to import it from IWDEE).
More importantly, the Spellstate assigned to Thieves in IWDEE serves no function (in any game) - the "Evasion check" has hardcoded conditions (Class/Level = Thief/7+, if your "Helpless").

The only limitation that I'm aware of is that following item types are not detectable: Bows, Slings, Crossbows.

"Launcher" abilities cannot be detected, "Ranged" self-made-ammo abilities (Gesen shortbow/Firetooth xbow) can be detected.
This behavior is similar to opcodes 301,341,361,362 - where the "Launcher" ability type (Special=4) doesn't function because they cannot be detected.

#5 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modders
  • 1208 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

What version are you using... that needs to be refered in the note, cause we don't want to loose the easy version reference. As "latest" is not actual reference. v2.5. .?. 16.3 ?

latest patch currently means v2.5.16.6 for BG2:EE and 2.5.17 for BG:EE+SoD.

#6 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2853 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

Evasion has been working in BGEE/BG2EE for a couple years now.  I think when they merged in the goodies from IWDEE 1.4 to create the BG 2.0 patches/SoD, the hardcoded Evasion effects made the transition to the BG games.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#7 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

More importantly, the Spellstate assigned to Thieves in IWDEE serves no function (in any game)

This ain't actually true as @subtledoctor found out (you probably remember our discussion about Melf's Acid Arrow.......)

Edited by Luke, 19 October 2018 - 11:02 AM.

#8 Luke

Luke
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:04 AM

Evasion has been working in BGEE/BG2EE for a couple years now.

It works even with ITMs........

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users