[ANDROID] PLANESCAPE: TORMENT---No Voice for Nameless One?

haints

I just realized that the Nameless One is also the Voiceless One in my game as it stands. I remember from playing this on my PC eons ago that he is, in fact, supposed to have a voice--when you tell him to move somewhere, he responds vocally, etc.

Any idea as to why my Nameless One is silent?

EDIT: Forgot to say that Morte will speak--when I click on him he says: "What's the word, chief?"

haints,

Next android version on SF should have proper logging to file. For now you should use aLogCat (https://market.android.com/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat&hl=en) to collect logs on android. aLogCat usage instructions from FAP topic (I would excluded filter part and add "set debug enabled in settings", though):

You use the aLogcat like this:

• Press the Menu-Button and enter a Filter-Keyword (I used "gemrb")
  • Make shure aLogcat is running (Play - Pause - Button)
  • Then press the middle Hardware-Button to return to Homescreen (leaves aLogcat running)
  • Then start gemRB and use it until it crashes
  • Then re-enter aLogcat. It should have recorded some data now.
  • In aLogcat you can use the Menu > Save-Button to save the recorded data as a .txt file
  • Then you can copy and paste the Information of this .txt file and post it here

Did you try to get any sounds from TNO during this logging event?

If not, then probably try another, no need to post the other parts, just the thing it writes when you try to make TNO say something.

If you cannot find the line, no problem, just start the pasting from the point after the game was loaded already.

Did you try to get any sounds from TNO during this logging event?

If not, then probably try another, no need to post the other parts, just the thing it writes when you try to make TNO say something.

If you cannot find the line, no problem, just start the pasting from the point after the game was loaded already.

Okay, here is another, much shorter one. I started the game first, THEN started alogcat. I tried to make TNO speak by switching between him and Morte. Every time I selected Morte he said something, every time I selected TNO ... he said nothing.

http://paste.debian.net/157486/

Just watched a youtube video of the opening level ... TNO is definitely supposed to say stuff like "I'm gone" when you select and move him ... Could there be some in-game setting that is preventing him from speaking? I checked all the options I could find and there was one called "level of audio feedback" or something like that ... I set it to maximum and it made no difference.

All i can see, TNO has no 'select common' verbal constants.

He has very few verbal constants set: tired (getting tired), bored (what's the hold up), hurt (i'm hurt), 3xaction (all right, i'm gone, done), 4xselect rare.

And thats ALL!

Does he say the action constants when selected? I guess, only when doing something. But, we don't handle them at all.

Archived