Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

Your best bet would be to remove the files for the half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), which would revert them to the BGEE versions and hope that fixes them.

The animations and paperdolls for particular items (e.g. shields) can be altered by loading the .itm and changing the value at 0x22 (item animation).

Your best bet would be to remove the files for the half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), which would revert them to the BGEE versions and hope that fixes them.

The animations and paperdolls for particular items (e.g. shields) can be altered by loading the .itm and changing the value at 0x22 (item animation).

Fixed, thanks!

I don't know if this has been reported already, but Legacy of the Masters gauntlets do not in fact add +2 damage to the character using them.

Or at least, the damage bonus doesn't show up on the inventory screen.

The index tells that it only works on melee weapons, so are you using ranged weapon ?

No, it's simply that the EE damage calculation display doesn't include partial bonuses like that (e.g. melee-only, or slashing-only, or whatever.)

Just a quirk of the EE engine, nothing the mod can do about it. (Unless it applied a universal +2 bonus, and then applied a -2 penalty for ranged damage... but then the display would simply be wrong when you have a ranged weapon. :shrug:

Edited by subtledoctor

So, up to now I've found some inconsistencies/bugs:

• Some shields use the BG2 icon and the BG1 equipped appearance; Some large shields cannot be used by Barbarians and Wizard Slayers for no apparent reason; some BG1 large shields are displayed as BG2 small shields -> what a mess!
  • Everyone can use the dagger of venom; moreover, its icon is different from the vanilla one for no apparent reason.....
  • Items that grant ​resistance to a certain type of damage (Robe of Fire Resistance and the like) have no longer the "Display Portrait Icon (142)" effect -> is this intended?
Edited by Luke

Now I have the same problem with helmets -> whenever an elf/half-elf equips a helmet, this is misaligned with the body in the Inventory Screen....

To sum up:

• if I remove the files for the elf/half-elf paperdolls from the override folder (CE*INV.BAM and CE*INV.PLT), then weapons are displayed correctly but helmets are not;
  • if I don't remove those files, then helmets are displayed correctly but weapons are not.

EDIT: I found out that it is possible to fix this issue by choosing the first option and changing with NI the equipped appearance attribute of all the helmets from H0,....,H6 to J0,......,JC. So: H0 must be replaced with J0, H1 with J1 and so forth....

Edited by Luke

Thanks for the feedback. Even if it sometimes seems like maintainers are on a permanent vacation, we appreciate the info you provide, and having it written down lets us refer back to it later.

I'm happy to help!

I found another minor bug: the equipped appearance of all short bows is the same as that of long bows -> you should change that attribute from BW - bow to BS - bow?

For Mike/Demi/Subtledoctor, here are more exact notes on the exact shields/Dagger of Venom issues (...and they are fixed in my version if you wanted to try to use it again, Luke):

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28894&p=258145

Relevant part:

1. Fixed shield usabilities: SHLD06 (Large Shield +1), SHLD15 (Large Shield), SHLD18 (Large Shield), SHLD23 (Fortress Shield), and SHLD30 (Large Shield +2). Seems like it only applied to these four five large shields.

2. Dagger of Venom: MISC75 (Dagger of Venom) was additionally also incorrectly usable by Beastmasters and Clerics.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I still don't understand what your version is, or what exactly it does, or which game is the intended platform for it.

- Is it an alternative to IR? A distinct mod with mostly the same codebase but some differences?

If so, now there will be two sets of players, some playing your version and some playing vanilla IR. If you get a bug report for your version but it involves code shared between the two, will the report and/or the fix migrate back to the original mod? Or will this end up overtaking the traditional IR? And if so are you going to support the whole thing?

- Alternatively, is this basically a patch meant to be applied on top of IR? My mod does this, so that would make sense to me.

This means that players can use "vanilla" IR, or my "patches" IR, as they prefer, and each part has its own code and it's own bugs/fixes/maintainers. A clear division of labor and responsibility.

- Or is this something else? From reading about it, I think this is the answer, but I don't quite understand what that something else is.

I have an excellent experience right now with IRv4b10. Yeah, some weapons might be fractionally misaligned with elves' hands in the inventory screen, but I honestly don't care about that, it's purely cosmetic and virtually unnoticeable. I don't use 1PP (don't even know if I can, on the EEs) so I don't really care about 1PP integration.

So, really no offense intended, but until I understand the case for what the "Revised Revisions" is and why it might be desirable, I'm staying away.

- Is it an alternative to IR? A distinct mod with mostly the same codebase but some differences?

Well, it's an interm version until slowpoke-Demivgrst comes back. ...

The 1PP is part of the EE games, so having it included or not is not a thing you can really choose with IR as it comes with it's own set of files, borrowed from a 1PP version that was before the last even.