A Frequently Asked Question

ty Ravenblack,

what a pity - coming back from the underdark I' d rather like to make him join and

talk again....(maybe Kivan' s clone at Umar Hills could tell me, where the original one has gone ?).

Shilmista. He has things to do (namely depart and rejoin Deheriana), so if you dismiss him, he leaves. The TDD version of Kivan if that's what you are talking about won't have the dialogues assigned.

Edited by Domi

Hehe,

in the end my solution was:

As I have done the windspear quest near the end of SoA I found Kivan near Garren's cabin. :crazyeyes:

Kutos & icon14.gif³ to the author.

thank you

Guest Eddie
Uhm? No, that's about bringing Deheriana back to the world of living after she is brought forth from Arvanaith. You ressurect her first via Demin, everyone can do that - or talk Kivan out of it or send him on his way to Arvanaith. But to make her her old self again,you need a bit more of a special influence. Otherwise she expires from longing again. So that's what seems to be glitching for the PC.

Hello, I have a question. How can I restore Deheriana to her old self? Demin brought her back to life, since then, Deheriana had banter with Kivan and Jaheira and one with Aerie. I didn't receive any PC-Deheriana talk (when I try to talk to her "Deheriana has nothing to say..."). I don't think I missed anything in the game... I have Aerie in my party from the beginning (PC is not healing class)... I almost finished whole game (I am before Suldanessar Palace) and nothing happens with Deheriana. Should I continue to the Palace and to the Hell or did I something wrong?

Let the game run for a bit quietly. The talks scheduled every 15 minutes, so Aerie should talk to her again, or her healing sequence schould kick in. If it doesn't, try this:

SetGlobal("P#DeherTrial","GLOBAL",1) via Clua, or set it to 1 in the ShadowKeeper

It should push forward the dialogue. :)

If not, please, send me the saved game, I will see what's stopping it.

Seems that something was glitching in your game, so you missed a couple of conversations, and Deheriana scheduled herself to die. To correct this, just set:

("P#AerieSupport","GLOBAL",3)

and then

("P#DeherianaLives","GLOBAL",2)

that should 'push' the restoration banter right away.

Guest Guest_Dinamo_*

Ok, I feel very stupid just now but I have to ask: in the v8 of this mod can a healing class PC restore Deheriana or do I still need Cernd or Aerie in the party, I´m cool either way, I just want to know

As far as I know, in v8, as in the previous versions, a PC of a healing class can restore Deheriana. Witness the readme:

If PC is a male or not interested in capturing Kivan's heart, Deheriana's story arc will develop in the end of the game. To see the story in full, please do not miss the talks with Aphril, Demin and Ellesime (in the end of the game). A happy ending of Deheriana's story will occur if Aerie or Cernd are in the party or if PC is one of the healing classes (Ranger, Druid, Cleric or Paladin)
Why Cernd and Aerie?

I was looking for chracters with a) strong healing (not spell-casting power, but character feel) b) non-judgemental and c) warm to Kivan personally. Aerie is my strongest candidate, due to her story of healing a child she does not know anything about, her heart's goodness remaining unchanged, non-embittered while exposed to cruelty. She also immediately recognizes Kivan as an elder-brother type figure, and their relationship is quite cordial. Cernd is a character whose very warm potential was imo never explored in the game, and I thought it to be an ideal chance for him to show his quality. Another important thing for me was his backstory, where he leaves his wife and it results in her death. This imo will enable him to understand and not berate Kivan's efforts to not let go of his loved one. And, Kivan and Cernd form a good solid friendship.

Why not Jaheira?

The strongest reason of them all is that every time Jaheira faces with the ressurection and restoration - both in Khalid's and Sarevok's cases - she is adamantly against it. While she makes an effort, when Deheriana is ressurected, to see if there is anything there left of the living woman, she does not continue, because there is too much in her that is against it. Also, this will be putting Jaheira in a terrible situation, again, regarding Khalid. i don't think it can be developped, without writing additional suit of talks for Jaheira, especially if Jaheira romances PC.

Why not Anomen?

He just don't get enough patience, enough understanding. He is young, rush and far from being infinetly kind. The game also suggests that Anomen is a racist, so the whole elven dilemma will imo irritate him - elves who whine about something weird while humans have to deal with real troubles, real evil etc.

Why not Viconia?

By one simple reason - she hates Kivan's guts, and I was to write her reaction it would have ended up as a negative one, that would have sent Deheriana back to hurt Kivan. My veiw of Viconia being extreme, clashing badly with the majority's view, and me not prepared to irritate Viconia's fans, I simply avoid writing anything Kivan-related for Viconia.

Brilliant.

Edited by SentinelBlade77
Guest Guest_Ellderon_*

I got one question - how to get to her in the first place?

I'm a male PC Paladin, I got Kivan into my party rather early and I've been all nice and supportive-like. I've talked to Denim but nothing new happens. Kivan doesn't mention Deheriana at all at that point.

I know that talking to that A*** girl in Spellhold is important for the romancing, but the readme never said it was important to get Deheriana at all!

IHMO, it's a very bad design since Spellhold is out of the players reach once passed. Putting a important trigger somewhere like that is just...fiendish.