Romance timing?

Ankhesenpaaten

I am wondering how long between LT's with Sarah. I've had a couple and then now she hasn't had a talk with my pc for what seems like ages. I've had 2 talks with Ano since and nothing from Sarah. I talk to her and the talk menu seems normal for romance (with the option to hug her, poke her, etc) but no talks. I ask her if she's okay and she says yes.

I know I'm a veteran player and move fairly fast but I do leave game on pause now and then and I am taking my time. I also think maybe others will have my same question on how long between LT's so we can know if our game is okay.

And my pc is a good aligned female and a rep of 16 by now and always been nice.

What I have of her so far I really really like Theacefes! And her portrait is lovely not typical BG but lovely anyway. Ilmatar does nice work. ;)

Well I had a rep of 13 when I got her and I don't know how to find the exact LT number but the last time we talked was about her uncle helping her to realize nature is her home. Then I've had 2 or 3 LT's with Ano and nothing from Sarah and I KNOW I've had at least 90 minutes real time with no more Sarah. But I do have a crapload of mods installed so don't worry overmuch and I won't go back to playing till tomorrow.

I could just start a new game and keep track on paper what precisely goes on so I can tell you better. I'm a veteran player but a technically stupid one so I hope some of what I've told you helps.

If you've had enough LTs with Anomen and you're leading him on, Sarah isn't going to want to romance you.

You can use the console to see her variables.

GetGlobal("SarahRomanceActive","GLOBAL)

GetGlobal("SarahTalkRomance","GLOBAL)

Also, I'm not sure, but if you leave the game on pause, does 'real time' in the game still pass?

EDIT: Ah...

SPOILERS!!

If you're on the ranger talk already, you're not going to get a romance out of her I don't believe. It's probably that you led Anomen on too much.

Aw crap I bet you're right. But I haven't even had Ano's sister's...event yet. Bummer. Okay. I'll start back earlier and try again. And I will write down your variables to keep track. Thanks so much. I guess I'm used to warnings in a romance or possible romance and since I got nothing from Sarah about it I had no clue.

Thanks so much for quick response!

And pausing game always works for other romances and party banters. It's a trick I read somewhere for those of us who play fast because we've done it so many times before.

Ok thats confusing, just how far is into Anomen's romance leading on if the sister thing hasn't shown up yet and suddenly Sarah isn't interested.

I think the sister incident is Anomen LT7.

Should the player simply hit him onto RA3 (which I'd gladly do before hurting him badly... sorry couldn't help myself :thumbsup: ) around the first few LTs?

Hm, this is confusing. I could suggest a higher marker for disinterest to occur at, but then again Anomen pretty much *demands* the PC's attraction, attention and the occasional need for being a punching bag both verbally and physically (NPC flirtpack) very early on.... yes my hate for the pompous tinhead is not easy to disguse, sorry Anomen fans :)

Well, I simply chose the marker at where Anomen's Romance is in it's "flirting" stage. Anomen is pretty obvious about the fact that he's infactuated with the PC, so I figured players who knew this and were planning on romancing Sarah would know to give Anomen an answer that wouldn't lead him on.

Perhaps something to consider in possible future releases, if it's giving people a huge problem.

If you've had enough LTs with Anomen and you're leading him on, Sarah isn't going to want to romance you.

You can use the console to see her variables.

GetGlobal("SarahRomanceActive","GLOBAL)

GetGlobal("SarahTalkRomance","GLOBAL)

If you're on the ranger talk already, you're not going to get a romance out of her I don't believe. It's probably that you led Anomen on too much.

I am on a new game and got Sarah with rep of 11 but now it is 13. I got the ranger talk and now Ano is also not even in my party and never was. I have no other romanceables in my party, either. I am a CG female and nice to her. I wanted to check the variables like you said above but the commands don't work. If I type what you have and add a " at the end of GLOBAL I get the message that the SarahRomanceActive doesn't exist, nor does the SarahTalkRomance exist.

Say what???

I know I'm technically stupid but did I type in something wrong? Am I supposed to leave in the CLUAConsole: part? If I take it out I get - Active Stack, whatever that means. :thumbsup:

Edit - maybe I needed to have a rep of 13 right off the bat? Or does the romance take longer if you get her and have her for a while before your rep raises? But shouldn't I get a GLOBAL anyways?

To check the value of globals, you would hit CTRL-space to open the console.

At the cursor you would type:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("SarahRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

exactly like that, without any spaces.

And then, once you have noted the number it returns, you would type:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("SarahTalkRomance","GLOBAL")

again, exactly like that, without any spaces.

Please remember that the console is case-sensitive, so you need to capitalize only those letters capitalized in the examples above.

Edit: Hey, Ace, no wonder she was getting errors. No closing quotes in the examples. Oops. Try this, and let me know how you make out.

Dammit. It isn't working. I've typed exactly that (as far as I can tell) and I still get that Sarah Global doesn't exist. I've done this before once or twice in the past and was able to get variables but not now. I am at a loss. If I can somehow copy my exact text I'll post it here.

Thanks for trying! I'm sure it is something quite silly but I'll be hanged if I can find it right now. Argh!

I've double checked and can see no errors at all. I did the proper case and have no spaces. But still nothing. Could this be a messed up install? I haven't had any other installation issues that I can recall. Would this be better asked in general mod questions or some such place? :thumbsup:

Okay :) It means that either you do not fit the romance requirements or your rep wasn't high enough by the time the "key" romance talk came along (Did you know your mother?)

:):thumbsup::)

Back to an earlier save I guess but I'll have to figure out a way to raise my rep right away then. I'm sorry to be a pain in the butt again. I'm glad I know what to do now though. Thank you so much!

Well maybe this will help someone else too. :)

Archived