Egg Swapping

Delivered an elder orb eye to the Matron Mother. Phaere wants to see me.

I go to Phaere's and am willing to betray the Matron Mother and receive Phaere's eggs.

Solafein's cutscene or where he makes his speech outside Lolth's temple kicks in but I don't see him and I get his fake eggs. Meanwhile my party is still at Phaere's.

Never got this far before because of the ship to spellhold problem. This is something new and weird.

Checking that the party is in the Ust'Natha area before that cutscene with Solafein should resolve the problem.

Even better, how about putting an invisible creature near the temple and not allow Solafein's dialogue until this invisible creature can see Player1-6.

Maybe somebody walked over the trigger? This sequence is done via a special trigger -- there is *no* way this could happen unless some object was on top of it. My guess is to just change [0] to [30] in the trigger script, but I'm fairly confident that the fixpack didn't cause this.

So, I'm thinking either [0] -> [30], +InMyArea([2]), or +Detect([2]) (I think triggers can See(), so invisible creature hack would be pointless here).

Maybe somebody walked over the trigger? This sequence is done via a special trigger -- there is *no* way this could happen unless some object was on top of it. My guess is to just change [0] to [30] in the trigger script, but I'm fairly confident that the fixpack didn't cause this.

So, I'm thinking either [0] -> [30], +InMyArea([2]), or +Detect([2]) (I think triggers can See(), so invisible creature hack would be pointless here).

This had happened twice with a saved game. I tried it again but this time deleted the files in the Cache sub-directory and the glitch went away and the game is proceeding normally. Maybe somehow the trigger did get activated.

Archived