GEMRB on Android

Guest Chas Grady

Cool! I removed the math usage, so it should also work with your prepackaged library now. Oh and of course please send diffs/patches for the stuff you had to change.

Of course, but I works with official 0.6.2 snapshot, not with a latest GIT. I'll correct the problem with the sound and send diffs to you. I also want to apply WideScreenMod to make the game in full screen (800x480 pix). What files this mod changes?

the game data files (chu, mos, maybe more).

Unfortunately mod does not support resolution Y <600. I asked theBigg do mod with support for vertical resolution of 480 pixels.

There is another point. Text in descriptions and tooltips in golden color and almost unreadable, since merged with the background. Can I fix it?

I see source and found that function UpdateVolume(unsigned int) not implemented on SDLAudio. Do you have plans to implement it in the near future?

updated: not needed, i found OpenAL backend. It works good.

Do you plan on releasing the .apk any time soon? :)

I hope you figure out the 480 resolution problem. Tried playiing BG1 as a playstation game but the emulator has problems with it. Also the text isn't readable at 480. I find that strange since the original BG1 game was 640 x 480 only. BG2 can also select 640 x 480 as a resolution and is playable on a PC. If it shows up on the market as donation ware I'd be happy to chip in a few bucks.

Guest pratfall

I'm totally confused how you managed to do this - are you using some sort of cross-compile setup? Android runs Java, how are you building the project? If its just a matter of getting a build environment together, I'd love to know how so I can help get this thing published.

Do you plan on releasing the .apk any time soon?

Yes, when I resolve issues, but not the fact that in the market. If the engine will work with testing resources from the source is placed in the market, or on the web. If the GemRB developers agree to this.

I hope you figure out the 480 resolution problem. Tried playiing BG1 as a playstation game but the emulator has problems with it. Also the text isn't readable at 480. I find that strange since the original BG1 game was 640 x 480 only. BG2 can also select 640 x 480 as a resolution and is playable on a PC. If it shows up on the market as donation ware I'd be happy to chip in a few bucks.

I'll try to fix this problem.

I'm totally confused how you managed to do this - are you using some sort of cross-compile setup? Android runs Java, how are you building the project? If its just a matter of getting a build environment together, I'd love to know how so I can help get this thing published.

I use several third-party tools: patched Android NDK and SDL port from Pelya. Pelya created java wrapper for native code on your SDL port. Also I use OpenAL library patched for Android and Python compiled for ARM as shared library.

Archived