Viconia

Acleacius

Tried to find the correct forum for this question. didn't know where to post it.

Is there a romance for Viconia in BG1 (even vanilla version), so far all the mods and wiki seem to only talk about BG2 and TOB?

Currently playing through, with Tutu and have several mods installed like BG1 NPC Project, BG Mini Quests and BG2 Fix Pack. Seems like she is very interested and inquisitive, saying the PC is the only one she can/could trust.

Thanks.

Can't remember is this the mod, that allows the choice on wether NPCs stay where you dismiss them if you tell them, it's just temporary? If so any chance you guys could add Viconia to this list, when I tried to leave her at Friendly Arms, she ran off without me getting dialog asking her to wait.

Thanks.

Can't remember is this the mod, that allows the choice on wether NPCs stay where you dismiss them if you tell them, it's just temporary? If so any chance you guys could add Viconia to this list, when I tried to leave her at Friendly Arms, she ran off without me getting dialog asking her to wait.

What's your PC's alignment and reputation? Remember that Viconia is Evil, so high rep will not sit well with her. I've had this happen to my Neutral Good elf mage: all Evil and Neutral PCs would leave permanently when kicked out after a point. The "wait at inn" would only work for other Good PCs.

That being said, I'm not sure whether it's rep or actual alignment that makes Evil PCs leave. I've successfully managed to make Branwen wait at the inn once, meaning that my rep must have been low enough for her liking at that point (she left next time I tried this), but I've disbanded Xzar, Montaron and Kagain prior to that (meaning that my rep was even lower), and they left permanently. Could be that they needed even lower rep to stay, or could simply be that Evil characters just won't wait around for a Good PC. I'm not sure, but someone more knowledgeable about the mod and the game could probably clarify this.

Interesting.

I'm personally more of the mind that alienment is a descriptor of personaltiy and not loyality is there is a way to disable Perma Leave?

If Viconia is constantly telling my PC, she is the only one worth trusting why would she run off, it really makes no game play sense. Not to mention the great equipment I gave her and left in her inventory, when I asked her to wait. It seems to take away "Our" ablilty to RP, by reacting to NPCs despite our Alignment differences or Belifs (i.e. Reputation). It's important to me to have NPCs who constantly challenge my desisions. Afaik this only happens if they are opposing, but it doesn't mean I agree with them or want to act like them.

If it's just Reputation or Alignment, would it be that hard to just remove the check from each NPC or maybe remove the Reaction, i.e. Flee? Afaik if the NPC doesn't know it can leave, it won't. ;)

Try BG2 Tweaks, Happy Patch. It works on Tutu or BGT.

The situation I described (Neutral and Evil characters leaving when kicked out) was with the Happy Patch from BG2 Tweaks. I have the "characters can complain about reputation but never leave" version installed. As far as I can tell, all it prevents is characters spontaneously leaving without being prompted. But they will leave if you try to forcibly remove them from the party.

Of course, it's also possible that something is malfunctioning in my game. Wouldn't be the first time, lol :p

Actually, my advice applies more to future games. Adding the mod mid-game doesn't always work too well. If you install the mod and then attempt to kick the NPC out, the unhappy NPC will leave for good. If you install the mod, alter your reputation either by donating at a temple or by paying a bard to badmouth you (a component of BG1 NPC) and *then* try to kick the NPC out, the NPC will stay. But yeah, the trigger for getting the NPC to stick around and be recruitable later is !HappinessLT(Myself,0), so "NPCs will complain about reputation but never leave" will NOT keep booted Viconia from disappearing forever with your gear. Installing "NPCs never complain bout reputation," however, will do the job just fine.

But yeah, the trigger for getting the NPC to stick around and be recruitable later is !HappinessLT(Myself,0), so "NPCs will complain about reputation but never leave" will NOT keep booted Viconia from disappearing forever with your gear. Installing "NPCs never complain bout reputation," however, will do the job just fine.

Is there any conceptual/coding reason for this? In other words, if I like the the complaining (per the first option) but don't want them to leave for any reason (per the second option), could the component "Characters can complain about reputation but never leave" be adjusted to have that behaviour? Or is it the one or the other?

Currently, it's one or the other. I could, however code up a patch that would change NPC behavior to keep them willing to be recruited again at anything less than utter hatred. In other words, change it from !HappinessLT(0) to !HappinessLT(-79) for annoyed or to !HappinessLT(-159) for seriously unhappy to !HappinessLT(-299) for breaking point. I wouldn't include it in BG2 Tweaks unless the Tweaks Pack people said it was OK, but I would be happy to make it available as a micro mini-mod. Won't be able to do anything with it until tonight, though.

Thanks Zireael07 that sounds interesting. Appoligizes for not knowing but what are NToSC and TWM, tried looking in the forum list?

Currently, it's one or the other. I could, however code up a patch that would change NPC behavior to keep them willing to be recruited again at anything less than utter hatred. In other words, change it from !HappinessLT(0) to !HappinessLT(-79) for annoyed or to !HappinessLT(-159) for seriously unhappy to !HappinessLT(-299) for breaking point. I wouldn't include it in BG2 Tweaks unless the Tweaks Pack people said it was OK, but I would be happy to make it available as a micro mini-mod. Won't be able to do anything with it until tonight, though.

That would be amazing, thank you! :)

Is there a way to allow Arrow keys to function while writing posts? The cursor seems to disappear forcing me to constantly put my right hand back on my mouse, while trying to type. Tried holding down, shift, control and alt with no luck.

Thanks.

Archived