Bug Reports for Alpha 19

Domi

Will uninstalling Alpha 18 and installing Alpha 19 cause problems if we continue to play the same game, or should we start a new game?

It should not. The only thing that might happen, and unfortunatelly cannot be fixed in IWD2 is that your soundset subtitles strings will get mixed up.

After installing a19 over a18, I was unsure if the quick and dirty fixes for a18 needed to be applied to my pre-existing savegames. I figured I'd stick on the safe side and apply them, and just view the dialogue outside the game.

Please, don't apply the Quick and Dirty Fixes for Alpha 18 to Alpha 19; however, apply the QDFs for Alpha 19. All the issues for previous alpha were fixed, and the only way for me to know that the fixes worked, is if you don't artificially prevent the previously dialogues from happening. ;)

Finally finished my game where I accept Diriel's proposal and reject Jaemal/Rizdaer. Everything seemed to work fine - the romance with Jaemal/Rizdaer ended and could not be restarted and I got all of the correct epilogues. Will start a Peony/Salomeya run tonight.

Quick notes on the epilogues: In Nord's Hildury was mentioned prominently. It just seemed a little odd since I did not have her in party and I don't recall any discussion/info about her except in his biography.

Also, in Rizdaer's nonromance epilogue there was an instance of Mavalon. Is this supposed to be Malavon?

Salomeya's Saablic Tan interject has Thavian instead of Thayvian.

Nord chp 6 talk: 'Don't know if that what he was after, but your lord father put you through a first rate bloodbath.' should be 'this was what'

PC choice: 'If slaughtering hundreds in the savage lands is what takes to gain his approval, I shall do it.' should be 'what is takes'

N: 'Sir Gorest of Logny, he gave me a taste of what it really is to forget one own self...' one's own self

Tiny bug here, got this while installing the Gnome males -> Halfling Rogue females component: P#PeonyB.baf has two REPONSE#100's in its first script part:

IF
OR(2)
IsAnimationID("peony",25108) 
IsAnimationID("peony",25107)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
StartCutsceneMode()
StartCutscene("p#peonav")
END

EDIT: After correcting the code, the script works perfectly, BTW. No Semi-Jan's for Peony anymore. BTW, if you multi-class Nikosh to a wizard, he has the exact same thing going on: he morphs to a male gnome wizard.

Okay, I am having a CTD in the Underdark. No idea if it is related to the mod or not, but I can't get past it right now. It happens when you first encounter the drow and he starts telling you about the driders. I'm going to email you a saved game here in a couple minutes and you can investigate at your leisure.

Please, don't apply the Quick and Dirty Fixes for Alpha 18 to Alpha 19; however, apply the QDFs for Alpha 19. All the issues for previous alpha were fixed, and the only way for me to know that the fixes worked, is if you don't artificially prevent the previously dialogues from happening. ;)

Well I actually lied - I haven't applied any since installing Alpha 19, but my savegame still has most of the variables set from before I updated. Should we bother trying to unset them somehow?

Found another literally game-stopping bug in the Peony romance. I was walking back to Fell Wood for the finale with the treants, and as the party was walking along, I got a dialogue with Peony popping up that said "You wake up to the smell of something wonderful" or something along those lines. Aside from it happening as the party was walking rather than waking up from a rest, the game crashed when I tried to continue the dialogue. Reloaded, got the same flirt at around the same place, and the game crashed again. Third try ended in the same way.

I think I found the problem - one of the random flirts was bugged, but I am surprised that you got the crash three times out of three. Either you are unlucky, or the problem was something different. I am appending the corrected D-file/instructions to the QDF thread, and I really want to hear if the issue went away. The flirt does not crash in my game, but I want as many confirmations as possible that it was the culprit.

Okay, I am having a CTD in the Underdark. No idea if it is related to the mod or not, but I can't get past it right now. It happens when you first encounter the drow and he starts telling you about the driders. I'm going to email you a saved game here in a couple minutes and you can investigate at your leisure.

It's Valeero's interjection. Corrected locally, and put on QDFs. ;)

"Listen, I'll die defending you, or anyone of my battle companions, but..." and "Though my master-plans do not include a grave just yet."

Heya, you will need to give me a corrected version. ;) I assume that it should be 'any of' and 'master-plan does' but I am not 100% sure. Heh, I *am* an ESL. ;)

"Listen, I'll die defending you, or anyone of my battle companions, but..." and "Though my master-plans do not include a grave just yet."

Heya, you will need to give me a corrected version. ;) I assume that it should be 'any of' and 'master-plan does' but I am not 100% sure. Heh, I *am* an ESL. ;)

Ah, sorry, I should have include the changes. I will be sure to do so in the future. [u]Anyone[/u] should be any one (though any would work just as well), and [u]master-plans[/u] does not have a hyphen. I think whether it should be changed to singular is a matter of opinion.

Also, I should be able to reset all the a18 fixes because I am so close to the start of the game it's Riddikulus.

Erm, hello. I’ve been lurking here for some time and I think that this mod is simply awesome. I noticed what I think are a few spelling errors, so here they are:

When Valeero doesn’t want to talk to you she says “...than silence is golden.†Shouldn’t that be “then silence is golden.�

In the chat between Nikosh and Rizdaer that starts with “Here’s what keeps botherin’ me...†Rizdaer says “Regal me.†I think he’s meant to say “Regale me.â€Â

When you free Hannu, Jaemal says “The boy got both spirit to join...†I think a has is missing there.

Anyways, please keep up the great work. This mod makes the game something that I’ll play again and again.

Heya, thanks for the reports and kind words ;) I'm not dissappearing. ;) It's just my baby-daughter is going through a rough patch, so I am playing rather then modding for a few days until we get the growing pains out of the way, and I don't have to sleep in 2 hours increments!

Okay, with Diriel's seduction scene, a couple oddities.

1. I am getting what I think is a Rizdaer option on the morning after talk, even though Riz isn't in my party. Something about, "What if the child is dark with silver hair?" I am not seeing a half-elven option, which I think would be Jaemal's.

2. If you break off your relationship with Jaemal before this scene occurs (I don't want to hurt you, but I only want to be friends from PID), he still leaves the party if you choose to marry Diriel. I wasn't sure if this was intended or not.

Otherwise nothing but spelling stuff, and no time to post that tonight. It is bed time for me.

As an aside, I would love to see an option in the morning after talk to ask Diriel if he actually felt something for charname, or if it was all just part of his calculations. So, like, "Diriel, do you actually have any feelings for me, or was this all just part of some elaborate scheme." Of course, the PC may just be setting herself up for more hurt, but I think it would be a pretty normal question to ask under the circumstances.

1. I am getting what I think is a Rizdaer option on the morning after talk, even though Riz isn't in my party. Something about, "What if the child is dark with silver hair?" I am not seeing a half-elven option, which I think would be Jaemal's.

I am looking at the checks, and they are quite compelling.... I am not sure why the worng stuff is showing up. Do you happen to have a saved game, please?

As an aside, I would love to see an option in the morning after talk to ask Diriel if he actually felt something for charname, or if it was all just part of his calculations. So, like, "Diriel, do you actually have any feelings for me, or was this all just part of some elaborate scheme." Of course, the PC may just be setting herself up for more hurt, but I think it would be a pretty normal question to ask under the circumstances.

I know, but on the other hand Diriel is not the one to give a wishy-washy answer and that's a situation where I'd like the individual player to believe what is more convenient for his/her role-playing choice, because the rest of the romance is not present.

Sending my save here shortly. It's a quicksave. Pick the "You bastard." option and it should pop up.

Minor spelling thing: "I wish to announce that <charname> honored me by agreeing to wed me." I would use "has honored me".

Archived