Photo

Tutorial Index and Forum Guidelines

37 replies to this topic

#31 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • Modders
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:58 PM

Really, the prefix list should be hosted at Beamdog, as that is where the huge majority of new modders are going to be.  Whatever reasoning -- or lack of -- allowed it to be at BWL is clearly no longer valid.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 17 April 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#32 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6205 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

Whatever reasoning -- or lack of -- allowed it to be at BWL is clearly no longer valid.

What ever you thik, just no. It's a community build list... it's been in BWL, and you better believe it will stay there. Cause if not. You will split the community another time, to those and the others.. THAT*S IDIOTIC.
Yes, I called you that.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#33 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • Modders
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

How does changing where it's hosted matter?  I think you're really overdramatizing this.  Par for the course, I guess.

[edit]

This is how a non-asshole would have it linked:

prefix request forum
the list itself

That wasn't so hard, was it? We'll see how long they allow people to skip their ad spam.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 18 April 2016 - 01:22 AM.

#34 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6205 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:01 AM

the list itself

Redirects itself to the ad banner stuff... sorry, but that's just the way it stands. It has nothing to do with being an asshole
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#35 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2145 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:05 AM

Idk, forcing that add on people, having a hard-to-find button to click through where you wanted to go, having a shitty countdown timer so people CAN'T click through until they watched 15 seconds of boring "gameplay" even if you've already seen it a thousand times...

I think that has rather a lot to do with being an asshole.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6205 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:22 AM

I think that has rather a lot to do with being an asshole.

Well, go ahead, you are free to start doing something to things. I haven't seen you do anything for the welfare of the community, yes, you have a few mods. And you are rather active here... I'll give you that, but I haven't seen you start your expert guide for Mac users on the creation of mods, even though I believe you to be an expert on it, relatively to others... of course I could be wrong.
Inaction. That is what you all stand to be accused on. I have done my small part... Baronius has his. CamDawn, Wisp and others do theirs.

And I am pretty sure being an asshole, is kinda part of the course. If you look it in non-naive way.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 April 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#37 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:38 AM

Their ad also destroy download system but after my request it was fixed. Anyway it's clear that the admins are lacking sensitivity for that matter and for some other also. I think that Baronius should be notified and asked to remove ads from "important community site resources" links.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#38 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2145 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:53 AM

Pff, I know exactly nothing about Linux.

As for helping the community, I do know about Macs. I use to convert inconsiderate Windows-only mods to run on Macs back when the game came on discs, for the benefit of the community. And I've given advice to tons of people on how to mod these games on Macs without having to shell out ~$300 for a Windows license. And I've developed and published a tool to allow Mac users to easily run Weidu to install mods that don't ship with Mac support built-in.

As for non-platform-specific community service... I rather think calling out people for acting like jerks - I mean, for acting in a way that is contrary to the best interest of BG players - is *good* for the community. :p

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users