At this point you all might need a stand-in for K4thos

[...] The problem is that it creates /data and /override folders that cannot be used iOS/Android versions. [...]

Mods that modify /data and /override DO work on Android (see my post above) and they SHOULD also works on iOS (with PATh adapted to iOS).

[...] The problem is that it creates /data and /override folders that cannot be used iOS/Android versions. [...]

Mods that modify /data and /override DO work on Android (see my post above) and they SHOULD also works on iOS (with PATh adapted to iOS).

I wasn't describing the whole problem, since this isn't really the thread for it. The problem is that EET creates .PVRZ files that cannot be used by the iOS/Android game executables, causing hard crashes; and it EET creates a new main screen/menu which does not work on iOS/Android (either it is set to use a too-high screen resolution, or it uses some of those .PVRZ files... I'm not sure which is the problem.

In simple terms, EET is kind of like a big quest/content mod, where all of BG1 becomes mod content for BG2. All of the BG1 areas get encoded to a variant of the PVRZ format that the tablet games cannot use. We have a working converter made by Argent77 that changes them to the right format for the tablet games, and now people are playing e.g. NTotSC on BGEE/iOS and TDDz on BG2EE/iOS, etc. Which is great!

The issue with EET is that it biffs all of the files imported from BG1. So where I would normally use the PVRZ converter on, say, all of the .PVRZ files in my override folder, that doesn't work with an EET install. We could theoretically use the converter on every applicable file in the game, but then it would be doing a ton of extra work on all of the vanilla BG2EE files, for nothing, since those ones do not need to be converted.

Ideally, we could have a dialogue with k4thos, luke93, argent77, etc., where we identify all of the EET-related files that need to be converted. Maybe something like, have EET create a simple list of them in a .2da file or other harmless file, so that the converter utility can come in later, pull them out of the game .BIFFs, and convert them.

As far as I can tell, that's really all that needs to be done. Maybe something about the menus as well, if EET doesn't support the native tablet screen resolutions (which are smaller than the PC versions and more constrained with it comes to customization/replacement)... but if push comes to shove someone could simply make a post-EET menu replacement mod specifically for tablets. The identification of incompatible .PVRZ files is the bigger problem.

EDIT -

As far as actually playing with biffed files at all, I'm not sure whether it works or not. Nobody has yet been able to get the iOS game to work with modified .BIFFs or a modified chitin.key. We may just not have tried the correct method, or iOS may be preventing it. Worst comes to worst we can simply disable EET from biffing anything. But, the incompatible .PVRZ files will be incompatible in either case, so that's the first hurdle, I think. I'd prefer to find a way to get it working with most of the stuff biffed, except the converted .PVRZ files.

Edited by subtledoctor

Oddly enough I think this is the part where I was confused at first because I had no idea some of the talk of EET having problems was from another OS because the other versions are completely stable.

Well, this should tell you how stable it is, the BiG World Setup has moved completely to only support the EET installs rather than stay at BGT-weidu as there's more players and mod makers using it than the BGT-weidu. On Windows. So..

And worries of the EET not being stable on iOS devices will become secondary after it works on then in the first place.

Well, that's for now, as the v2.5 is still on beta, which it works well on. When the v2.5 is live and complete, then the EET might have an update that K4thos might even be a part of.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola