Offtopic Anvil Discussion

the bigg

Of course, who else should answer if not SimDingO...

Man, you´re the last one who should give me advices. And that forum address you gave me in your previous post - I found its point very different from this thread, but that can be my mistake, of course...

Guys and gals, remember the topic. We won't censor any opinions or delete posts, but let's not get stupid and turn this into a wankfest instead of a useful thread. The discussion on the scope of positive feedback is just tangentially related enough to be relevant, but I'll ask that everyone to remain on the original topic (opinions of Improved Anvil) and to remain respectful, even when--especially when--you disagree.

Guest _Baronius

Just for your information, Guest_dizzyorange_*, most of the people who told their "opinion" about IA here have never played or even tried it. Just ask who of them actually played it. They will be proud that they didn't. But then how can they give advice?

But there is nothing to worry about. Those who post tactless, offensive or malicious posts are mostly "empty" people.

Notice that I said "opinions,", not opinions. People who say BWL uses fake accounts etc., or saying that since he or she never tried it, it can't be good etc.

And if you search for BWL forum, you will see posts that criticize IA. They were not deleted. Off-topic posts are deleted often, that's true. Our rules differ from other sites'. But everyone knows this.

I don't know much about Improved Anvil, but I will say that Refinements is the best mod I've ever played. It's orders of magnitude better than anything else out there--its writing makes other mods look like they were made by second graders, the concept is flawless, and I've never experienced a single bug with it. Well, except for when I installed BG2 Fixpack with it, because that thing's full of tweaks.

Also check out the bigg's Tweak Pack, bigg's Quest Pack, Stivan the Hunter, and Mazzy the Paladin. These are quite possibly the only mods I've seen that are up to the same quality as Refinements.

Please ban this person, he is clearly a populist tool.

Just for your information, Guest_dizzyorange_*, most of the people who told their "opinion" about IA here have never played or even tried it. Just ask who of them actually played it. They will be proud that they didn't. But then how can they give advice?

But there is nothing to worry about. Those who post tactless, offensive or malicious posts are mostly "empty" people.

WoW! TheBaron is ignorant as ever which is no surprise. How do you know these people never played this Second Coming of mods? You snooped around their computers? Are you inside their heads? I clearly stated I never played it, yet I gave no opinion. After reading the posts here and at BWL, I am sure that I won't play it. Not my thing.

Egos need to be stroked.

WoW! TheBaron is ignorant as ever which is no surprise. How do you know these people never played this Second Coming of mods? You snooped around their computers? Are you inside their heads? I clearly stated I never played it, yet I gave no opinion. After reading the posts here and at BWL, I am sure that I won't play it. Not my thing.

Egos need to be stroked.

Never heard of it so it can't be that good.

Lawl

Regardless, there is such as thing as free speech and people can say whatever they want. Well... in the US at least...

In many other places too. When I say that respecting each others' work is important, I don't mean you *mustn't* say offensive, rude comments or lies. I say you *shouldn't*, *IMHO*. But it's up to everyone to decide this on his or her own. One of the things that makes human different from animals is communication. The way we *express* our thoughts. If someone is happy that he or she can revile IA or any other mod because he is US (Italian, or any other) citizen and there is "freedom of speech" there, nothing prevents him or her from doing so. Everyone is free to show to the world how incredibly intelligent he is. :)

Archived