wishlist

Avenger

make it so familiars can level :)

This is entirely a modding issue. I think, even the original had persistent familiars (pocketing one wouldn't have erased the gained levels). Oh, well, they couldn't gain xp, but you can always use the level of the protagonist.

F/M/T/C and associated tables and interface?

Four classes may be a problem (lack of stat slots).

You can try to merge some of the classes and then create a multiclass with those.

Or create a single class with all the features.

Or go with the iwd2 type classes.

You can try to merge some of the classes and then create a multiclass with those.

Stats have limited slots? I assume you're writing about things like turn undead, hide in shadows, etc.

The classes share slots?

Because i'm doing a script for a F/M/C that adds a few hotkeys taking advantage of the fact that the Hide in shadows and findtraps functions are exposed in the scripts.

I could also do the same for pickpocket and disarm traps, but i don't know of a way to hijack the cursor (in BGII Tob).

he meant levels, xp. The action bar is fully customisable already.

I understand, though i'm not quite sure about how a multiclass is handled then. If each class of a F/M/T is not "normalized" (speaking about database theory here) on a row in a table, how can it keep track of the different level ups per class?

If it does, then why isn't adding a row easy (ex: FMTC_CLERIC_LEVEL)?

The classes share slots?
Well, the original BG2 characters have just three class slots... so if you don't want to make an algorithm that rewrites all the character files to add in a few bites in them, and everything else that depends on the .cre structure, then you'll have to take the 3 slots you have been given. You can make a CustomSorcerer-Druid-Thief, but not add a fighter to that... but you can customize the Sorcerer to give the fighters thac0 and let it do the melee.

Stats have limited slots? I assume you're writing about things like turn undead, hide in shadows, etc.

No.

The classes share slots?

Yes, there are only 3 level stats and 3 'past XP' stats. This, plus a lot of hardcoded stuff maximizes bg2 like multiclasses to 3.

Note, that IWD2 like classes are supported differently (but this is incomplete).

The classes share slots?
Well, the original BG2 characters have just three class slots... so if you don't want to make an algorithm that rewrites all the character files to add in a few bites in them, and everything else that depends on the .cre structure, then you'll have to take the 3 slots you have been given. You can make a CustomSorcerer-Druid-Thief, but not add a fighter to that... but you can customize the Sorcerer to give the fighters thac0 and let it do the melee.

Actually, you can have a new class (you don't have to overwrite the sorcerer or any other class). Everything else is correct.

If you don't want to dual class this thing, then a new single stand alone class is a better solution.

Archived