Bug reports in v30

I couldn't find any info on this: i'm getting an error when trying to install SCS

stratagems_external/tra/english/text.tra file not found. Skipping...
stratagems_external/tra/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping...
ERROR: No translation provided for @60
Continuing despite error.
ERROR: No translation provided for @1

I looked in that folder and it didn't exist. I tried copying the folder from stratagems\tra\english but that also didn't work. Any ideas?

Did a retry and pulled this from the Weidu Debug

### 1000: Initialise mod (all other components require this) ###
Ready for installation
Setup-stratagems.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 1000 --logapp
[setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24000
Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility + kreso's Spell Revisions compatibility]
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Appending to files ...
Creating 1 directory

Reading in data: spellcodes

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 3 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
Uninstalled 3 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
ERROR: Failure("Edit_ITM cannot have an empty argument")
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
Using Language [English]
stratagems_external/tra/english/text.tra file not found. Skipping...
stratagems_external/tra/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping...

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)

H:\BGEET Install>
ERROR: Failure("Edit_ITM cannot have an empty argument")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Edited by southfla79

southfla79 - If you still have your Weidu Log could you please attach it? I'm having (by the looks) the same problem with my EET install.

And so that southfla79 understands, it should be done as a .zip file, as it takes much less space than .txt of .debug files, which generally can't be attached for that reason... to save space.

Sorry for being a bit late to reply. Search scrlzz in another folder and drop into your override folder. It'll install.

If you get 'Out of Memory' issues, it seems to be when installing the component Smarter Priests. option 1 and 2 failed but option 3 worked for me(didn't try the next 2)

(this was a bws/eet/tactics install)

I am trying to install this mod and I am getting an error with the intialise mod. Here is my debug file. For some reason it is not allowing me to upload a zip file of the files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qMNTdNpo0qSXpiMU1WTDl3SFE

here is the debug file when i run it manually and not with the BWS tool

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qMNTdNpo0qQ1NNMDJOTVNZQ0E

Edited by Higara

With Legacy of Bhaal, when you removed a companion from party, save, load the save, re-recruit the character, the level & HP isn't what they are when you left him/her.

eg.

• Minsc in party - HP 117, Level 12, Experience: 1,396,790, Next Level: 1,500,000
  • remove him, save, load
  • re-recruit Minsc - HP 350, Level 24, Experience: 1,396,790, Next Level: 5,100,000 (other status improved as well)
  • save, load
  • Minsc in party - HP 174, Level 12, Experience: 1,396,790, Next Level: 1,500,000 (other status returned to normal)

Affect both EE1 EE2, not all companions are affected, Resaad in EE1, SoD seems OK, but most companions are affected, the bug may not kick in at first, but will, eventually.

May also request reconsider the whole idea of enemies identifying weakest party members, immunities, then chase after them, use spells on those who are vulnerable thing, it's like battling a boring AI who knows your status inside out at the first glance, not all enemies should have that level of intelligence/power to see you through that quickly, might do it on certain bosses, but randomize the targeting of most enemy types, adding varieties.

May also request reconsider the whole idea of enemies identifying weakest party members, immunities, then chase after them, use spells on those who are vulnerable thing, it's like battling a boring AI who knows your status inside out at the first glance, not all enemies should have that level of intelligence/power to see you through that quickly, might do it on certain bosses, but randomize the targeting of most enemy types, adding varieties.

SCS gives the user the opportunity to customize a file entry (note: the author offers no support for this) that would make, among the other things, the AI ignorant about your equipped items and protections.

Open stratagems.ini with notepad and change the following entry from 0 to 1:

AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items 0

Of course this means the AI will never learn from first failing in their attacks against protected party members.

Edited by Salk

Of course this means the AI will never learn from first failing in their attacks against protected party members.

And ? The reason why I ask this is that usually in Fantasy movies/literature, if the hero becomes immune to the villain's attacks, they become nearly invisible. It's part of the Hero'es journey and all that trope. And that's why there's so many monster types in the game... the player can't kill the red dragons with fireballs either... it's not like that's said in the manual, but it still should be true, and they can attack it with them.

PS: islandking

Open stratagems.ini with notepad and change the following entry from 0 to 1:

AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items 0

This needs to be done before one installs SCS, as altering it after install has no effect... as the scripts have already been compiled. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Sorry for being a bit late to reply. Search scrlzz in another folder and drop into your override folder. It'll install.

If you get 'Out of Memory' issues, it seems to be when installing the component Smarter Priests. option 1 and 2 failed but option 3 worked for me(didn't try the next 2)

(this was a bws/eet/tactics install)

Thanks Hack, that worked like a charm!

Or, we could offer an option in enemies targeting, just like many other features:

• Make all enemies detect party status
  • Only a selected few are able to detect party status, randomize targeting of all others
  • Randomize all enemies targeting

I do not personally like this solution much because of its randomness.

Variety is welcome but to me this is still immersion breaking. Why would the AI be partly infallible and partly completely clueless?

The only good solution (form what DavidW said it is too complex and requires too much coding to work decently) would be to have the AI learn about party protections by making them first fail in their standard attacks and then learn from their mistake (if intelligent enough to do it).

From what I understand instead (someone correct me if I am wrong), the party has a short "grace period" under which the AI is not aware of all the protections. Afterwards the AI becomes omniscient.

Personally, I rather keep the AI "dumb" because I find it is still preferable to the default alternative.

Edited by Salk