We are waiting for a site update, hopefully sometime this week, so that we can arrange for a forum section for bug reporting that is an "opt-in" experience. I want folks to be able to make bug reports/comments/observations about the adult side of things as freely as they do about the majority of the mod.... without plastering a bunch of stuff into everyone's "new posts" that some folks might not like to see :)

I'll package up a working Beta 1 this weekend, and link it up regardless of bug report space; currently, everything in the project gets backed up to GitHub only after it has been installed, so technically if you download the entire source at https://github.com/cmorganbg/Aran-Whitehand you have a working Beta copy.

I test install, but most of the new materials added this week are not tested in-game, and i am adding to content on a pretty regular basis. If you decide to go ahead on your own before an official packaged Beta, you are wecome to - just make sure you change the line in the .tp2 that identifies it so that you will know (and I will know) what version you are working with!

In setup-aranw.tp2

find

VERSION ~Beta 1~

and change it to whatever the download date is, like this:

VERSION ~Brei's Beta, October 12, 2011~

Thank you for the quick response. I downloaded it but cannot find the setup file. Maybe I downloaded the wrong thing? I have all the files but no way to install them. Not sure what to do, help would be welcome

Edit: Nevermind I got it to work.

Heh. I should post up instructions on github! I'll do that.

CAVEAT - Lots of cool stuff, lots of fun, but a beta of a beta by any other name is an Alpha - the packaged one this weekend will have a few more tweaks and a little more content.

SECOND CAVEAT - there are no more caveats :). This is for fun, so help yourself at any time. The way I am developing things, nothing goes into the master copy on github until it test installs, but some stuff will not have been tested in-game. I'll gladly take any feedback you have, but with the more explicit stuff, please send me a PM until we have a real beta release and a working forum for that feedback.

...and, edits done to GitHub README file and to the master setup-aranw.tp2

Hello! I'm a fan of open development, and I am doing all this for fun, so no need to wait for me if you want to try it out, as long as you remember the following:

[*] I commit changes to this master only from a working install, so it should install fine on any given day, at any given time.

[*] HOWEVER, you are working with a non-released version, where some content has not been fully tested in-game.

[*] SO, for your own protection, make sure you edit the .tp2 as indicated below, especially with a date, so if you have an issue I can check it against the daily fixes and perhaps even come up with a fix for you.

[*] By the way, this mod has things in it in the female PC romance that may be... adult. They may be laughably funny, or just stupid, or perhaps just horrible fanfic sex, or you might even like some of it, but regardless, please use discretion when reporting stuff at G3. Some of our members might not appreciate details. PM me.

/* IF YOU ARE DOWNOADING FROM GITHUB, you need to do the following:

* 1. check to make sure everything is there,

* 2. edit the VERSION line found right below this message with your username and the date, so you have a way of knowing what "version" you have

* 3. copy another mod's setup-mymod.exe and rename it setup-aranw.exe

* 4. run that, and enjoy the mod. If you run into problems, find me at G3 or start an issue ticket on GitHub!

*/

Oh, and Brei, you are good to go for many hours of playing, but after you run out of friend talks and love talks, we will need to run a minor patch on your install.

For safety's sake, I only enable the .bcs stuff after the talk has been tested, and I have not played FriendTalks 13 and 14, so while they are in the dialog file, the code initiating them is still commented out . You can safely either edit these in in NI on C-ARAN.BCS or uncomment them in the file aranw\baf\c-aran.baf

turn lines 3211 and 3212 from

//   Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",24) // set up SoA_FT_13
 //   Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",26) // set up SoA_FT_14

to this:

Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",24) // set up SoA_FT_13
  Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",26) // set up SoA_FT_14

and

turn lines 3244 and 3245 from

//	Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",25)  // fire SoA_FT_13
//	Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",27)  // fire SoA_FT_14

to this:

Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",25)  // fire SoA_FT_13
Global("c-aranfriendbg2","GLOBAL",27)  // fire SoA_FT_14

That will allow the last two friend talks to play.

I am trying for a new one this weekend, and the integration of the bathing materials, so I will change that in the source this Saturday.

In the meantime, I am going to go try to dream up silly semi-flirtatious swimming sequences so that you have a few less jarring little lines when you go for a swim, and he suddenly just stands there yelling PLACEHOLDER. :)

Ack, you are temptation incarnate! I'll wait for the packaged one, but I sense much lovely purple prose in my immediate future. :) Great timing, too, since I need to run Haer'Dalis through a final beta - two birds and all that. :D

Ooh! A Beta??? Really soon, I hope!!! I've been waiting on this guy for AGES!!! *happy dance*

And Haer Dalis almost ready? My brain just might implode!

Archived