• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BigBadEvilDM

BigBadEvilDM
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Hello,
I've always wondered what exactly makes it wieldable only by Xan. What does the code actually check for?

I tried Use any item, still couldn't wield it. Several of the SoA personal items are wieldable if you meet some hidden stat requirements.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4793 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

There's a handful of items in BG1 hardcoded to certain users (as in coded within the .exe). The section looks something like this:

SCRL75 MISC86 MINSC MISC84 ALORA MISC88 EDWIN MISC89 XAN SW1H13 ELDOTH AROW14 MINSC MISC84 ALORA MISC88 EDWIN MISC89

It would've made sense to unhardcode (externalize) this in EE, but I don't know if they did this.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

There's a handful of items in BG1 hardcoded to certain users (as in coded within the .exe). The section looks something like this:

SCRL75 MISC86 MINSC MISC84 ALORA MISC88 EDWIN MISC89 XAN SW1H13 ELDOTH AROW14 MINSC MISC84 ALORA MISC88 EDWIN MISC89

It would've made sense to unhardcode (externalize) this in EE, but I don't know if they did this.

There is new opcode 319 Restrict Item (with the DV of the cre that can use it) and this is used for the new NPCs like Neera's personal staff.

Edited by Roxanne, 09 January 2018 - 07:03 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 BigBadEvilDM

BigBadEvilDM
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:51 AM

Don't own EE for BG2, and honestly prefer Tutu over EE for Baldurs gate 1.
Once turned Xan into a fighter/mage, upped his strength and gave him two moonblades. Was kinda fun ;)

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9434 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:50 AM

They did both for EE.

There is new opcode 319 Restrict Item (with the DV of the cre that can use it) and this is used for the new NPCs like Neera's personal staff - but they did not change the existing items/cre's.

Op 319 is mainly used in BG2EE; for BGEE we used item_use.2da for the NPC items. Either way, these have been softcoded.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#6 VictorKline

VictorKline
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:52 AM

Thanks for the tips!

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6557 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

Op 319 is mainly used in BG2EE; for BGEE we used item_use.2da for the NPC items. Either way, these have been softcoded.

Which one of these uses fewer system reserves ? Asking cause there has been reports of lag in the new games. Especially in the inventory screen !!!
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users