Interval Between SoA and ToB

Ishad Nha

Just to clarify - the initial codebase for IWD2 content in IWD-in-EET mod comes from dradiel's Polish mega mod compilation called World of Baldur's Gate. WoBG is not a weidu mod but a package with hundreds of mods for vanilla engine already pre-installed that you extract on top of BG2 (replacing TLK files etc.). In that project IWD2 has been already mostly ported but heavily integrated with resources that comes from other mega mods that are part of WoBG project. With author's permission I'm working on making it independent and compatible with EE engine.

@ALIENquake and @Roxanne: okay, you make good points about SoD.

From a modder's point of view, it will help a bit if SoD could be considered *canon* for EET. it makes continuity easier. But it is not a hard requirement - you can restrict SoD related stuff to optional contents (not ideal but possible) and same for IWD.

From personal experience I can say this is possible by treating SoD and IWD parts as additional mods - if your own mod finds it, the crossmod contents installs. One may put additional quests/banters/plot information into these parts that give players a deeper insight into the main story and some additional information but provide that you can still play everything without these parts.

Roxanne you have set yourself a hard task because your mod has such a large scope. (I respect that... but I don't envy you the task!) If you don't consider other quest mods as canon, then the player has periods of time when your NPC has little development. On the other hand, considering anything but the core game as a canon requirement means some players might not be able or willing to use your mod, since they don't want to use the underlying required mods.

I think almost no one else is facing this problem - your mod and it's scope/design are quite unique. Seems to me what you describe above is the best idea: treat content mods as separate and only give them optional Sandrah content. But it sounds like it's probably not easy to do...

I think almost no one else is facing this problem - your mod and it's scope/design are quite unique. Seems to me what you describe above is the best idea: treat content mods as separate and only give them optional Sandrah content. But it sounds like it's probably not easy to do...

Erhm how wrong you are... take SCS, IR, SR, and hundreds of other mods that change one aspect of a feature, kits what ever the cheese. If they won't check if any of those are present and just pour the yellow across the snow, no matter how artful it looks from a one side, it will look totally different from the other. With a nose in the snow. :rolleyes:

PS, there is nothing literal about this. So I wish you all the well and so forth.

Erhm how wrong you are... take SCS, IR, SR, and hundreds of other mods that change one aspect of a feature, kits what ever the cheese. If they won't check if any of those are present and just pour the yellow across the snow, no matter how artful it looks from a one side, it will look totally different from the other. With a nose in the snow. :rolleyes:

PS, there is nothing literal about this. So I wish you all the well and so forth.

Watch out where the huskies go

Don't you eat that yellow snow

(Could be a slogan for IWD)

Erhm how wrong you are... take SCS, IR, SR, and hundreds of other mods that change one aspect of a feature, kits what ever the cheese. If they won't check if any of those are present ...

Well, SCS, yeah, but I can't see anything else this applies to. If you mean adding kits won't make any characters in adventure mods use those kits... well yeah but that's always been true. How many Jesters do you fight in the vanilla game? Or Inquisitors or Bounty Hunters? How many enemies can see and disable the player's traps, the way we can disable theirs? Etc.

That kind of stuff has always been one-sided, mods don't change that.

In fact if any modders adding content would like to use anything from my modd, I'll go on record now as saying you are 100% authorized to use my stuff. Want to set a party of cutthroat Corsairs against the PC, with special feats like Knockdown or Parry? Want to set up an encounter where a Wizard Slayer, a Mage Hunter and a Monitor of Mystra are chasing down a renegade Spellfilcher? Be my guest. Contact me and I'll help you with the implementation.

You have a partial point... But:

How many enemies can see and disable the player's traps, the way we can disable theirs? Etc.

As many as there are non vanilla enemies that don't step into traps, by being immune to their effects, yeah, there thing with this, the number of those effects increases when you add more mods that add traps, and the immunity needs to grow. It's like making the player char with a kit that needs to be immune to all trap effects. There's a quite lot of them. But those can be done in two ways. Direct immunity or immunity to secondary type.

The kits are player only structure... after all you can be a little more creative and make enemies that are ... colored ponies. Call them Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash... and give them auras that cast Holy Smite/Unholy Blight. ... And then let them run around the player.

Archived