BG1NPC v23 Bug Thread

I don't think it's mod interference between BG1NPC and BG1UB. It sounds like the default (#0) transition actions were firing, even though you are choosing an alternative transition. I've added a trigger to the default transition to block it if the BG1NPC bandit caravan variable has been set. You can get it on GitHub:

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG1NPC/releases/tag/v23.3

This works fine in my tests of Kagain. With the bandit caravan variable set and unset, and with and without the fibula.

Flaming Spear +1:

• a display portrait icon effect (icon: Protection from Fire) is missing.
  • its speed factor should be 5 instead of 4 (enchantment is 1).

Elven Spear of Entanglement:

• Item Ability -> Movement Rate Bonus: attribute "Modifier Type" should be "Set" instead of "Set % of".
  • its Entangling effect should last for 24 seconds instead of 12 (as per item description).

Hello

Im still getting a ctd caused by Yeslick//Imoen banter when resting.

The banter completes then when the resting cut scene should play game crashes.

Kicking Yeslick out then resting bypasses the issue.

The bug fix list mentions this but its till happening.

Any idea what i've done wrong?

BGT, installed using BWS

Error message from log

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CGameEffect.cpp
Line: 1536

Exp: FALSE

Msg: no msg.
Run Debugger?

Any ideas?

BG:SoD v2.5 Standalone
Cloakwood Mines aren't showing up on my map after clearing the bandit camp and trying to use the Cloakwood Wyverns east border. Is it a mod conflict or a v23.3 issue? (And since the save game is being streamed: will I have to use the lua console to get into the Cloakwood Mines map now that I've accessed Cloakwood Wyverns?)

WeiDU.log:

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #30 // IWD Arcane Spell Pack: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #40 // IWD Divine Spell Pack: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #50 // IWD Bard Song: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Two Handed Axe Item Pack: Beta 5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Check for and fix incorrect spell animations: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #205 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 5: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Add expiration notifications for item buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #500 // Reveal all hidden doors: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #700 // Allow Spell Shield to block Wish Breach and Mordenkainen's Disjunction: v2.5
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v23.3
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: proto-7 171126
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: proto-7 171126
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: proto-7 171126

On 3/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, Guest Dima said:

Why is there no Russian translation? 

because in previous versions he was

I doubt "shouting" helps because there was no Russian translation included in the mod (see also my reply here). If you played BG1NPC with Russian translation, it must have been added by some Textpack.

If anyone can provide a Russian translation for v24, we'll happily include it.

On 3/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, pokota said:

BG:SoD v2.5 Standalone
Cloakwood Mines aren't showing up on my map after clearing the bandit camp and trying to use the Cloakwood Wyverns east border. Is it a mod conflict or a v23.3 issue? (And since the save game is being streamed: will I have to use the lua console to get into the Cloakwood Mines map now that I've accessed Cloakwood Wyverns?)

WeiDU.log:

Reveal hidden contents

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #30 // IWD Arcane Spell Pack: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #40 // IWD Divine Spell Pack: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #50 // IWD Bard Song: Beta 5
~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Two Handed Axe Item Pack: Beta 5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix Sunfire power levels: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Check for and fix incorrect spell animations: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #205 // Add spell school notifications to the combat log -> All spells with a casting time greater than 5: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #300 // Add expiration notifications for buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #600 // Add expiration notifications for item buffs: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #500 // Reveal all hidden doors: v2.5
~JIMFIX/SETUP-JIMFIX.TP2~ #0 #700 // Allow Spell Shield to block Wish Breach and Mordenkainen's Disjunction: v2.5
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #18 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in Gullykin: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v23.3
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v23.3
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #500 // Randomly replace the WIS tome normally found in TotSC with one of the 6 available types: proto-7 171126
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #530 // Randomise scrolls: proto-7 171126
~RANDOMISER/RANDOMISER.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Randomise items -> Mode 1: Randomise with in-game scripts. No items are lost: proto-7 171126

With BGEE v2.5, the scripting for the Chapter 3->4 transition changed, breaking the "Open Cloakwood Early" component of BG1NPC. Use the Tweaks Anthology component instead.

Bug report (v23.3):
found a loop in a dialog of Coran starts with this line:
@37   = ~<CHARNAME>, you step out of a bloodbath on the carpet of rose hips, naked and tender. Your foe's blood could be flower petals clinging to your body enviously, or a sensual pattern drawn in henna dye by a frivolous hand, or claret spilled in abandon, enticing a thirsty mouth to drink of it...~ [CORANB]
to
@57   = ~I never saw anyone in whom love and death are so intermingled, and so... seductive. Carnage turns into a thrill in your presence. You have shown me the new meaning of love, which I but guessed at previously. When I loved the strongest, I found myself on the brink of death, almost, in pain from pleasure. Now I know why.~

If I keep choosing the following reply:
@54   = ~You sound insane, Coran, and that gleam in your eyes puts me ill at ease.~

Coran keeps returning line @57 with the same reply options.

Guest Rotten

Hi. I'm playing BGEE without SoD & BG1 NPC project is the only mod I have installed. 

I'm ~20 hours in and used accelerated banters. I guess my NPCs used up all their dialogues so I have decided to switch some party members. Khalid/Jaheira got out, Viconia and Ajantis got in. Still, few hours into I still don't get dialogues between NPCs. I do get Dynaheir romance and Viconia talks but guys just don't talk to each other. Is there any simple way to force next banter?

Hello I have an issue installing The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections component. I used a fresh install and installed these in the order EE Mod Setup have set:

1. WeiDu 64-bit
  2. EE Mod Fixpack
  3. DLC Merger
  4. Drizzt Saga
  5. BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
  6. The Stone of Askavar
  7. BG1 NPC Project

I'm getting this at the install: 

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bg1npc/phase2/dlg/x#kagqst_ee.d] LEXER ERROR at line 123 column 1-79
Near Text: -
    invalid character [-]
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/bg1npc/phase2/dlg/x#kagqst_ee.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [bg1npc/phase2/dlg/x#kagqst_ee.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 512 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 10.
Uninstalled    512 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 10.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG and look for support at: The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
Automatically Skipping [The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections] because of error.
Using Language [English]

SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG

Hi, I'm using this version, v23.3 , and I still get the bug where Winski's demon spawns neutral.

What's worse, when I kill the demon and accidentally also Winski (happened once because of Holy Smite, and when I tried again, always one of the confused party members strikes him down), Winski's death leads to a reputation loss of 10. That's a disaster for my strictly roleplayed paladin.

I suppose the rep loss is from the vanilla version? I mean, I didn't want to kill him, but if somebody  summons a demon to kill me, I shouldn't have to lose 10 reputation if he bites the grass...

Very frustrating, I was doing a minimal reload and wasn't supposed to reload other than on character death. 

Any reply whether this outcome was intentional or not would be helpful. Thank you!

(I have posted the same issue in the beamdog forums, but I only found a v24 beta thread, so probably it's better here)

Edited: I have no other mod installed. 

Edited by Arvia
Forgot to mention

@Kirussen This error message is because for some reason the detection of the correct dialogue state number for the Brilla-Skie interjection didn't work and the number returned by STATE_WHICH_SAYS is probably still "-1" which doesn't make sense for the installer. Which version are you playing? All I can offer is to attach a x#kagqst_ee.d  which hopefully doesn't give this error message either by skiping this interjection or by making it more stable (albeit I have no idea how to do the latter currently).

@Arvia Are you referring to the imp Ichthraa or is there another demon Winski conjurs? Which game are you on?

I am confused, because: -either the mod uses game ressources (for the imp e.g. the imp01.cre from BGII -> is ENEMY upon spawn.) If not present, it takes qa mod-added cre -> is ENEMY upon spawn.

For the quest/romance Winskie, the mod uses the existent winski.cre -> has class MAGE, not innocent. The ingame winski2.cre is the one for the original game encounters and is INNOCENT, so it would mean the scene you are describing is happening with the original cre.file. I'd need a bit more info on this. What is Winski's last line before he conjurs the demon?