Quicksave and autosave issue

Kavroz

Hi there.

First of all thanks for this great mod. As a huge fan of WoBG, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

So far everything seems to work fine and stable.

I do have one problem tho.

Quicksave and autosave is not working. Game is not creating anything in save folder.
I have no autosaves after changing locations, and when I press quicksave button, nothing is happening.
That is really odd, cause i still can save game manually and it works perfect.
Any ideas how to fix this?
And what files do You need from me?

I will apriciate any help.

Cheers

what is the language you are using. We had such problem in Polish version of TLK files which made quick and auto saves not working due to spaces in translated strings (or maybe it was due to Polish characters or something like that). If you are not using English language try making save on vanilla BG2:EE without any mods and see what happens.

If above is not the case than check out svename.2da (located in override directory). It should have these 2 rows:

0        103049   0        1
1        103050   7        1

if the last column has value 0 than this may explain the problem.

Savename.2da has those valuse.

Im not using rough world.

I'm using a polish version of the game tho.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?

edit:
Changing language helped, Both autosave and quick save work in English, Italian and Spanish version of the game but not in Polish.

than this is the problem. I was talking exactly about Polish version of TLK files. Same thing would happen in unmodded vanilla BG2:EE. Did you use this package for Polish translation? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/BG2EE_PL.7z

If you downloaded translation from SHS or any other place than you're using outdated package that my have this problem. Unfortunately download section on SHS seems to be broken and I can't remove that mod or update it (or at least that was the case the last time I've tried). And viader is missing in action to update topic on Beamdog forum that still points to wrong mod...

Unfortunately it's not possible to install newer TLK files if you already installed mods - it must be done before everything else, including EET. You can however fix the save problem manually via Near Infinity:

1. Download NI: https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases

2. Options -> TLK language -> Polski

3. Search -> StringRef... -> StringRef: 103049 (press enter to move into it) -> Edit -> Ok -> change string to 000000000-Autozapis

4. As above but for string 103050 -> 000000001-Szybki-zapis

than this is the problem. I was talking exactly about Polish version of TLK files. Same thing would happen in unmodded vanilla BG2:EE. Did you use this package for Polish translation? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/BG2EE_PL.7z

If you downloaded translation from SHS or any other place than you're using outdated package that my have this problem. Unfortunately download section on SHS seems to be broken and I can't remove that mod or update it (or at least that was the case the last time I've tried). And viader is missing in action to update topic on Beamdog forum that still points to wrong mod...

Unfortunately it's not possible to install newer TLK files if you already installed mods - it must be done before everything else, including EET. You can however fix the save problem manually via Near Infinity:

1. Download NI: https://github.com/Argent77/NearInfinity/releases

2. Options -> TLK language -> Polski

3. Search -> StringRef... -> StringRef: 103049 (press enter to move into it) -> Edit -> Ok -> change string to 000000000-Autozapis

4. As above but for string 103050 -> 000000001-Szybki-zapis

It worked! Thanks mate!

Altough I had to change flag from "none" to "has text" and its working now and i don't have to install all of the mods again.

Thank You very much.

Archived