Help with Finishing and Installing a Custom Kit Mod

Fochmarc

I've been going through the steps at CamDawg's tutorial, and I think I've pretty much finished the TP2 file, but I'm not sure how to go about actually installing the mod to make it selectable in game. I have WeiDU installed, but when I load it up, I just get this:

http://imgur.com/1E9Z0AR

Here's the TP2 I'm using, in case there's anything wrong with it:

BACKUP ~WarriorMonk/backup~ // so WeiDU can uninstall
AUTHOR ~removed@gmail.com~ // contact address displayed if installation fails
BEGIN ~Warrior Monk Kit~
ADD_KIT_EE ~WarMonk~
~WarMonk 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 3 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 3 3 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 3 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 9 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 15 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 13 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
~WarMonk 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarriorMonk/CLABFI01.2DA~
~K_F_E K_F_H K_F_HE~
~0x00100000~
~FT0~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~WARRIOR-MONK: Warrior-Monks are guided by the principals of order and protection. Typically a Warrior-Monk fights in defense of an ideal or individual, though some will join a larger group of adventurers on behalf of a region or race of people.~
How does the TP2 know which stronghold, etc. to draw from? Does that come from the kit line: ~K_F_E K_F_H K_F_HE~?
Thanks for any help!

You need to download an up to date weidu.exe to install a kit... the latest non beta version is up here, v23900. It's the Windows Binary, it's a .zip archive that contains other stuff too, but you are just intrested in the weidu.exe that you'll rename to be the setup-WarrriorMonk.exe ... and you need to have the .exe ran in the game directory, not in the desktop ...

How does the TP2 know which stronghold, etc. to draw from? Does that come from the kit line: ~K_F_E K_F_H K_F_HE~?

It comes from the kits usability flag you failed to include, you have a part of it, but it needs to be not just ~0x00100000~ but ~0x00100000 x~ where the x is the class flag.

The x can be any of these:

1 MAGE
2 FIGHTER
3 CLERIC
4 THIEF
5 BARD
6 PALADIN
7 FIGHTER_MAGE
8 FIGHTER_CLERIC
9 FIGHTER_THIEF
10 FIGHTER_MAGE_THIEF
11 DRUID
12 RANGER
13 MAGE_THIEF
14 CLERIC_MAGE
15 CLERIC_THIEF
16 FIGHTER_DRUID
17 FIGHTER_MAGE_CLERIC
18 CLERIC_RANGER
19 SORCERER
20 MONK
21 SHAMAN

The 21, of course only if you install it to an EE game that has the class. And also, the 7-10 & 13-18 only apply if the characters class matches the kits assigned value... which will take it's own thing to apply, as the multi/dual.classes can't naturally gain kits.

Also to gain access to the kit in the EE games character creation, you need to use the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa -function to extend the EE's additional .2da files, as shown here, as the Cam's tutorial was made years ago and it doesn't contain this info (yet).

Also to gain access to the kit in the EE games character creation, you need to use the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa -function to extend the EE's additional .2da files, as shown here, as the Cam's tutorial was made years ago and it doesn't contain this info (yet).

So I've added that .tpa to the Game Directory with the rest of the files (thanks for that, I don't know why I didn't think of it), and modified the setup.TP2 thusly:

BEGIN ~Warrior Monk Kit~
INCLUDE ~WarriorMonk/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~
ADD_KIT_EE ~WarMonk~
Now when I run the WeiDU installer (named appropriately), it definitely tries to install but it fails the parser with this message:
I'm sure it's something silly that I'm missing, but I can't see it.

Copy paste the current code...

Also it might be better to leave the large characters out, so the whole code:

AUTHOR ~cottenja@gmail.com~ // contact address displayed if installation fails
BEGIN ~Warrior Monk Kit~

ADD_KIT ~waronk~
~waronk                   1           1           1           1           1           0           0           0~
~waronk   0 3 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 3 3 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 3 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~waronk   0       9       0       0       0       0~
~waronk   0       0       0       0       0       0~
~waronk   0       15      0       0       0       0~
~waronk   0       13      0       0       0       0~
~waronk   1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1~
~waronk   0       0       0       0       0       0~
~K_F_E K_F_H K_F_HE~
~0x00100000 2~
~FT0~
~CHAN09 * HELM07 * RING22 * * BOOT01 AMUL21 * BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 * * *~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~WARRIOR-MONK: Warrior-Monks are guided by the principals of order and protection.  Typically a Warrior-Monk fights in defense of an ideal or individual, though some will join a larger group of adventurers on behalf of a region or race of people.~
We'll first make it a fighter, then we'll adjust that... the waronk is just the kits encoding name.

Copy paste the current code...

BEGIN ~Warrior Monk Kit~
ADD_KIT ~WarMonk~
~WarMonk 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 3 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 3 3 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 3 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 9 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 15 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 0 13 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
~WarMonk 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~K_f_E K_F_H K_F_HE~
~0x00100000 2~
~FT0~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~WARRIOR-MONK: Warrior-Monks are guided by the principals of order and protection. Typically a Warrior-Monk fights in defense of an ideal or individual, though some will join a larger group of adventurers on behalf of a region or race of people.~
EDIT: The directory also includes the WeiDU.exe, renamed to setup-WarriorMonk.exe, the CLABFI01.2DA, and the fl#add_kit_ee.tpa, all loose in the C:\Program Files\Baldurs Gate folder.

What OS do you have ?

Cause it could be that the windows prevent you from editing the files you copied for idiot security reasons, which is why you always get the same error message.

If you have Windows XP, Vista or 7, you need to install the game outside the Program Files folder, and if you have Windows 10, then you need to install the game in the user folders here:

C:\Users\windowsusername\Games\Baldurs Gate\ ...

Erhm, do you have the the WarriorMonk -folder any where there, cause the INCLUDE -line could fail if you didn't create the folder and add the .tpa file there...

as the picture shows the file in the game folder, not the mod folder.

....I'm retarded, I swear to god. I had it coded for a file structure and then just dumped everything into the install folder without the housing folder.

OKAY. Which would be better, removing the WarMonk/ section of the file location and leaving everything in the root of the game directory, or putting it all back in the seperate WarMonk folder. Do I have to do anything special with the setup-WarriorMonk.exe if I put the mod files in a seperate folder, or can it stay in the root of the game directory too?

As for the OS, it's Win7, but I'm not sure I follow. You're suggesting moving the game directory out of Program Files entirely, maybe to the root of C, and running everything there? That's no problem, but would it impact anything else? What all needs to be moved?

OKAY. Which would be better, removing the WarMonk/ section of the file location and leaving everything in the root of the game directory, or putting it all back in the seperate WarMonk folder. Do I have to do anything special with the setup-WarriorMonk.exe if I put the mod files in a seperate folder, or can it stay in the root of the game directory too? problem, but would it impact anything else? What all needs to be moved?

The file structure needs to just reflect the one in the .tp2 file... so the CLABFI01.2DA and fl#add_kit_ee.tpa -files are in the said folder, nothing huge. And you can place the tp2 file there too. But that's not necessary.

It's better to have the files in the mod folder as then you can make a mod out of them. By just making an .zip archive out of the folder and the setup-modname.exe .

Forget about the OS thing for now... as that's probably not the root of the problem.

OKAY. Which would be better, removing the WarMonk/ section of the file location and leaving everything in the root of the game directory, or putting it all back in the seperate WarMonk folder. Do I have to do anything special with the setup-WarriorMonk.exe if I put the mod files in a seperate folder, or can it stay in the root of the game directory too? problem, but would it impact anything else? What all needs to be moved?

The file structure needs to just reflect the one in the .tp2 file... so the CLABFI01.2DA and fl#add_kit_ee.tpa -files are in the said folder, nothing huge. And you can place the tp2 file there too. But that's not necessary.

It's better to have the files in the mod folder as then you can make a mod out of them. By just making an .zip archive out of the folder and the setup-modname.exe .

Forget about the OS thing for now... as that's probably not the root of the problem.

Aaaaand now we're getting somewhere. It's asking me if I want to install the Warrior Monk component, but it has a problem with the 25STWEAP.2DA additions.

http://imgur.com/a/0u3Cu

Uuh, yeah, sorry, my above code didn't count the fact that the fact that this is a BG1EE game, as the ToB takes this:

~CHAN09 * HELM07 * RING22 * * BOOT01 AMUL21 * BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 * * *~

But in BG1EE it should only be:

~~

As noted in the file:

2DA V1.0
  DO NOT USE TOB 
So the whole thing ends up as:

BEGIN ~Warrior Monk Kit~
ADD_KIT ~WarMonk~
~WarMonk                   1           1           1           1           1           0           0           0~
~WarMonk   0 3 0 0 3 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 3 3 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 0 0 3 3 3 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
~WarMonk   0       9       0       0       0       0~
~WarMonk                   0       0       0       0       0       0~
~WarMonk   0   15      0       0       0       0~
~WarMonk   0       13      0       0       0       0~
~WarMonk   1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1~
~WarMonk                   0       0       0       0       0       0~
        ~K_f_E K_F_H K_F_HE~
~0x00100000 2~
~FT0~
~~
SAY ~warrior-monk~
SAY ~Warrior-Monk~
SAY ~WARRIOR-MONK: Warrior-Monks are guided by the principals of order and protection.  Typically a Warrior-Monk fights in defense of an ideal or individual, though some will join a larger group of adventurers on behalf of a region or race of people.~

Archived