Giants -4 THAC0 VS halflings seems to be missing...

Heya!!

Playing BGEE, I was trying to check which files govern the racial traits (some are 2da tables others I've no idea, for example what file sets the charm+sleep innate resist for elves and half-elves, can anyone tell me?)

So I went to see how atweaks added racial traits, giants penalties vs dwarves and gnomes appears to be done editing every giant creature and adding a -4 VS the race.ids match. The Atweaks component claims to be fully compatble with BG2 fixpack component "Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes".

Anyway, noticed the giants currently had only penalties versus dwarves (via use EFF file RR#DWRT) and gnomes (via use EFF file RR#GNRT), so went and installed BG2 fixpack component mentioned previously on top of Atweaks (since it claimed to be compatible).

Still, after installing, no change was made to the creatures?¿ Backup folder for BG2 fixpack component 106 is empty (except for a few mod added indexed files).

So unless this component adds the change by a very different method, I assume the -4 of giants vs halflings is missing when applied over atweaks.

Is here the right place to report? Or make a link in Atweaks leading to this topic? Or am I wrong and missed something??

Thanks for the mod and for dedication to the games!! :)

There are four main weapons used by giants in the game--giants01, giafir, giafir2, giafir3. Each one gets three EFFs (giant1, giant2, giant3) that add THAC0 penalties for dwarves, gnomes, and halflings.

We did it this way because, going first in the stack as Fixpack does, it's hard to find a solution that will propagate out to the mods that follow. If I were doing this in a late-install-order mod I'd add the penalties directly to the creature files since it could be made more universal.

Archived