Edwin doesn't show up in SOD

I arrived Coast Way crossing (CH8 first map) yesterday; I've recruited Glint & Baeloth.

However, Edwin doesn't show up. Is this because i killed him in BG1EE?

In BG1EE, i took Edwin & Minsc to rescue Dynaheir. Then i back Minsc & Dynaheir and Edwin pissed off and gone.

I met him later in Spider forest with other Red Wizards and i slaughtered them all.

I arrived Coast Way crossing (CH8 first map) yesterday; I've recruited Glint & Baeloth.

However, Edwin doesn't show up. Is this because i killed him in BG1EE?

In BG1EE, i took Edwin & Minsc to rescue Dynaheir. Then i back Minsc & Dynaheir and Edwin pissed off and gone.

I met him later in Spider forest with other Red Wizards and i slaughtered them all.

It is the continuous NPC feature of EET. If they are dead they do not re-appear. generally,

However, Imoen and Edwin are special cases since the BG2 plot later requires them. So, Edwin will be in Mae'Var's guild for his role there - but not in SoD.

Understood, thanks!! I guess that this rule does not apply to all NPCs correct?

For example, Khalid is somewhat critical in the story of SOD. Even if he died in BG1, he still shows up in SOD correct?

And some NPC is not critical for the main story, but is critical in some scenes; Like Rasaad, Tiax, Garrick & Safana...

These NPC will show up even if they die in BG1 correct?

Understood, thanks!! I guess that this rule does not apply to all NPCs correct?

For example, Khalid is somewhat critical in the story of SOD. Even if he died in BG1, he still shows up in SOD correct?

And some NPC is not critical for the main story, but is critical in some scenes; Like Rasaad, Tiax, Garrick & Safana...

These NPC will show up even if they die in BG1 correct?

Of those you listed, only, Rasaad is a continuous NPC and he should not appear in SoD or BG2 if he died before.

Khalid is a plot figure in SoD, so he will be there.

However, ... Edwin are special cases since the BG2 plot later requires them. So, Edwin will be in Mae'Var's guild for his role there - but not in SoD.

What plot REQUIRES Edwin ? You mean the dialog with him that points you a random fact about another guild house in the same district, which could be placed at the same room(in the locker behind Edwin) if he is dead, and it's in a non-main necessary quest line. How that REQUIRES eDWIN is a mystery to me. It's like saying that the BG2 plot REQUIRES Viconia to be alive, so the witch can be burned at the stake. Or Montaron, so Xvar can talk to the PC. Or Khalid to be there so Jaheira can morn him. Or Minsc because ... ouh wait a minute, he definitely was not in my main party, during it's exit into the next portion of the adventure. And tell me again how does Imoen survive my backstab of her the tenth time ? Remember she can't get resurrected cause she would loose her soul, which is why Irenicus made her to be taken to the Spellhold in the first place.

All of those sound very conniving, because they are.

Finally, i've reached BG2EE today. However, after Maevar asked me to go the third floor and meet Edwin, he didn't show up... I guess we have a problem here...

Luckily, i can "summoned" him by using console code and everything is fine afterward.

Using console, what did you do, CreateCreature("Edwin7") ? Which was Edwin when he was in party?

Do you have a savegame of it, with a situation before you created Edwin?

There were some reports about something similar happening with Imoen if she got chunked dead n BG1, she could not spawn later. I never saw this reported with Edwin though. If I remember, K4thos fixed this for Imoen in EET, maybe he forgot Edwin...

Edited by Roxanne

I summoned him by "CreateCreature("EDWIN") ". I guess it is the wrong edwin because the one i summoned disappear immediately and the "correct" one appeared very soon after; I can talk with him, it is the correct conversation.

You can download the save file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HAXq_wDNgpOA2AtxjZwCpBiK3f5jhOuV

You may try this repaired save version

000000052-12Repair.zip