Tutorial Index and Forum Guidelines

Via Weidu or to your own area? http://www.simpilot.net/~sc/dltcep/ - "Containers" section deals with adding stuff to your own area; if you want to do it in an existing area via patching, I recommend stealing code from BG2 Tweaks:

- Add Misc Bags of Holding component adds items to the stores, and

- Exotic Items Pack adds items to areas/loot/containers.

<s>Okay, here's an answer to your question in short.</s> BG2Tweaks adds a short script to the area in question:

IF

Global("CDNinjaTo","MYAREA",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("CDNinjaTo","MYAREA",1)

ActionOverride("Container1",CreateItem("SW1H48",0,0,0))

END

I am totally not sure about IWD2 - about the only mod I know for this game would be IWD2 NPC, but maybe trying the above action(or just adding it to a store, or to a quest-giver, after all) might work.

Edited by Kulyok

The links can be a bit confusing, since every link to BWL automatically redirects to an annoying ad for some Unity-Engine-looking Baldur's Gate Wannabe game.

It's not immediately obvious, but there is a counter above the ad, and after ~10 seconds you can click a hyperlink to go where you were originally supposed to go.

The whole thing is very user-unfriendly. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the quality of that game...

Which links aren't working? I was able to access the forum topic at BWL and the linked reservation page.

The links can be a bit confusing, since every link to BWL automatically redirects to an annoying ad for some Unity-Engine-looking Baldur's Gate Wannabe game.

It's not immediately obvious, but there is a counter above the ad, and after ~10 seconds you can click a hyperlink to go where you were originally supposed to go.

The whole thing is very user-unfriendly. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the quality of that game...

This is the problem, I had no idea it was just an ad I thought it was the page itself. Thanks guys!

I'd say that disqualifies BWL from being the official host of the reservation list

Hm, a very valid discussion. Does any official G3 still have a login at BWL or Baronius' Email address to ask him to take the add down for the prefix list? (I got the add every time I went there).

I'm not sure how active things are anyway as I still haven't had an email confirmation of my forum registration yet.

This is the bigger issue. Fact is:

- the EEs are a thing, they aren't going away

- a lot of players are buying the EEs instead of the original game

- a bunch of people are starting to make mods and make them specifically for the EEs (because they don't own the original game)*

...Is it a good idea to put Vlad between them and getting a modder prefix?

*and we won't even get into the issue of whether the EE engine is actually better for modders

Edited by subtledoctor