Can't install on BG2EE (in the right forum this time)

I'm on Windows 10 and got the game through GOG. I've tried a few times to install, but it won't so I decided to take the advice given and post here. I'm kind of a moron though so I'm not too sure how is best to attach the debug file since it's 3x the max size allowed.

This is the error message I get as it rolls back, hope that helps.

MSECTYPE.2DA [spellShield] already present! Skipping!

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR: cannot convert spellshieldheader_0 or %spellshieldheader_0% to an integer

ERROR: [spwi519.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 193 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.

Uninstalled 193 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.

ERROR: Not_found

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Using Language [English]

Posted in SCSII originally. Like I said, I'm a moron, sorry.

WeiDU.log

I actually misspoke - CDTweaks *is* supposed to be installed right before Stratagems. :jump: Your current install order seems fine, although it would depend on what you have after that to know for certain.

However, the point about the Big Fixpack is still valid. It has a lot of critical compatibility updates.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I recommended BWS mostly because you use very outdated Ascension v1.5 BETA_20160601. Grab last one here: https://github.com/BigWorldProject/Ascension/archive/master.zip

And I don't know is it recommended to use BG2Fixpack's components on BG2EE. Also some of the mods have different versions specifically for EE.

In short, BWS will help you to avoid problems other players already had and fixed.

I.. and I don't use FixPack anymore... t

Have you ever actually used it ? Asking cause, I think you have not ... and so your statement should reflect that .. that's the BW Fixpack, by the way. Yeah, the BG2EE doesn't need the (G3)BG2Fixpack cause it's not made for it. I will be made from it ... cause the EE's incorporate it to the game, and thus the approved patch changes would get reflected back to the vanilla non-EE games.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola