Photo

IWD Tweakpack - Bag of Holding issue

1 reply to this topic

#1 sundragons9

sundragons9
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

So I recently installed my old IWD, IWD-HOW and added the Trials to it, on a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.  Also installed any patches. 

Anyway, I installed the tweak pack but Orrick the Grey still doesn't offer the Bag of Holding.  Do I need to be further in the game for him to have it offered?  Right now, I'm finishing up the Vale. 

If It's because of Windows 7 & administrator permissions junk, I'll unpack my PC (getting ready to move) and hook it all up just to play this as it's been on my mind for a few months now.

#2 grogerson

grogerson

Blithering Idiot and BG1 Tweaks Scavanger

• Modders
  • 784 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:38 AM

If you've installed to the default directory (C:\Program Files\...) then yes, it's Win 7's insane protections. Best to install to something like C:\Games\... to avoid it.

Another possibility - did you install the mod *after* visiting Orrick? If so then the tweak won't take.

It is an outrage that they should be commonly spoken of as Intellectuals. This gives them the chance to say that he who attacks them attacks Intelligence. It is not so. . . . It is not excess of thought but defect of fertile and generous emotion that marks them out. Their heads are no bigger than the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them seem so.

And all the time, such is the tragi-comedy of our situation, we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. . . . In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.

C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users