Photo

BG2:EE - Unfinished Business, Almateria's RP, SC Stratagems, W.Tactics, far right difficulty slider (insane)

38 replies to this topic

#1 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:27 AM

After BG:EE walk-through (with SCS pre-installed) I realized that BG-series is not so bad as I tough before. So I decided to drop off some days from my life, and that mean I must to cross off Baldur's Gate 2 : Enhanced Edition.
It was not so easy to obtain that game , in my case...

But I have a crazy problems in beginning of the modes installation process until I received help from users of gibberlings3.net forum. I think without this help the modes will never be installed (and probably the game maybe be deleted in brasher strike of my anger because of modes installation issues :mad: ). I addition Big World Mod manager is not working on my machine. :(
So thanx again for saving my nerves system.
But I have no illusions, in the game process will be many bugs ....

Baldur's Gate : Enhanced Edition v1,3

Unfinished Business: almost all except restored items , and interfering components.
Spoiler

Almateria's Restoration Project: some stuff uninstalled - items.
Spoiler

Sword Coast Stratagems: almost all components installed with hardest setting, except 'deleting ammunition from boxes up to +2' .
Spoiler

Installation process took over two hours..

Tactics for BG2EE - version alpha v66: many stuff did not installed because of interfering with SCS.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have doubt that all this stuff will work as suggested... Whatever.

I have some pain with transporting my generated character from BG:EE to BG2:EE.. But at last game is started.

The Avatar's Initial Characteristics. Stats
Spoiler

I wont to make party like that: MAGE-DIVINER, FIGHTER 'crushing damage shielded anti-archer (Jaheira) in the previous game', FIGHTER 'slashing damage front-liner, maybe axe proficient, maybe sword proficient (like Khalid in BG:EE), THIEF 'scout with invisibility, lock-opener, trap-disarmer (that was Imoen)', HEALER , ARCHER .
But I doubt that I will make something like it. Because I will take characters into party by their alignment and quests regardless their efficiency ...
Any advices to make game more enjoyable will be appreciated. But LESS of spoilers please.

The little manual that I will create maybe would help to a some players.
If I will hardly stuck somewhere, somehow, sometime in the game maybe I just drop off the game into the dusty bookshelf , and forgot about it at least for a some time :p.

I will describe some battles in the game, but not quests walkthrough or something that can have additional spoilers.
Of course I will fully exploring all of the locations that I will found and if I found something interesting there I will describe it in the manual, but I can miss many things because I will nit use any of walkthrough guides (I will use walkthrough guides only if I will stuck because of a game bug, like that was in BG:EE the Durlag's Tower 3rd lower level.... but applying to the direct alone place in the game).

P.S. Yeah... Yeah. My English is horrible :p

Edited by frostysh, 12 February 2016 - 03:29 AM.

"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."
- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#2 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

SCS 6024 (all eligible spellcasters get HLAs) will be extremely hard in BG2.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

Pay attention to enemy spellcasters, you can learn a lot by watching enemy casting scripts. BG1 was a low-magic game, BG2 is where magic rules and mages can become the most powerful of characters, but also the most dangerous enemies.

#4 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Underground Jail-laboratory. (the pictures within a spoiler)
Spoiler

So I just finished first dungeon in the game. I have more positive impression from the first part of the Baldur's Gate saga then from second.
  • How I can change zoom in cut-scenes? Because with this zoom it is hard to obtain a detailed picture of what the hell happening on the screen...
  • How to manage the dark text on the light background rather then default white-on-black style for ta' dialogues, spell descriptions and the end-chapters cinematic...??? Like in journals, will be cool that 'book' style interface.
  • How to change the default user interface color scheme??? Maybe that is Gothic style GUI is a cool, but dark-grey highway with scratches makes me feels little bit deception ... Even horrible UI from the first BG:EE was not so bad compare to this one. I need a more warming colors, maybe top side of GUI must be sunflower like warm color , and the bottom of GUI must be like a deep blue sea - this is comparing to the 'Sister of Light and Darkness' stuff.
I trying to start 'Near Infinity' to do the mentioned above applications but for now I have no success, at least on the my friend's WiNOS. Maybe I should use Linux instead?
And in addition to that I have hell no idea how to use that 'NI' good that this forum has a lot of manuals, maybe it is will be useful for me.

As for the game processes itself. It is not so bad as I expect but the except some developer's changes with NPC that is makes me but-heart :cry: .
First dungeon was very easy except the point that you can not rest there.
I do not know what is that 'High Level Abilities' exactly is, buuuut' really , I do not care about it, at least for now :p.
Yeah , from the first part of the saga some an evil magicians was not so bad in the battles (especially when they protected by fighters...) but another creatures was more powerful. Will shall see what is going on in this part of the BG saga.

The Party building:

The game developers completely ruined all of the my own planes and strategies to the consistence of a party in the beginning of a game.
SO my fairytale is destroyed and I need to manage a completely new party. And maybe I need some advices because as I remember from the BG1:EE the earlier you can obtain the core party members - the better, I do not want done half of a game with one party member and then switch to another...
But I have doubt that I can found party member that I need early in the BG2:EE, because I remember BG1:EE .... :(

I think my party will be like that: the mage, fighter with blunt weapon + shield, fighter with slashing two-handed weapon (maybe Axe...), crossbow man, thief traps finder - locks opener, and monk maybe (I look to the 'purchased' content and I have found Rashaad there, that Rashaad from bg1).
Also maybe I will manage to switch the fighter with slashing weapon to the some dual-class thief with ability to detect an illusions.
Of course fighters must have 4-5 slots proficiencies in the weapon that I need.

So I need little bit of advices in what direction I need to lead my party first to find that heroes?? All of them must be a GOOD/NEUTRAL alignment of course. And less of the spoilers please.

THIEF - BOUNTY HUNTER trap finder - open locker/perfect scout I already have (that chines dude NPC looks not so bad, and maybe I will left him)
All others I will dismiss, I think, because they had too many sufferings and need to rest awhile. In additional to that, destroying the evil plans of the overpowered mad an evil mage it is a job that must to be done with a cold head. :p.

Ahh.. Yes I forgot about the DRUID , the party is need a DRUID because who the hell will heal the uncountable number of the wounds , the diseases , the curses and so on , that I have no doubt, the party members will find...

Thanx for the answers.
"The monstrous evils of the twentieth century have shown us that the greediest money grubbers are gentle doves compared with money-hating wolves like Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler, who in less than three decades killed or maimed nearly a hundred million men, women, and children and brought untold suffering to a large portion of mankind."
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
- Steven Weinberg

#5 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:15 AM

Don't worry, most of the NPCs can be found in the city, just explore a bit. In general, they are less NPCs in BG2, but they are better developed and have their own backstories and quests. Athkatla is much bigger in content the Baldur's Gate (just be aware that you might encounter enemies that will be too high level for your party and you might need to retreat).

You can drop Jaheira and Minsc, they are not necessary for the plot (and you can always pick them up again anyway, unless your reputation was really low when you kicked them out). Keep the thief, he has an interesting story to tell later in game. ;)

As for healing and protection spells - clerics are better suited for this role than druids, but considering you're playing a mage yourself, you can afford to have both in your part. That way you'll have access to all the spells in game.

#6 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

Don't worry, most of the NPCs can be found in the city, just explore a bit. {...}
You can drop Jaheira and Minsc, they are not necessary {...} Keep the thief, he has an interesting story to tell later in game. ;)

{...} but considering you're playing a mage yourself, you can afford to have both in your part. That way you'll have access to all the spells in game.

Tat' is really good, that I can found most NPC in the town and decide whom I will take in a core party!
I will not 'drop' RANGER and FIGHTER/DRUID, and they are necessary , but rather I will send them to rest awhile from destroying the evil plans of that mad mage... because of their suffering.
And Mincs have restored quest from installed mode something about his space hamster.

Neat . I think in my party will by only MAGE-DIVINER and DRUID (I hope Jaheria not only one druid in this game, from BG1:EE I remember Felborn - crazy female druid, maybe she will be in this part of saga..). GOOD/NEUTRAL Alignment FIGHTER with ability to +++++ in Blunt weapon will be perfect, and GOOD/NEUTRAL CROSSBOWMAN ('The Army Scythe +1' and 'Bolts of Lightning' was very useful in BG1:EE).

Athkatla. Waukeen's Pomerande District
Spoiler

I need to modify that GUI for BG2:EE by myself! Because no stupid GUI mod exist, and my eyes will be destroyed soon with existing GUI :mad:
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#7 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

There is another druid, but outside the city (naturally).  If you speak to NPCs near the city gates you will eventually find your way.

Here are two other BG2EE GUIs you can try:  https://forums.beamd...edition-v1-0/p1  or  http://www.littlemis...d/BG2EE_GUI.zip

Also you can use this to adjust brightness and contrast:  http://www.shsforums...hanced-edition/

Edited by agb1, 03 February 2016 - 03:39 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#8 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

There is another druid, but outside the city (naturally).  If you speak to NPCs near the city gates you will eventually find your way.

Here are two other BG2EE GUIs you can try:  https://forums.beamd...edition-v1-0/p1  or  http://www.littlemis...d/BG2EE_GUI.zip

Also you can use this to adjust brightness and contrast:  http://www.shsforums...hanced-edition/

And I will find that druid. I hope he/she is not EVIL Alignment. . .

geminibruni's "Improved GUI for Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition (v2.0)" has cool CHARACTER RECORD but there no any changes to dialog box... AND he/she killed that cool 'mini gate' in the interface , also many changes that I do not want. littlemistake.com - 403 FORBIDDEN.
"Lighting Pack: Shader Scripts for the Enhanced Edition 2.2" - I should try it, thanx.
Anyway I started to create my own cosmetic GUI mod and made the topic about it in this forum. But I do not know if I even finish my mod :p .
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#9 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

Good luck and welcome to the modding community!

#10 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Try this link instead: http://www.littlemis...m/archives/2524

I gave a direct link before because this page has very minor spoilers (pictures and names of NPCs).

#11 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

Thanx. The Luck it is one of the most important things in my life ^_^. About the mod above, I think 'Dorn 2-Khan' will have some trouble with food consuming because of that claws... 'Edwin's' Beard looks little bit masquerade.That Stupid mad 'Baeloth' looks not bad , but he was in Hell so I think , would be better to make something with his hair, maybe burn it down :D . 'Aerie' not bad, but she always looks not bad :). The others NPC I do not know about. And to additional , nothing with dialogue box , and spell/abilities description from quick panel. I really need to create my own mod because I can not to continue playing with that horrible White Text on the Black Background.
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#12 InKal

InKal
  • Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

"Asteria's Restoration Project"

Almateria

more like a "fun" mod than actual restoration. my advice (with all due respect to Almateria) - uninstall.

Weapon Proficiencies: Quarterstaff +, Dagger +

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 9
Constitution: 8 (Manual of Bodily Health)
Intelligence: 19 (Tome of Clear Thought)
Wisdom: 20 (Tome of Understanding x2)
Charisma: 19 (Tome of Leadership and Influence)

Awesome!!  :jump: You need exactly 5 str to wield a staff in BG2. well done. con 8 and 9 dex is just right for half-elf. lol 

even better: make a cleric/mage multiclass prot. ..wait.....wait for it........now! put Crom Faeyr off and Flail of the Ages main hand. Profit!

Damage types (slashing, blunt. etc.) doesn't matter in BG2. It only matters in Improved Anvil mod. In vanilla and every other mod you only need some blunt for golems and thats all.

Concerning the NPCs. You have two classic options:"good party" and "evil party". You can toss two or more npc of opposite aligment in the party for some extra lulz but you probably need BG2Tweakpack components to prevent them from fighting each other.

Tactics componets you installed: Tougher Kangaxx and Guardians and  Improved Undead shouldn't be installed with SCS. You can install Kuroisan, Red Badge, Ritual (btw. if you want to play Tactics without Ritual you are doing it wrong!), Improved Ilych, Tougher Fire Giants  with SCS.

ps. no butthurt please...  :love:

#13 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:25 AM

Almateria

more like a "fun" mod than actual restoration. my advice (with all due respect to Almateria) - uninstall.

Hello InKal.

Huhh.. , but it is looks like a something cool on the picture at the Almateria's project page.
Dem, I need to change the name of Topic from Asteria to Almateria, thanx!

Awesome!!  :jump: You need exactly 5 str to wield a staff in BG2. well done. con 8 and 9 dex is just right for half-elf. lol 
even better: make a cleric/mage multiclass prot. ..wait.....wait for it........now! put Crom Faeyr off and Flail of the Ages main hand. Profit!

I do not know what you speaking exactly about, but when I made my char (that was in BG1:EE game start screen) I have no knowledge about the game's weapons requirements. I just did minus to Strength and Constitution and then I made plus to an Intelligence and the Wisdom and a Charisma , and pressed NEXT button.
And I can not make dual class or multi-class on my char, the DUAL-CLASS buttons is inactive, and I chosen no multi-class . My char are typo magician DIVINER, HALF-ELF.

Damage types (slashing, blunt. etc.) doesn't matter in BG2. It only matters in Improved Anvil mod. In vanilla and every other mod you only need some blunt for golems and thats all.

But in BG:EE was standard Plate Mail is very GOOD against slashing damage but a weak against the crushing damage. Golems in BG:EE was almost invulnerable against slashing damage....
So against low armored characters (Studded Leather Armour) and average armored (Chain Male) slashing/piercing damage (Axes, Swords) is perfect. But versus heavy armored ones (Plate Male, Full Plate Male) slashing damage is very weak. This thing is critical when monsters doing x2 damage, and when I understood it I started to avoid some annoying reloads.

Concerning the NPCs. You have two classic options:"good party" and "evil party". You can toss two or more npc of opposite aligment in the party for some extra lulz but you probably need BG2Tweakpack components to prevent them from fighting each other.

I have no options, and no tweaks, all of the my party will be good (I hope), and I take in party character not by their abilities but by their characters :p

Tactics componets you installed: Tougher Kangaxx and Guardians and  Improved Undead shouldn't be installed with SCS. You can install Kuroisan, Red Badge, Ritual (btw. if you want to play Tactics without Ritual you are doing it wrong!), Improved Ilych, Tougher Fire Giants  with SCS.

I read on the SCS/Tactics_for_EE manuals that I can try to install Improved Undeads, I read that The Ritual can bring in game some unbalanced items.

ps. no butthurt please...  :love:

That because stupid developers always did not making good game improvements but always doing something nasty with NPC and a StoryLine .... And maybe I am too emotional :) .
And I can not continue playing for now because I making the stupid GUI-Cosmetic mod and stacking and stacking... And I can not play without this mod because my eyes will be destroyed by that horrible contrast white on black fonts...

P.S.
Dem it! I have edited the first post and the
[code]
tag symbols formatting is gone now it is like a telegraph string :mad:

Edited by frostysh, 12 February 2016 - 03:33 AM.

- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

#14 Almateria

Almateria
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:19 AM

With all due respect, get bent, pal. >:-[

#15 frostysh

frostysh

THE TRUTH SEEKER

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

With all due respect, get bent, pal. >:-[

Hello

You looks like a creator of "Almateria's Restoration Project" , did not you? :p
- Eric Hoffer

- Albert Einstein

- Steven Weinberg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users