All oberservations below I've made on several BG2 and BGT installations, so just making a new install won't fix them. Using the English version of BG2, OS is Linux. Mods installed in the order suggested by the BigWorld installation manual, weidu.log attached.
- Cutscenes triggering on rest like dreams can cause you to get stuck in cutscene mod. So mods adding dreams could be troublesome. I also found that some modders use cutscenes to prevent multiple dreams / rest banters from firing, a method Berelinde came up with, according to comments in some scripts. Examples:
- Noticed on several occaisons that NPCs stay in the area while they're supposed to leave and move elsewhere. Mostly mod added ones, but a good example is also Nalia in the Copper Coronet: When she approaches you about helping her to free her keep, and you send her ahead and agree to meet her there, she won't leave, but immediately start with her next dialogue: 'There you are! I have waited positively ages for you...'
- Learning new spells from scrolls often requires several attempts. The 'added new spell to your mage book' dialogue pops up, but the scroll is still there and the spell is not in the book. It also hardly ever works while the game is paused (combined with the above mentioned issue learning a whole bunch of new spells can be pretty annoying). The weirdest thing is one Vocalize scroll found in the Irenicus dungeon on the start of BG2. It won't get destroyed in the learning process at all. Again, observed on every one of the various installations I had. This allows for an exploit to get xp when unlearning / learning it again and again.
- As already mentioned in the previous thread, animation soundsets don't work in BG2 for creatures like monsters, animals and shapeshifted characters. More testing showed that the problem is there on a fresh and unmodded installation, but strangely on my BGT installation only for the BG2 portion of the game. In the BG1 part all is fine.
- Recently I noticed another thing that fits here on BGT: The lightning ambient sound also seems only to fire when changing areas, also when entering an interior. Furthermore, it's sometimes extremely loud (I read about louder sound effects on GemRBs website, so this is nothing new). This was so annoying that I removed them from defsound.2da for the time being.
Edited by lynx, 17 March 2017 - 11:14 AM.