pdialog.2da

Red Carnelian

With Dragonspear installed I'm finding strange behaviour with my pdialogs and jdialogs for my NPC's the order in which you append them has changed. For example

APPEND ~PDIALOG.2DA~
~JETLAYA JETLAP JETLAJ
THORFINN THORFP THORFJ~
UNLESS ~JETLAYA~

Seems to work in the opposite way with something like

APPEND ~PDIALOG.2DA~
~JETLAYA JETLAJ JETLAP
THORFINN THORFJ THORFP~
UNLESS ~JETLAYA~

Any ideas why this may be happening?

With Dragonspear installed there will be two different 2da files

PDIALOG.2DA for the BG1 part

BDDialog.2da for the SoD part

Unless you have a steam or gog game and forgot to install modmerge prior to installing mods and now the SoD entry is used in BG1?

Unless you have a steam or gog game and forgot to install modmerge prior to installing mods and now the SoD entry is used in BG1?

I've updated these files but still have the same problem. Its seems completely different.

I don't understand your question, but i'm absolutely sure that your problem is caused by your script and it is unrelated to SoD.

If you take a peek at the official files, you'll see that the POST_DIALOG_FILE is always before the JOIN_DIALOG_FILE column.

I've updated these files but still have the same problem. Its seems completely different.

Script Name POST_DIALOG_FILE JOIN_DIALOG_FILE DREAM_SCRIPT_FILE

In both cases

The vanilla NPCs in SoD do not have a dedicated Post (or Banter) file but use their pre-joined like BDBAELOT.

Archived