The Beaurin Legacy NPC Mod for BGII

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce:

The Beaurin Legacy Mod for BGII

This modification is currently in English and is only available for SoA at the moment. The mod introduces an elven Neutral Evil Enchanter/Thief - Minyae Beaurin and a hidden NPC (sorry, I can't spoil it!). The mod also includes a friendship track, PIDs, numerous banters and interjections, original portraits, items, a quest, voicing, and a NPC romance with a specific Bioware NPC - a certain Red Wizard. She can be found in front of the Crooked Crane in the City Gates district.

qi_mil_by_jmaeq_dc4xh59_by_jmaeq-dciuqak

Portrait Artist - TamikaProud at DeviantArt

Her statistics are as follows:

Strength - 11

Dexterity - 19

Constitution - 12

Intelligence - 17

Wisdom - 12

Charisma - 16

As of now, the mod has only been tested for BGII:EE but should be able to work for the original Baldur's Gate.

Please use this thread for any questions, thoughts, or bugs regarding the mod. Any feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time and I hope you enjoy the mod. :)

EDIT: Due to copyright purposes, the music has been removed and the README.txt has been changed - there have been no other changes otherwise.

The Beaurin Legacy has a forum of its own here at G3! Please direct all future comments, questions/concerns, bugs there. Thank you all for your understanding!

Edited by jmaeq

Cool, one more for the evil side of things. Does she have any serious conflicts with other npcs that people should know about (like Edwin and Minsc)?

Only some casual bickering...maybe some are a little bit more heated, but no serious conflicts.

An evil enchantress and a thief, eh? Sounds all sorts of wrong but I like it. Reminds me of that Nilfgaardian lady in Witcher 3's High Stakes.

Thank you! :D (I haven't played the Witcher so I'm not sure who you mean, but I'll sure to look her up.)

I just started a new BG2EE game & picked her up right away. I've certainly enjoyed what I've seen so far & really like her / your voice. I'm looking forward to continuing on & will comment more once I get near the end. Thanks for the mod.

Audios QI#Mi105 - QI#Mi115 have too much echo, for some reason? The rest sound fine.

Lovely portraits btw. But the "friendship track" part broke my heart.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out! And oops, those audio files might have been for ToB...

Thanks again and maybe I can try mending your heart in the expansion.

I just started a new BG2EE game & picked her up right away. I've certainly enjoyed what I've seen so far & really like her / your voice. I'm looking forward to continuing on & will comment more once I get near the end. Thanks for the mod.

Thank *you* for taking the time to play it. I definitely look forward to hearing more thoughts from the Red Wizard himself! ;)

Nice! I love evil NPC's. I'd like to give this mod a try. I have a couple of questions first:

I already have an existing BWS install for BG2EE. Is it relatively safe to install an NPC mod on top of a relatively extensive BWS?

Also, do I need to start a new game for the Beaurin Legacy or will a save early in Chapter 2 work fine?

Nice! I love evil NPC's. I'd like to give this mod a try. I have a couple of questions first:

I already have an existing BWS install for BG2EE. Is it relatively safe to install an NPC mod on top of a relatively extensive BWS?

Also, do I need to start a new game for the Beaurin Legacy or will a save early in Chapter 2 work fine?

I have personally never used BWS, but just by taking a quick glance at it, I believe it should be relatively safe to install an NPC mod on top of it. Since it seems to me that BWS is essentially a tool that installs other mods for you, I don't see the harm in it. (But if anyone knows the definitive answer to this, please correct me.)

In regards to your second question - No, you do not need to start a fresh game for the mod, loading an early save in Chapter 2 should work fine.

Hope this helps, and thank you for taking the time to play it! :)

Hello,

thanks for this mod.

please can you work with Kulyok to add some juicy crosscontent?

And if you can also with Ajantis by Jastey

Oh! I almost forgot about crossmod content - I would certainly love to do that. I will contact them in the some time in the future and other active modders for the possibility of crossmod banter/content. Thank you for the reminder. :)

Version Updated to 1.1.

New Changes:

- Fixed Audio Clips: QI#Mi105-QI#Mi113 (will include QI#Mi114 and QI#Mi115) at a later date
- Added More Audio Clips
- Included a Custom Friendship Track Song
- Corrected some typos/grammatical errors

*The download link should be updated as well.

If you do add crossmod content , will you add to Tsujatha as well? As he to is Neutral Evil. I always play a good aligned party, Tsujatha is the exception, since he was my romance choice for my

female Skald. I have played a few other npc evilish mods, and the bio-ware ones. I just don't really play evil style.

If you do add crossmod content , will you add to Tsujatha as well? As he to is Neutral Evil. I always play a good aligned party, Tsujatha is the exception, since he was my romance choice for my

female Skald. I have played a few other npc evilish mods, and the bio-ware ones. I just don't really play evil style.

I'd love to be able to add as much crossmod content as possible. So if I am able to contact and receive a response from the mod's author, I would gladly add content with Tsujatha.

Edited by jmaeq