"SET_STRING uninstall info not found" and "unable to unlink"

Salk

Hello!

Can someone tell me what those WeiDU errors mean? I get them each time I uninstall my mod.

[WTPFamiliar/Backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

This is the first complaint. I am pretty sure the strings are never removed from the dialog.tlk file when I uninstall the mod. Do you have any idea why?

The other is a long list of files that cannot be "unlinked":

Unable to Unlink [override/oggdec.exe]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/oggdec.exe")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT01.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT01.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT02.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT02.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT03.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT03.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT04.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT04.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT05.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT05.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT06.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT06.ogg")

Thanks.

Despite the Imp's suggestion to just ignore the warnings and leave it at that, I would still like to know what is going on so if someone has any idea about how to fix this, I'd like to hear it. I am in the process of trying to remove bugs and undesired behavior from the mod I am working on and this falls into that category.

Thanks!

[WTPFamiliar/Backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
This is the first complaint. I am pretty sure the strings are never removed from the dialog.tlk file when I uninstall the mod. Do you have any idea why?

Are you using SET_STRING any? If not, it's no wonder there is no uninstall info to find. New strings (i.e., strings with a new index) added to dialog.tlk are never removed, if that's what you are thinking of.

Unable to Unlink [override/oggdec.exe]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/oggdec.exe")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT01.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT01.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT02.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT02.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT03.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT03.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT04.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT04.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT05.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT05.ogg")
Unable to Unlink [override/WTPCAT06.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/WTPCAT06.ogg")

I would strongly encourage you to use HANDLE_AUDIO instead of whatever you are doing there. (Unlink errors are typically harmless. Unlink is a fancy way of saying delete, so the message is merely saying that files that were supposed to be deleted do not exist.)

Hello and first of all, thank you.

Yes, that was exactly what made me confused. I didn't think new indexed strings would stay after uninstalling. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I was not using any SET_STRING. I was just wondering why I get a warning about some missing info from WeiDu if there should not be any to begin with.

About the unlink errors, I will see if I can switch to HANDLE_AUDIO instead and make it go away.

Thank you again, Wisp.

Archived