Custom kit problems with BG2EE?

Rhaella

I've been running into serious issues trying to get a custom kit installing for the BG2EE beta. I have it installing properly with the original game, but when I try to run BG2EE after installing it, I end up with tons of sql_compiler errors and then the kit won't play in game. I'm guessing some extra tp2 stuff is going to be required here?

Also, tangentially related, but does anyone know whether there's some hardcoding going on with the spell Vocalize being castable even while silenced? I'm trying to change it into an innate area of effect spell, but I can't seem to get it working when the caster is silenced.

Oh, thank you! I apparently didn't read past journal entries on that thread before.

Though my computer now seems to be choking on the cd_ee_kit_appends.tph file and refuses to install it. It keeps on telling me the file or directory doesn't exist, even though it's right there. It's also convinced the file is a txt document, though.

Though my computer now seems to be choking on the cd_ee_kit_appends.tph file and refuses to install it. It keeps on telling me the file or directory doesn't exist, even though it's right there. It's also convinced the file is a txt document, though.

Maybe you have file extensions turned off and the file is actually named cd_ee_kit_appends.tph.txt ?

Yeah, I think that is what happened. I've finally got the tph installing now, at least, but the sql_compiler errors haven't gone away.

I'm going to update my beta to see if it's something on the other side, but I don't know.

Okay, most of the sql_compiler errors went away as soon as I removed the # sign from my filenames. (Which is strange, but okay.)

However, I'm still getting:

.\sql_compiler.c[515]: [Overflow] Can't add column 'string'. Too many columns on table '25STWEAP'.

This is with the tph installing, so I don't know.

Yeah, the sql doesn't like special characters in column name (only alphanumeric)

That doesn't sound promising. So the game is now partially incompatible with the way almost all modder prefixes are written?

Er, keep us posted?

I haven't run into any problems with the prefix outside of adding kits, though I tend to avoid the more complicated weiDU functions anyway, so I have no idea what else it's going to choke on. Exciting times!

Yeah, the sql doesn't like special characters in column name (only alphanumeric)

How many columns are in your 25stweap.2da ?

Including my two kits, 65. I didn't have anything else added besides the two kits I was toying with; it bugs out as soon as I add even one custom kit. I have noticed that the BGEE 2da default is only 61 compared to BG2EE's 63 (it's missing two columns at the end), which probably explains why BGEE doesn't start tossing sql_compiler errors at me until I try to add a third custom kit instead of immediately after the first.

Of course, even with a BGEE installation, I'm having issues getting the kits to install even if I keep below the limit that sets off the sql_compiler issue, what with the new 2da's that have been added with the 1.2 patch. I managed to add clsrcreq manually to the appends.tph, but the name and description are still being overwritten, and I have no idea how to fix that.

I'm converting UB for BG2EE right now, so I, too, would really like to know what we can do to avoid trouble.

EDIT: I know Cam used a # for m#amber kit, so... it should possible, right? Or not? It would be rather easy for me to just disable Feralan and Justifier kits for BG2EE, but I'd prefer to get them working, if possible.

Doesn't and won't, ever? Sorry for the repetition in question, but I want to make sure before I start changing things.

Is there a convention as to what I would change my kit name if I cannot use the prefix, for compatibility reasons?

jastey - trying not to panic

Archived